professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I am loving this game, love stuff with a good story and is not just a sex farce! Well done!

Before I get too far (I think I am on game day 89 or something) I am wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Callisto in any way beyond the few defense upgrades that are available at the beginning? So far I have been able to bluster my way out of hostile meetings in space but I suspect they are beginning to escalate and I would like to at least add weapons for a fighting chance.

Not to give it away but later in the story it will happen. In the meantime, keep 'blustering'...or try other tactics (I assume you're getting hit by pirates?) If you're worried about pirates, have yo looked in your ship's computer for the three upgrades that are allowed (no guns but...things that help you with pirates)? you can buy them with funds once you've traded enough (they cost a little) They're in the right side under 'commodities' screen where your accounting of your funds are.

And as for changes and / or upgrades, might I suggest you give my Mod, Callisto-X a try? I'm in total agreement with you that I love a good story and since you haven't reached the end you might just like to play and compare the two versions before you get there. I'm in Beta testing of Ver.0.75's release cycle.

good luck

Reactions: Mike Hunt TG

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
And as for changes and / or upgrades, might I suggest you give my Mod, Callisto-X a try? I'm in total agreement with you that I love a good story and since you haven't reached the end you might just like to play and compare the two versions before you get there. I'm in Beta testing of Ver.0.75's release cycle.

good luck
I downloaded it today once I read what it was. Thanks!

Reactions: professorx10

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
Okay, I just finished. Love this game! Sorry to see it go. I was able to play it all through in one go, having found it completed before playing it.

It will be right up there for me with other masterpieces like Love of Magic, Terminal Reach Sentinel, and Sorcerer.

Oh, yes. I plan to start the new one soon, as well as Callisto X. I just have a few things to get back to first.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Actually the version of Callisto X that I found was .33.
That's correct. That was/is my first release.
However if you have a little patience, I'm finalizing Ver 0.75 which has a few updates to the story covered in ver 0.33 and adds a whole lot more story. Still, if you play v.033 you'll get a good idea of how I plan on expanding and 'polishing' this great adult novel/game.

The mission of Callisto-X is to fill out, improve, and expand the original story to include a whole different ending and add more interaction and challenges to the great inter-active novel it is. If you like Callisto, you'll enjoy Callisto-X even more.

BTW Callisto-X has it's own thread where you can keep up on changes and development status.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes