naoc

Jun 13, 2019
i used to like this game, but for now, for few past updates i cant say the same, there are many bugs..
yes, changing the game engine mid dev is a bad idea.
I hope other developers will learn from the mistake.

Last edited:

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
yes, changing the game engine mid dev is a bad idea.
I hope other developers will learn from the mistake.
It doesn't have to be a mess, especially when using Unity was already overkill in the first place. It's a simple VN that is much better suited for Ren'py than Unity. However it feels like the code was thrown into a script converter and just converted to Python instead of being tailored to Ren'py itself. This caused makes it so the game uses it's old custom Unity functions instead of Ren'py's built in ones.

So basically, the game is better suited for Ren'py but has been poorly ported. From what I've seen of the code at least.

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
lol so dev acknowledged how shitty is this game and added feature to rollback script errors? fuck me, advertising this as a feature is cheap
Oioi, I'm the one that enabled rollback.. What's the issue? I had no issues my self aside from 1 grey screen that I couldn't reproduce after. Can you tell me the error? Or maybe it's a compatibility bug, could you send me your save?

roll back is designed for basics VN, no games type open world
It can work just fine with Camp Pinewood, though it might require a fresh save to work.. Haven't had the chance to test it with a pre-existing save file

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
Rollback in Camp Pinewood doesn't work because of how you move around. He's using something from Unity instead of using Renpy's built in stuff which cause you to never actually enter a location and stop. So when you roll back, it would go back to the very start, or a menu.. I think those count as stops as well. But yea, changing one line of code fixed that :p

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Rollback in Camp Pinewood doesn't work because of how you move around. He's using something from Unity instead of using Renpy's built in stuff which cause you to never actually enter a location and stop. So when you roll back, it would go back to the very start, or a menu.. I think those count as stops as well. But yea, changing one line of code fixed that :p
So what im hearing is... he's a lazy dev. no surprises here

Reactions: Artix0

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
Great news that bugs are getting fixed but the main story is still bugged early on (?)

donuts do not appear in kitchen

melinda? does not appear at pool in evening
The main story should be fixed in my version, I managed to play through it without issues at least. Have you tried my version?

Reactions: Clexds

moszter

Jan 31, 2019
Camp Pinewood [v2.9.0 Bugfix] [VaultMan]

WINDOWS: or
MACOSX:
ANDROID: or or / Repack:

100% save:

Akanoes

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2017
yeah I'm using your version.. tried it again still not seeing these objects/scenes
Are you using the spy glass icon? I don't remember how it was with Melinda but I know the donuts are accessed through the spy glass.. Can you send me your save so I can have a look myself?

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
Great news that bugs are getting fixed but the main story is still bugged early on (?)

donuts do not appear in kitchen

melinda? does not appear at pool in evening
so.. see you next few month again?
i really hope this game is fixed.

sly57619

May 14, 2020
Hey guys does anyone have a v2.9 hacked version for Android so I can skip, have all "ask options" on all characters, etc?

Please and thanks

2.40 star(s) 30 Votes