Hime19

Jun 2, 2018
same with me, the problem is Mia, there are bugs, by developer cheat, she should open donna and vicky at least, but even if i get the unlock signal, it wont open
Oh it still bugged?That explain everything lol.I tho it fixed since the comment i read someone report about that bug is like 2 month ago and i saw multiple people got pass the suit part in this version which lead me to think it fixed already.It kinda confuse me for sec.Oh welp i really want to avoid using dev console on my first playthough too since it unlock multiple stuff at once instead just suit part.

nezmee

Nov 13, 2018
Oh it still bugged?That explain everything lol.I tho it fixed since the comment i read someone report about that bug is like 2 month ago and i saw multiple people got pass the suit part in this version which lead me to think it fixed already.It kinda confuse me for sec.Oh welp i really want to avoid using dev console on my first playthough too since it unlock multiple stuff at once instead just suit part.
im the same, Im stuck and dont wanna cheat... ffs

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
First of all, thank you for your feedback. And yes, the game is finished until further notice because the main story is done. That's all I wanted to include in Candyman. But yes, there are still some parts open that I might finish at another time.

Why don't I continue?
Because the game engine sucks! It sucks to constantly have bugs that aren't my fault and that I just can't change.

What do I do now?
I'm diligently learning Renpy and Unity. I'm already working on the sequel, which will continue the story, but with Renpy and not with PaCDK. Anyone who wants to have an impression of the game engine... you can find it in the editor package with the complete game. Good luck with it!

But as I promised brittC25, I was looking for a way to cheat in the old games. I found it, and I hope it fits for most of you.
You can use the ingame console to change all stats. How?

To activate the console and other debugging features you have to hold down the console key for 2 seconds (the key under escape). After that you can open and close it with the same key.
The console shows information about the running game and you can enter any scriptcommand. This helps you to try out different values of certain variables ect without having to restart the game. With the arrowkeys you can select previous lines. To scroll up and down use the keys Page-Up and Page-Down .

There are some additional commands to retrieve more information.
  • room roomname - Shows all values of a room.​
  • object Objectname - Shows all values of an object.​
  • char Character - Shows all values of a character.​
  • functions - Shows a list f all running functions.​
  • variables - Shows some information about all used variables.​
  • textouts - Shows a list of all used textout lines.​
  • fpsgraph - Toggles a visualized fps graphic.​
  • F11 shows a list of all active variables (and there are a lot of!)​
Ingame Console.jpg
Most used command:
setnum (Geld; +500) = adds 500 cash, it's not the same like:
setnum (Geld; 500) = sets value to 500

to change Tammys Shop button use:
setobj (btn map c01; 2) = set the button to status 2 and if you click it, the intro of this room starts
setobj (btn map c01; 3) = if you have already visited the store once, no intro will be played again

I hope this information will help you for the time being.

brittC25 = You can also use this in the old John Smith parts. Maybe someone will link this post to it, then others will find it too.

nezmee

Nov 13, 2018
First of all, thank you for your feedback. And yes, the game is finished until further notice because the main story is done. That's all I wanted to include in Candyman. But yes, there are still some parts open that I might finish at another time.

Why don't I continue?
Because the game engine sucks! It sucks to constantly have bugs that aren't my fault and that I just can't change.

What do I do now?
I'm diligently learning Renpy and Unity. I'm already working on the sequel, which will continue the story, but with Renpy and not with PaCDK. Anyone who wants to have an impression of the game engine... you can find it in the editor package with the complete game. Good luck with it!

But as I promised brittC25, I was looking for a way to cheat in the old games. I found it, and I hope it fits for most of you.

To activate the console and other debugging features you have to hold down the console key for 2 seconds (the key under escape). After that you can open and close it with the same key.
The console shows information about the running game and you can enter any scriptcommand. This helps you to try out different values of certain variables ect without having to restart the game. With the arrowkeys you can select previous lines. To scroll up and down use the keys Page-Up and Page-Down .

View attachment 1592512
Most used command:

setobj (btn map c01; 2) = set the button to status 2 and if you click it, the intro of this room starts
setobj (btn map c01; 3) = if you have already visited the store once, no intro will be played again

brittC25 = You can also use this in the old John Smith parts. Maybe someone will link this post to it, then others will find it too.
might just be my keeb but console still wont open after I hold for five seconds and then press again?

EditÖ Just changed my keeb language settings to german

Last edited:

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018

Why don't I continue?

What do I do now?

View attachment 1592512
Most used command:

Awesome, Thank you, I have all the old games still zipped and waiting, so will give this a roll now.

Renpy is a great platform, and You can have mega high quality HD renders and smooth animation on it also, unity is good also, but many prefer Renpy.

You could remove all incest from your Renpy games and set yourself up on Patreon and earn money from folks, and do a side patch for incest for here if a game calls for it.

I am sure it has been a total headwreck for you when the present game platform throws up endless errors and You can do nothing to fix them, least when Renpy throws up an error it gives You a full reason why and allows the Dev to use the full reason to quickly find the problem and fix it, but errors these days on Renpy are rare (well for me anyhow, touch wood it stays that way) :D

The new games platform will bring your games to many more 100s and 1000s of people.

Goodluck with the new Renpy games, I and I`m sure others wish You every success moving forward, cant wait to play them.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
The new games platform will bring your games to many more 100s and 1000s of people.
And especially then many more people can help me with the code than now :geek:

So far it works quite well with Renpy and I'm happy with the results. But I still have a lot to learn. What I can manage quite well is to tell a story, but I still lack the ability for "game elements". But hey... I just started with intensive learning a few days ago.

My goal is to have a very clear first version of Redwood ready by the end of January. The current version here shows only a small part of the intro. Where I'm not sure yet, is.... right now I'm developing Redwood more as a serious thriller. With John Smith and Candyman, it was the wacky humor that was the focus. There I'm unsure what is better received by the majority?

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
So far it works quite well with Renpy and I'm happy with the results.
RenPy kind of struggles with any kind of complex UI or higher end game mechanics. As much as I dislike Unity for AVNs, if you are going sandbox with lots of variables like this game, it might be the best engine. Man of the House, and Love of Magic are pretty good examples of this. (y)

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
where's that rainbow pop you need to unlock sugarman at the end? (in the waroom)
You have to do the three tasks in Downtown -> Office -> Office to unlock the Lab. Then the Lab is another room in the Office, where you can make the Rainbow Lollipops (and the CumCan you need to upgrade some of the brothel).

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Has anyone found a solution to be able to run the console in the game ?
Because unfortunately it does not work for me.
Or at least to make the bank in the game work ?
Because it also unfortunately does not work for me, so I can not add more money and playing without cheats for me sucks a bit because it takes too long to grind money normally in this game.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Has anyone found a solution to be able to run the console in the game ?
Because unfortunately it does not work for me.
Or at least to make the bank in the game work ?
Because it also unfortunately does not work for me, so I can not add more money and playing without cheats for me sucks a bit because it takes too long to grind money normally in this game.
OK I found a way to make the console work, you have to change the keyboard language to "German" and then I can open the console.

feeling_blue

Sep 20, 2021
I think I am stuck in Charly's "expand the new biz in warehouse and church". I fullfill everything in the warehouse and church but can't go any further. Anyone can help me?

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
to change the keyboard language to "German" and then I can open the console.
indeed
how to use char character thingy?. ... i tried char+name (mia, mom) . to check their stats etc. didnot work
k. feels like it is safer to grind. as scenes are assigned to certain levels . and next quest steps happen at x/10 points

wait what to do in sewers? how to cheat? was it implied just to fck to boost scores? but that didnot work for me , nothing got raised
hm maybe it was not implied ... oh though i get soe points from some girls in sauna area which i discovered later

how to tweak energy. prolly easier to just sleep heh.

Last edited:

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Icebaer3
too late for advising anything heh . overall i liked it. it is like AoWD without p&c. if you are going to make another game similar in style - id play it.
...that game exit thing, for some reason i expected/wanted fighting club reference with pixies -where is my mind

help
cannot progress at some point. (me? bug? undeveloped? no idea)
*mia - done, talked next day repeatedly
--cannot expand/improve anything in both cookin areas. checked several times.
--there is something in hollywood studio69 either upgrade or movie. (faded/locked frame)
--i have couple of faded figurines / locked scenes in femfit (showers and lockerroom.)
--coco and erika is shown as locked (but i finished em. or so.)

1644920712981.png

Last edited:

Dec 28, 2017
Icebaer3
too late for advising anything heh . overall i liked it. it is like AoWD without p&c. if you are going to make another game similar in style - id play it.
...that game exit thing, for some reason i expected/wanted fighting club reference with pixies -where is my mind

help
cannot progress at some point. (me? bug? undeveloped? no idea)
*mia - done, talked next day repeatedly
--cannot expand/improve anything in both cookin areas. checked several times.
--there is something in hollywood studio69 either upgrade or movie. (faded/locked frame)
--i have couple of faded figurines / locked scenes in femfit (showers and lockerroom.)
--coco and erika is shown as locked but done?

View attachment 1654678
--cannot expand/improve anything in both cookin areas. checked several times

for this problem you must meet coco (McAlister) in hollywood and try/finish all content with her, and you went casting agency in the downtown. try and finish all content in casting agency. and then you can expand in church.

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes