kingmich

May 21, 2017
maybe the saves from your first run are doing the crashes. try the game without the saves. the saves are located at appdata/localow/vaultman
sorry for the late reply but sadly that didnt work. maybe i need explain it more if i try to load a save OR start a new game it crashes deleteing my old saves sadly didnt do anything i honestly dont know what happen think im going reset my pc and try again

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
hmmm, playing a new game won't delete your savefiles, at least it doesn't do it for me...

only thing i can come up with right now would be to delete everything from the game (all saves and the game itself - you can store your saves on an usb-stick) and then try it again to be completely sure that it's not due to saves or corrupted files. then download it again from f95 and if it happens again we know at least for 100% that it's not your savefiles. but it really is kinda weird, why shouldn't the game work anymore for ya? o.o.

ps: also clean ya pc from unwanted registry files. juuust to make sure. i'm no pro here but it sometimes helps ^^.

what OS are you using by the way? the game is made for win7 if i remember correctly.

kingmich

May 21, 2017
hmmm, playing a new game won't delete your savefiles, at least it doesn't do it for me...

only thing i can come up with right now would be to delete everything from the game (all saves and the game itself - you can store your saves on an usb-stick) and then try it again to be completely sure that it's not due to saves or corrupted files. then download it again from f95 and if it happens again we know at least for 100% that it's not your savefiles. but it really is kinda weird, why shouldn't the game work anymore for ya? o.o.

ps: also clean ya pc from unwanted registry files. juuust to make sure. i'm no pro here but it sometimes helps ^^.

what OS are you using by the way? the game is made for win7 if i remember correctly.
i said i deleted my save files both save folders idk why there was 2 of them but ya i deleted them but when i restarted the pc i was able to the play the game no problem i have no clue why either. maybe the game takes up alot ram/cpo usage?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
ah sry, i missunderstood ya message then. after reading "[...] start a new game it crashes deleteing my old saves [...]" i thought you meant the game deleted ya savefiles.

so the savefolders where the ones at fault?
and now you can play your game again? hurray!

i guess the game couldn't decide where to save the files to and started struggling => it crashed. that's my guess.

kingmich

May 21, 2017
ah sry, i missunderstood ya message then. after reading "[...] start a new game it crashes deleteing my old saves [...]" i thought you meant the game deleted ya savefiles.

so the savefolders where the ones at fault?
and now you can play your game again? hurray!

i guess the game couldn't decide where to save the files to and started struggling => it crashed. that's my guess.
it wasnt that i deleted the saves when u told me to and try to start the game again and it still crashed but when i reseted my pc everything worked fine

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
i said i deleted my save files both save folders idk why there was 2 of them but ya i deleted them but when i restarted the pc i was able to the play the game no problem i have no clue why either. maybe the game takes up alot ram/cpo usage?
i thought about it again what you wrote (and i'm sorry that i missread your posts multiple times. maybe, 'cause you never used the comma in your sentences. i guess that confused me a bit) anyway, reseting ya pc "might" solve ya problem just temporarily. about the RAM problem, i honestly doubt that. i remember such games that crashes due to a bug that causes the RAM to be used to the brim and therefore causes a freeze ingame. but such a thing takes quite some time before it causes such a crash. and by simply closing the game and starting it again you can play on 'till the bug uses up ya RAM again. and this isn't the case in camp pinewood. registry files could be the problem, but a local game using registry files? i have my doubts here either. as far as i know games that you have to install are bound to registry files, while other games like camp pinewood can be played in any folder and even from a memory stick. i just tested it. worked fine, even on full mode. it was just slow as fuck in terms of loading, but that's to be expected XD. oh by the way: the game consumes 620 MB ram and 30% of my CPU (i use an old bulldozer CPU). so what could cause the crash then? games use so called dll's. those files are located, normally, in special windows files and are updated frequently from microsoft. sometimes win 10 updates are cancer for our games. it could also be the graphic card itself and the programs accustomed to it. most people here use nvidia and therefore use geforce experience. some weird problems can occur using that program. but unity is used so often, even for AAA games, it's fucking hard to tell why some people have problems starting it why others don't have any problems at all. i gathered a small list of solutions for start up problems. i hope it will help some people reading my post.

here some posts of others who had problems with unity and found a solution:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Snee

BetaCnc

Sep 12, 2017
by far any other version works on my computer but this one, it's obvious that this version has it's issues and works whenever it wants, it crashes every single time when i try to start a new game

Reactions: observer80

York24

Dec 10, 2017
Great update, but is anyone else bothered by the decrease in quality of the images and sprites for the new characters? Are they temporary?

2.40 star(s) 30 Votes