VN Ren'Py Captain Lance [0.75.4-PRE-RELEASE-2] [TearStar]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Daveo316

Jan 7, 2023
Kinda like Mass Effect based especially in character creation - awesome - I like this one, more chapters please

• Love
Reactions: candywood

Menome

Jul 17, 2017
Hi there, I had Captain Lance installed a while back and played through until there was a bit of a hiatus. I had previously deleted the folder, and redownloaded the latest client. Whenever I load the .exe I get this error though:

Wed Jun 7 09:04:13 2023
Windows-10-10.0.19044
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.03s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.07s
Loading error handling took 0.07s

Full traceback:
File "E:\Downloads\Games\Other\Captain Lance\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Downloads\Games\Other\Captain Lance\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\Downloads\Games\Other\Captain Lance\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\Downloads\Games\Other\Captain Lance\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "E:\Downloads\Games\Other\Captain Lance\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "E:\Downloads\Games\Other\Captain Lance\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id player_class_8190c625 appeared twice, at game/chapter01/chapter_01_class.rpy:19 and game/core/rpg/player_class.rpy:19.

While running game code:
Exception: Line with id player_class_8190c625 appeared twice, at game/chapter01/chapter_01_class.rpy:19 and game/core/rpg/player_class.rpy:19.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Hi there, I had Captain Lance installed a while back and played through until there was a bit of a hiatus. I had previously deleted the folder, and redownloaded the latest client. Whenever I load the .exe I get this error though:
And you say this error is on the latest build huh... Let me check it.

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Mega Link works. As I can see it points to the latest build which is NOT pre-release-2 but 3. Not a problem by me but that has the above issue fixed. I can play it it without issue. If you had deleted the folder my guess is:
1)double check? duplicate files maybe (that error says that)
2) try mega-link and use that? maybe it was not properly extracted?

Menome

Jul 17, 2017
Mega Link works. As I can see it points to the latest build which is NOT pre-release-2 but 3. Not a problem by me but that has the above issue fixed. I can play it it without issue. If you had deleted the folder my guess is:
1)double check? duplicate files maybe (that error says that)
2) try mega-link and use that? maybe it was not properly extracted?
Sorry for the late reply, been a busy week! Can confirm that redownloading from the Mega link (and also installing to a different folder just in case) has solved the issue. I must have had the Pre-Release 2 version and not realised.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
wait so Ana is the futa and any romance with her leads to futa content? assuming you did not pick to be futa yourself

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
Didn't play it in a while, hopefully you can play as lesbian only without any futa at all. So the MC and Ana as female.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
Didn't play it in a while, hopefully you can play as lesbian only without any futa at all. So the MC and Ana as female.
well the dev just said that if you pick the Mc to be normal female Ana becomes futa...or you mean an option to have both the MC AND Ana to be normal females?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
well...time to restart my game....
if you can enable console commands it's like one command `lance_gender = 0`, no need for actual restart.

There is lesbian only path. Only lesbian EXCEPT Ana. You can't do Ana.

Reactions: Lillen B.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
if you can enable console commands it's like one command `lance_gender = 0`, no need for actual restart.

There is lesbian only path. Only lesbian EXCEPT Ana. You can't do Ana.
no i mean i picked female sarah but i guess i already started a romance with ana? cuz i got the scene where she was my wife and there was funta sex...unless that scene is unavoidable?

TearStar

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
no i mean i picked female sarah but i guess i already started a romance with ana? cuz i got the scene where she was my wife and there was funta sex...unless that scene is unavoidable?
unavoidable yes. the context does change depending on your gender though.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes