Can't access Exhentai, does anyone here have a similar issue?

TARS_001

Mar 5, 2021
I recently made three accounts (USA IP) to test if what butek said. Now I need to wait...

I'll explain it again just in case:

1. Set your exit node to United States
Like CoomerBoomer said, you'll need to establish your exit node to a country where ExHentai isn't blocked. I know only United States and Moldavia (where the server is hosted). Check where Tor Browser was installed in your computer, and follow this path:

- [Desktop]/Tor Browser/Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Tor/torrc

Now open torrc with Note Pad, and paste "ExitNodes {us} StrictNodes 1" at the bottom. It should look like this:

# This file was generated by Tor; if you edit it, comments will not be preserved
# The old torrc file was renamed to torrc.orig.1 or similar, and Tor will ignore it

ClientOnionAuthDir C:\Users\[user]\Desktop\Tools\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\onion-auth
DataDirectory C:\Users\[user]\Desktop\Tools\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor
GeoIPFile C:\Users\[user]\Desktop\Tools\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip
GeoIPv6File C:\Users\[user]\Desktop\Tools\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip6

ExitNodes {us} StrictNodes 1

You can also try "ExitNodes {md} StrictNodes 1", but I doubt anyone set up an account in Moldavia yet.

2. Open Tor and go to E-Hentai
Now you go to E-Hentai and click on the padlock to verify that your exit node is set to USA. It should look like this:

O This browser
l
O
Sweden 94.xxx.xx.xxx Guard
l
O
France 62.xxx.xx.x
l
O
United States 199.xxx.xxx.xxx
l
O
e-hentai,org

If your exit node (the last one) isn't set on United States, click on New Circuit for this Site until you eventually get it.
Now time to make an account: Always make sure it stays in USA during the registration process, as your account may be IP blocked if you click on Register while your exit node was set to Germany / Sweden (for example).

3. Wait approximately one week
New accounts must wait 1 week until they're "activated" and able to enter ExHentai. During this time, you can try different things on the site to prove you're not a bot, such as:

- Post a gallery
- Write a comment
- Add some favorites
- Make a new thread
- Play HentaiVerse

This is not confirmed to be true, but it's worth a try

4. After a week, log in to E-Hentai

Do the login process through Tor, exit node set to US at all times... You already know. Your account must've been activated by that time, but I suggest waiting one day or two (just to make sure).

5. Open ExHentai
Since Tor doesn't save cookies, you don't need to edit them. Just open a new tab and go to ExHentai,org. If what butek and CoomerBoomer said it's true, then you should be able to access it.

I'll update this comment if anything works, but now it's time to wait.
It worked with my third account, IP set on Germany I think. Logged in to E-Hentai and then onto Ex (it took some seconds to load). Never posted anything though.

I also extracted the igneous string using Cookie Manager. Make sure to do it as well since that's your "passport" to ExHentai.

Sadly; the artist's fanbox I was looking for wasn't there, so I guess no one has published it yet.
It's this guy:

Anyways, I'll try to use the account outside of Tor, and verify if my other two accounts do work as well.

TARS_001

Mar 5, 2021
It worked with my third account, IP set on Germany I think. Logged in to E-Hentai and then onto Ex (it took some seconds to load). Never posted anything though.

I also extracted the igneous string using Cookie Manager. Make sure to do it as well since that's your "passport" to ExHentai.

Sadly; the artist's fanbox I was looking for wasn't there, so I guess no one has published it yet.
It's this guy:

Anyways, I'll try to use the account outside of Tor, and verify if my other two accounts do work as well.
I also recommend IMHentai (imhentai.xxx) for anyone looking for ExHentai content while they're waiting. You can also download galleries for free, but some pictures are corrupted. If you managed to get into Ex, you can just re-download the corrupted pictures and you're done!

Still, I wouldn't put my trust on the site too much. Who knows when it's gonna get taken down by faggots.
Make your account on Tor now!

jol2r

Oct 9, 2020

It's this guy:

how to use the igneous string? Also does it work for you outside of tor?

TARS_001

Mar 5, 2021
how to use the igneous string? Also does it work for you outside of tor?
Install Cookie Manager for Tor. It will let you edit cookies and extract the igneous string. The editor page for exhentai.org looks like this:

ipb_member_id: 28501830
ipb_pass_hash: 289xvt20138v2zc
yay: louder
igneous: h929f17

The igneous value is your passport to ExHentai. Those who don't have access will have "mysterious" instead of some random combination.

Also, I haven't used it outside Tor, but I plan on testing that later.

Subject01

Sep 14, 2018
Wait 1 more day maybe, it didn't work for me at first because of the different time zone.
Yeah I'll do that. I checked the igneous string using a cookie manager and it's still "mystery".

Also does the exit node need to be the US all the time? Because whenever I access E-hentai/HentaiVerse the exit node changes location.

butek

Dec 8, 2016
Yeah I'll do that. I checked the igneous string using a cookie manager and it's still "mystery".

Also does the exit node need to be the US all the time? Because whenever I access E-hentai/HentaiVerse the exit node changes location.
Probably yes, you followed coomerboomers intrusctions right ?

Subject01

Sep 14, 2018
I did. The registration was in US. Even browsing the forums the exit node stayed in US. But if I opened E-hentai/HentaiVerse the exit node changes.
I'll also add that TOR seems to be changing the location of the ExitNodes {us} StrictNodes 1 line to the middle:

ClientOnionAuthDir C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\onion-auth
DataDirectory C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor
GeoIPFile C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip
GeoIPv6File C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip6

I don't know if that's normal or not.

TARS_001

Mar 5, 2021
I'll also add that TOR seems to be changing the location of the ExitNodes {us} StrictNodes 1 line to the middle:

ClientOnionAuthDir C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\onion-auth
DataDirectory C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor
GeoIPFile C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip
GeoIPv6File C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip6

I don't know if that's normal or not.
I think that changing the exit node manually is a placebo effect, because the padlock will show that you'll exit with an United States IP, but end up in France shortly after.

I waited 8 days, and got in without problem.

If you're still having issues, you should start over again creating at least three acounts one day. That way, you have more chances of getting in if one fails. In the meantime, go to imhentai.xxx if you wanna get the latest galleries from ExH.

Subject01

Sep 14, 2018
I think that changing the exit node manually is a placebo effect, because the padlock will show that you'll exit with an United States IP, but end up in France shortly after.

I waited 8 days, and got in without problem.

If you're still having issues, you should start over again creating at least three acounts one day. That way, you have more chances of getting in if one fails. In the meantime, go to imhentai.xxx if you wanna get the latest galleries from ExH.
Yeah, I made another account yesterday.
Earlier you said that you didn't post anything, did you play HentaiVerse or did you just left the account without doing anything to it for the whole week?

TARS_001

Mar 5, 2021
Yeah, I made another account yesterday.
Earlier you said that you didn't post anything, did you play HentaiVerse or did you just left the account without doing anything to it for the whole week?
Ok, so I've tried all three accounts just now, and the first one didn't seem to work. Here's the status:

- Acc #1: Banned (USA)
- Acc #2: Working (USA)
- Acc #3: Working (Germany)

I'm thinking that the first account got registered in a state where ExH is banned, while the 2nd account didn't. As for the third, I chose Germany because they are more open to freedom of art:

My recommendation is to make at least three accounts to increase the probabilites of success. I also did nothing with any of the accounts: didn't post any thread nor played HentaiVerse.

TARS_001

Mar 5, 2021
Ok, so I've tried all three accounts just now, and the first one didn't seem to work. Here's the status:

I'm thinking that the first account got registered in a state where ExH is banned, while the 2nd account didn't. As for the third, I chose Germany because they are more open to freedom of art:

My recommendation is to make at least three accounts to increase the probabilites of success. I also did nothing with any of the accounts: didn't post any thread nor played HentaiVerse.
I tried to use one of the working accounts outside of Tor, and surprisingly, it did work! Here are the steps:

1. Go to E-Hentai and login
2. Go to ExHentai
3. Edit the cookies using an add-on
4. Paste your igneous value (extracted from Tor) and delete the "yay" cookie.
5. Reload the page

There is a good reason to get the account working outside of Tor, and that is for batch downloading without messing with the Tor network (which is already slow). This can be done using scripts, but I'm yet to test that.

Subject01

Sep 14, 2018

I'll make another account in Germany then, thanks for the info. Time to wait another week and see what happens.

Subject01

Sep 14, 2018
Holy shit, I'm in. I copied the igneous string and opened the website in a normal browser. Thanks guys.

Sibobo

Jan 1, 2020
Hear me out guys, I used all the methods suggested on this thread at least 5 times, ALL OF IT. None of it worked, my original IP is Asian. Then i remembered that i had the credentials of a really old account(made in 2016) stored somewhere, logged in using that account on TOR and went straight to exhentai, I COULD IMMEDIATELY access it. Here's my last visit log for proof. Screenshot (233).png