VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Came into this game with low expectations mainly because of how small the game size was, really impressed by how much content the game actually had, and the story is far more interesting then I could've hoped, great work Dev, looking forward to where you take us from here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Little bit of reading on OP tells you it's compressed (there is also uncompressed archive for max quality).

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Updated OP with Closed World Beta Patch. Read Changelog for further details.

New Game required you can have a chapter select in Fast Start button to kick start your game.

Originally, I didn't want to post Closed World Patch at all - because of the new update's great development - but I got so triggered that I'm not chill after 24 hours. (Yes, game related). The more I work on the game to more triggered I get - and having a history of epileptic seizures - might not be the best idea.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Ok, so as a setting I really like it, as well as the choice that what the protagonist is, I choose futa (though I would like balls so it looks natural), but there are a lot of bugs. For example, the game would mention decisions that i didnt not choose. Though admitadly I played this game a few patches back and maybe the situation improved.

Now its on hold, I do hope it gets continued though.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Ok, so as a setting I really like it, as well as the choice that what the protagonist is, I choose futa (though I would like balls so it looks natural), but there are a lot of bugs. For example, the game would mention decisions that i didnt not choose. Though admitadly I played this game a few patches back and maybe the situation improved.
There are a lot of questions arises with this. Like: did you apply close world patch and not start a new game? It breaks the game. If not I'm curious about the details in PM, Discord or here - even with save gave provided - so I can look if there is a continuity/logical problem so I could fix those. Earlier content was not touched. Or was this an earlier patch? Seems odd to make a mistake like that but it can occur. Especially how broken sandbox-open world was when it came to conditionals.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
It was an earlier patch, around 0.50 I think. Like I would follow the written walkthrought, and it wasnt giving the results that were written in it.

I wanted to download and play through it again. Does the Erotic career still work with the newest version? Can I use both Erotic career and joker's walkthrough mod?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
It was an earlier patch, around 0.50 I think. Like I would follow the written walkthrought, and it wasnt giving the results that were written in it.

I wanted to download and play through it again. Does the Erotic career still work with the newest version? Can I use both Erotic career and joker's walkthrough mod?
.50 had some changes but I'm unsure what on top of my head. I wrote the guide so it's weird. It's deprecated though. I don't know what caused the issue. If you have a particular example in spoiler tag I might have.

Erotic Career was deleted from the download list. It would work if you don't use closed world patch. Joker's mod would also work without the patch. But I'd recommend the patch even though it's not compatible with the mod. Objectives might be more clearer and events are chronological. It even has a Chapter Select so you don't have replay the game from the start. That is if you don't want.

Reactions: RhapsodicHotShot

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
What are 'Closed world patch' and 'Erotic Career'? Do I install both?
Closed World Patch is optional. Erotic Career is not compatible anymore (let's say that). I made a poor job deleting it from the post. I fixed it. Both of them are and will be optional.

Read the OP for more info. Basically: Closed World Patch gets rid of sandbox elements in game. But it's incompatible with the walkthrough mod what JokerLeader made. It will be the baseline moving forward. This patch only has it as an option.

GrabberWalkie

Jul 9, 2020
Closed World Patch is optional. Erotic Career is not compatible anymore (let's say that). I made a poor job deleting it from the post. I fixed it. Both of them are and will be optional.

Read the OP for more info. Basically: Closed World Patch gets rid of sandbox elements in game. But it's incompatible with the walkthrough mod what JokerLeader made. It will be the baseline moving forward. This patch only has it as an option.
Thanks!

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
Really enjoyed the story. Thank you for your work TearStar!

I would suggest putting some marks where the content ends. I played twice till no events available, but still had the full questlog.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
I have posted a longer update on Discord, here is the TL; DR

1. We are at the end of Chapter 3. Previously I made two smaller and two more updates that would have made the full .70 update. This has not changed in terms of content.
2. Chapter 4 is the end and closing act of the story I had imagined for the game.
3. Chapter 4 is not as long - or complicated - as any of the previous chapters due to many factors.

Because of this I might postpone any of the newest updates even more and concentrate on writing the new scenes for Chapter 4. I have a complete chronology of events from the prologue to ending of Chapter 4 - what is not clear is the extra erotic career but that is only an extra in-between for fun so that should be no problem even if I add it as a DLC later on.

I'm currently writing these scenes. Hopefully I'm going to be done with these fast as humanly possible - keeping quality in mind - so I can get to graphics work soon.
The game was on-hold and Discord only for a while due to my inability to write in English that is presentable. However we had a second pass on the game - proofreading. But as of now I don't know how the next updates will be proofread. That said, I'm still working on the script to make the game complete before I start working on it again.

treborbc

Aug 15, 2020
I have posted a longer update on Discord, here is the TL; DR

The game was on-hold and Discord only for a while due to my inability to write in English that is presentable. However we had a second pass on the game - proofreading. But as of now I don't know how the next updates will be proofread. That said, I'm still working on the script to make the game complete before I start working on it again.
If you need help with proofreading, I am happy to help you for free as I have enough time on my hands and I know how easy it is to get English wrong...just let me know if you would like me to help.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes