VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Haguro33

Nov 13, 2019
I cant view compressed version on pc at all. Try uncompressed I guess? Or you can use browser I think. Cruncher makes it into webp binary - but doesnt change the extension.
is the archived version exactly the same as current 0.6.0?

catfood

Feb 10, 2018
i cant even pick my origin without it giving me a error code
Had same problem; I've played earlier versions. Removed game/cache and game/saves directories that didn't fix it, but when I did those and deleted the games renpy folder that fixed it.
renpy folder : c:/Users/<me>/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/CaptainLance*

Dec 31, 2019
Very interesting game, reminded me a lot of Mass Effect, the story hooked me from the start. It has a very interesting lore too and so many great girls, I liked them all. Ana is my favorite, love the connection she and the MC have.

I probably messed up in the free roam part, missed some events, will try again following the walkthrough, that was the only bad part for me.

Nice work so far, this was a hidden gem for me, the game is good. Can't wait to see more of the story!

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Very interesting game, reminded me a lot of Mass Effect, the story hooked me from the start. It has a very interesting lore too and so many great girls, I liked them all. Ana is my favorite, love the connection she and the MC have.

I probably messed up in the free roam part, missed some events, will try again following the walkthrough, that was the only bad part for me.

Nice work so far, this was a hidden gem for me, the game is good. Can't wait to see more of the story!
It'll be even better once I finish with the revamp. I'm closing open world. I have ideas.

No secret that I'm planning to add a "Fast Start Feature" because it's gonna once again trash the save games.
(Fast Start feature will provide anyone a start on any chapter with almost any events done that can be achieved). I'm postponing the next release until it's done. Most of it isn't hard. I just have to put events in chronological order.
Players only benefit from this - so do I.

chronos991

Oct 3, 2019
Came into this game with low expectations mainly because of how small the game size was, really impressed by how much content the game actually had, and the story is far more interesting then I could've hoped, great work Dev, looking forward to where you take us from here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Came into this game with low expectations mainly because of how small the game size was, really impressed by how much content the game actually had, and the story is far more interesting then I could've hoped, great work Dev, looking forward to where you take us from here.
Little bit of reading on OP tells you it's compressed (there is also uncompressed archive for max quality).

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Updated OP with Closed World Beta Patch. Read Changelog for further details.

New Game required you can have a chapter select in Fast Start button to kick start your game.

Originally, I didn't want to post Closed World Patch at all - because of the new update's great development - but I got so triggered that I'm not chill after 24 hours. (Yes, game related). The more I work on the game to more triggered I get - and having a history of epileptic seizures - might not be the best idea.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Ok, so as a setting I really like it, as well as the choice that what the protagonist is, I choose futa (though I would like balls so it looks natural), but there are a lot of bugs. For example, the game would mention decisions that i didnt not choose. Though admitadly I played this game a few patches back and maybe the situation improved.

Now its on hold, I do hope it gets continued though.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Ok, so as a setting I really like it, as well as the choice that what the protagonist is, I choose futa (though I would like balls so it looks natural), but there are a lot of bugs. For example, the game would mention decisions that i didnt not choose. Though admitadly I played this game a few patches back and maybe the situation improved.
There are a lot of questions arises with this. Like: did you apply close world patch and not start a new game? It breaks the game. If not I'm curious about the details in PM, Discord or here - even with save gave provided - so I can look if there is a continuity/logical problem so I could fix those. Earlier content was not touched. Or was this an earlier patch? Seems odd to make a mistake like that but it can occur. Especially how broken sandbox-open world was when it came to conditionals.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
It was an earlier patch, around 0.50 I think. Like I would follow the written walkthrought, and it wasnt giving the results that were written in it.

I wanted to download and play through it again. Does the Erotic career still work with the newest version? Can I use both Erotic career and joker's walkthrough mod?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
It was an earlier patch, around 0.50 I think. Like I would follow the written walkthrought, and it wasnt giving the results that were written in it.

I wanted to download and play through it again. Does the Erotic career still work with the newest version? Can I use both Erotic career and joker's walkthrough mod?
.50 had some changes but I'm unsure what on top of my head. I wrote the guide so it's weird. It's deprecated though. I don't know what caused the issue. If you have a particular example in spoiler tag I might have.

Erotic Career was deleted from the download list. It would work if you don't use closed world patch. Joker's mod would also work without the patch. But I'd recommend the patch even though it's not compatible with the mod. Objectives might be more clearer and events are chronological. It even has a Chapter Select so you don't have replay the game from the start. That is if you don't want.

Reactions: RhapsodicHotShot

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
What are 'Closed world patch' and 'Erotic Career'? Do I install both?
Closed World Patch is optional. Erotic Career is not compatible anymore (let's say that). I made a poor job deleting it from the post. I fixed it. Both of them are and will be optional.

Read the OP for more info. Basically: Closed World Patch gets rid of sandbox elements in game. But it's incompatible with the walkthrough mod what JokerLeader made. It will be the baseline moving forward. This patch only has it as an option.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes