VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

bigboicc

Jul 4, 2018
That is not accurate. That shouldn't be accurate. Inside Renpy folder are the python libraries for Ren'py. Patch files should go into game/. If you can reproduce let me see the error.
It also didnt work in the game directory for me but it did work inside the renpy/common. weird stuff man

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
It also didnt work in the game directory for me but it did work inside the renpy/common. weird stuff man
I can't tell what's the issue without any error messages though (even CTD is an error).

bigboicc

Jul 4, 2018
I can't tell what's the issue without any error messages though (even CTD is an error).
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'prologue_hangar'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 604, in script
  File "E:\curry\CaptainLance-0.41-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\curry\CaptainLance-0.41-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Captain Lance 0.40
Fri Dec 27 20:31:36 2019

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 604, in script
  File "E:\curry\CaptainLance-0.41-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\curry\CaptainLance-0.41-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Captain Lance 0.40
Fri Dec 27 20:31:36 2019
It's doesn't make any sense still. You only need to copy the files into game folder and not renpy/common or whatever. Especially with that error.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I’m not myself since middle of November – some may have noticed but may not been watching me. Things have gone wild and I wanted to post an update today which was missing many of the core promises but I found a way how can I “supplement” those missing.

Those supplements have gone haywire and I have given up on my rapidly made mistakes before I burn the house on myself.

As I said before and implied: Game is going on a break in January. Although I was not anticipated every factor – I also could not. The game is going on a break, but the break how currently things are, is indefinite. There will be questions about this. The most frequent will be answered right away (will be expanded if more coming in).

Code:
Q: “Is the game abandoned?”
A: “No.”

Q: “Is the game on-hold then?”
A: “No. The game will be developed during this break however the
pace will be much slower and fewer updates will be posted on Discord or at all.”
Q: Why is this happening?
A: “January is a dead month for me. I’m constantly under stress from different
directions – which I knew was happening. I also knew December was also stressful month
for me and two in a row burnt me out mentally. As of writing it’s still far from over.
There is also one more reason why I’m putting the game aside for a while which I’m not
comfortable sharing with open public. Truth to be told this more reason I’m going on a
break than time.”
I will be still available on Discord and you can expect minimal support for the game and chatting if that matters to anyone. I'm sorry for the let down.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Where does the patch goes?
where do you apply the patch? what folder should you put the patch in?
There is a folder called "game" inside the folder. You should place it there. There should be an .rpa file there - if not - there will be a prompt to overwrite the files (you MUST overwrite them). It should solve issues.

Please be aware that bugs can happen between releases and when it occurs I always update the main thread under a "Patch" link and you should ALWAYS apply it before you play. Otherwise it can result to can negatively impact your experience. I didn't repack the game itself but I'll consider always repacking after bigger patches to avoid further problems with new players.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I thought I hop in for a heads up.

I'm collaborating with some of my discord members about next release. Due to difficulties at my work & living circumstances rendering progress was halted but scripting progress was done and a lot of bugs and content addition has been made. Next step starts tomorrow when I finally get my rendering workstation back so I can start doing actual work done and not just scripting.

My milestone is April 30th but that's the last deadline to finish. I'm always posting some progress on Discord (if there is something worth sharing).

A lot of overhauls of already implemented features has been made and I can't ensure compatibility. For those who want to hop in to the gamer right now I advise to wait because the next release WILL require a new game (too much delete and script change).

I hope I'll see you during next release.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Just want to say I love the game and thank you for taking player feedback. Keep up the great work
I'm happy that you like it. I'm always open to feedback even if it's limited to bugfixing but I'm always open to new ideas or things you want to see more or less of.

Reactions: SecHRet

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
There no way "heterosexual" only futa/lesbian?
Otherwise, i like game :)

If u like space opera game, check Starship Ianna.
I'm not sure if you've noticed but far as I'm concerned: there is not really that much interaction with any male members in this release. (Also my title, I'm happy someone finally noticed). Also there was a hint in Chapter 2 Prologue regarding this.

So nope. 100% gay (lesbian).

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes