NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I can't play the game, I am stuck constantly running to the left!

Any idea how to fix this?

I tried saving and reloading... Starting with and without the intro... Same bug that makes it unplayable 100%.

This really needs to be a click adventure VN, not this walking sim garbage with buggy controls and NO settings.

The ONLY clue I have to what is happening, is that if I leave the window, playing in windowed mode, he stops running left. As soon as the mouse has focus to the window, he starts running left again. (No, I do not have a joystick hooked-up, or a mouse/joy emulator running. This is some issue with bad programming and "unity" specific function of the mouse/keyboard controls. Determined from what I read online. All fingers point to bad programming of input control. Something about "needing" constant directional input, which a keyboard doesn't do, but a controller and a tablet/phone does. So the "default" 0=left, is constantly being assumed, when no input is present. Instead of monitoring that no input is present, and NOT moving, or making 0=nothing as the default move.)

I just hoped there was some "fix".

I am trying version R1.9, because R20 seems to have this issue. I suspect that R1.9 will not be any different.

UPDATE: Version R1.9 has the same issue.

Unless there is a solution to this, I'm just going to pass on this game. I'll wait for the RenPy remake, remake...

Last edited:

Anonymousnone

May 28, 2019
I can't play the game, I am stuck constantly running to the left!

Any idea how to fix this?

I tried saving and reloading... Starting with and without the intro... Same bug that makes it unplayable 100%.

This really needs to be a click adventure VN, not this walking sim garbage with buggy controls and NO settings.

The ONLY clue I have to what is happening, is that if I leave the window, playing in windowed mode, he stops running left. As soon as the mouse has focus to the window, he starts running left again. (No, I do not have a joystick hooked-up, or a mouse/joy emulator running. This is some issue with bad programming and "unity" specific function of the mouse/keyboard controls. Determined from what I read online. All fingers point to bad programming of input control. Something about "needing" constant directional input, which a keyboard doesn't do, but a controller and a tablet/phone does. So the "default" 0=left, is constantly being assumed, when no input is present. Instead of monitoring that no input is present, and NOT moving, or making 0=nothing as the default move.)

I just hoped there was some "fix".

I am trying version R1.9, because R20 seems to have this issue. I suspect that R1.9 will not be any different.

UPDATE: Version R1.9 has the same issue.

Unless there is a solution to this, I'm just going to pass on this game. I'll wait for the RenPy remake, remake...
just downloaded and started up r20. I don't have this problem, are you sure it's not your keyboard or windows sticky key being on

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
now that the game is complete i gotta ask, is the sex scenes actually good this time around? i remember really wanting to like the first, but the scenes were so bad, it were a glorified image gallery, with nothing going for them besides looking like a nice picture.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
just downloaded and started up r20. I don't have this problem, are you sure it's not your keyboard or windows sticky key being on
I found out what it was... I have a CAD-MOUSE which has its own mouse drivers. If I simply open the mouse driver control program, then close it, the issue goes away. But, ultimately, the issue is a coding issue in UNITY, related to the XINPUT and attempt to directly interface the mouse from the USB controls. (There are TONS of code-fixes online for the common issue. But the "issue" is ONLY common to anyone who has something other than "windows default drivers", OR people who have a "joystick", which has or doesn't have a "dead-zone". All around the code-issue for the "default NULL action" which is the same as "zero", which most people seem to setup as "left" or "up" or "left-upward".)

Essentially, we shouldn't have to disable joysticks, unplug things and disable mouse-drivers, as a solution to a "coding issue", because someone is using someone-else's "bad code". (The bad code seems to be provided BY UNITY themselves, which is the real issue. But it is OLD code that they no longer actually support.) I am NOT blaming the DEV for the issue, for the record.

Now that the game works, I really feel like it is a bit lacking in controls still. I NEED to play with the mouse AND keyboard, and have to constantly move my hand back and forth from mouse to keys, or keys to keys. It is annoying, and X is reload???? and C is ???? Nothing tells you what anything does for controls.

There is SOOO much TLDR in this game, and MILES of back-and-forth running around. A lot of linear actions and not enough "open ended play interactions". Cute, but somehow it seems lacking in many ways. Even the animations feel "static" and devoid of life. It's NOT BAD, just... not fun or sexy or exciting. (Visually, it's really not "stimulating". I do LOVE the whole "looks like the old shockwave game style", but it just doesn't have the same sex-appeal as those games did. The artist is great and the writing isn't bad, in any way... It's just, as a whole, a bit "dry".)

Sad, because I see that there was a LOT of work put into this game. It's absolutely staying on my shelves for nostalgic reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeMarcus16

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
This game is going into my collections of "classics". Loved it... but...

What I would change in the game... If I could. :p

1: More clear "doorways"... (At the bottom, adding "light", as if there was light coming in from an open door there.) OR... No doorways "down", and all doorways being left or right, going "out". As if you turned into a room, like the location where AL is located, or the boat-house, which is a more "natural" navigation method.

2: UP to enter doors, or DOWN for "floor doorways", mentioned above. Not "E", to "USE".

3: More clear indication, at the player location, when there is something to interact with. As opposed to a "E" showing, in the corner of the screen, out of view of the person playing the game.

4: More recycled locations. There are many locations that are just "one time use", and they really need more things to do there. Such as the locked chests and locations of lock-picks, the cabins that only have one thing in them, at some specific time.

5: Pauses when hitting "special displays" when holding SHIFT, to skip the horribly TLDR text in the game. I blasted through a few good pictures, I know... After the first 40+ run-around, linear missions, I just skipped all the TLDR and had no clue what I was really doing after that point, game-wise. It just seemed like stuff to do, between things, which really made no linear or story-sense.

6: For the animations, I would have removed the whole "must do until heart is full", or made some variations to make it less tedious to do. I recall only ONE animation that offered the ability to "switch positions" and ONE that let you click to change positions. The rest were just a pointless loop of the same, singular action. (Except the annoying "fap magazines", which forced you into TWO pointless animations, with the second one not really being needed. I didn't need to see myself jacking-off, AFTER seeing myself banging some chick.) Also, the exaggeration was a bit much, with nipples rolling around like "googly eyes" in a kids toy.

7: Progression... There really was none. You just jump right in to sex with everyone, which honestly made no sense. It really needed a "build-up" of sexual tension and "failed attempts", and maybe some "suggestive innuendos", then some kind of "it's safe to do, we won't get caught", and "I trust you enough to do THIS, but not THAT, yet..." (I recall only ONE time where I was "(X) blocked", from seeing breasts, but at that point, I had already had sex with her, multiple times, so it didn't make sense that it was blocked!)

8: A clear and easy way to "pass time", to advance time. Sleeping is really not a 'normal' way to pass a short period of time. Normally, it would pass all time until morning. Only a few people allow you to pass time, by talking, and many you talk to, do not pass time at all, more oddly.

9: More clear "must wait until tomorrow", indication. Many quests would say "go see some girl", and when you go there, there is nothing to do. You have to wait for a whole day to pass, or just a new time period, without any indication that you have to wait.

10: More isolated locations, or all isolated, and some inter-navigational way to get to them. The "shop" guy should have his own place. The "Gym" really should be a seperate location. The lodge, girls cabins, boys cabins, boat-house, etc... should be isolated. Through the isolation, like walking left and right to get to places, there should be UP and DOWN paths to various locations too. (In a logical sense, in relation to the map locations.) Just as there are doorways, a simple "path" and a sign to different areas would have been great. As well as the ability to "RUN", holding SHIFT, or the ability to "CLICK" to move, would have been a great and easy thing to program into the game.

11: Maybe a bonus "Fappable dialogue only", for those with severe allergies to TLDR text within a "fapping game". This feels a bit like "Mass Effect", but with more sex, randomly thrown-in, all over, among the TLDR story. "I can't fap to that!", was constantly flashing across my mind, when playing. Then I discovered the SHIFT key would skip the TLDR, and atleast bypassed the TLDR, but that phrase still remained. (If there was fappable text, short, blunt, edgy, humorous... something... Then that thought may have escaped my mind.) The fact that everything just came so easily and always just led to sex, made me feel like a gynecologist coming home to his wife who is asking him for sex... In his mind, "If I see one more vagina today!" After a while, it just becomes numbing and normal, as what it is like living in a nudist colony. There is no "forbidden", no "achievement", no "reward", no "earning", no "effort", no "refusal", no "taboo", no "desire", no "build-up", no "justification", no "struggle". I was left, after about 40 interactions, just wanting it to end, to reach the end, and had no desire to actually "figure out what is really happening" in the game.

12: Non-linear interactions. I realize that, due to the TLDR story, a LOT of the actions were forced to play-out linear, tied to the linear story. However, the SEX, and build-up that was missing, could have been the "spaces between", not "the nodes on the path". Such that they could have been done, or not done, at any time, as the story progressed. Our minds are really NOT that simplified, demanding that a story honestly unfold in a totally linear way. We can grasp the various "pieces", which collectively make the "complete story", without the need for a linear-locked narrative that ONLY unfolds in a linear order. Honestly, those FEW things that needed that order, could have been "limiting locks of progression". Such that the first few "group of non-linear actions" were all something like simple flashes of panties, or cute mini-quests of normal chores. Those having to ALL be done, before the next advancement, or only some of them. Then a few linear parts. Then a new group of non-linear things, collected before they could be acted on... Then another blast of linear parts... repeat to the end.

3.00 star(s) 14 Votes