Gusweq

Feb 10, 2024
Yeah, that sure sucks... ACHOO!
Mega
Whooh. Sorry, Don't know what came over me.
...Keep in mind that, since every mod replaces the same file, it isn't possible to mix-and-match without decompiling them and combining them together into one.
They also probably were designed to work with 1.0.5B, and not the Dev build, so you'd need to port them over in the same manner if you want that to work.

I'm probably a bit stupid, but I don't understand one bit how to shove these mods in order for them to work

WaterMan3000

Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for posting. It seems to be a much more fleshed out spiritual successor to Captivity than Heatwave. Strange it hasn't been posted yet.

Edit: I made a true easy mode mod for this (XXXDisaster) game, because fuck it. Just select "idleness" as your difficulty and tear through enemies.

The dev updated the game due to Itch.io stuff, and renamed it. It's now called Aishteriyo by Blxst r o s e. They now make you edit a debug file to show NSFW stuff too, so the mod you made doesn't work anymore. Crashes the game.

Cinders

Jun 11, 2018
The dev updated the game due to Itch.io stuff, and renamed it. It's now called Aishteriyo by Blxst r o s e. They now make you edit a debug file to show NSFW stuff too, so the mod you made doesn't work anymore. Crashes the game.
What's the debug file you have to edit?

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Ok. Feel free to fix it. I won't be touching it again.

Mork_kai

Mar 24, 2022
Anyone know where the variables currencies for xxxdisaster are stored? Grinded my ass off to complete a bunch of the challenges, then the game crashed and none of it saved. I'm not doing that shit again lmao

Just want to edit a ludicrously large value for them or better yet, have all the clothing unlocked already

theblacklizard

Jan 24, 2024
Open notepad, write "optimus" in it, save is as "debug.txt" and drop it in the debug folder of the game's directory.
Got it working. I was creating the file directly into the debug folder, rather than creating it elsewhere, then moving it there once everything was set up. I was doing it right, just got the order of operations wrong.
Thanks!

DigitalMan

Jul 26, 2018
Is that Aishiteru yo game really made by the same guy? I mean, it's fine enough, but it gets some of the real basic stuff just completely wrong, stuff that made Captivity great. I mean, no dodge roll? I keep getting knocked down like it's nothing, and it's just annoying. The ammo counter not being right by the gun is also a bit of an oddity, that was helpful. The shotgun doesn't automatically reload, you have to manually reload each shot. Maybe those are complex, code wise, I can imagine that. Well, at least for the dodge roll and ammo counter things, the shotgun reload being manual just seems like an oversight. Or, even worse, the dev decided to change those things, which would make the omission of the dodge roll purposeful, which just sucks. There's so many snake projectiles I could've just rolled through... Overall, though, it's not bad. The name needs some work, but I imagine it's just a working title or so.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Is that Aishiteru yo game really made by the same guy? I mean, it's fine enough, but it gets some of the real basic stuff just completely wrong, stuff that made Captivity great. I mean, no dodge roll? I keep getting knocked down like it's nothing, and it's just annoying. The ammo counter not being right by the gun is also a bit of an oddity, that was helpful. The shotgun doesn't automatically reload, you have to manually reload each shot. Maybe those are complex, code wise, I can imagine that. Well, at least for the dodge roll and ammo counter things, the shotgun reload being manual just seems like an oversight. Or, even worse, the dev decided to change those things, which would make the omission of the dodge roll purposeful, which just sucks. There's so many snake projectiles I could've just rolled through... Overall, though, it's not bad. The name needs some work, but I imagine it's just a working title or so.
The dev already mentioned on itch that dodge will be added eventually. Don't judge the very early work in progress project too harshly.

Mork_kai

Mar 24, 2022
Aight so

A) Dodge roll is planned, it's just not implemented yet.

B) The ammo counter thing is fair, I'm sure the dev plans to have that be customisable/moveable at some point - you can always message him about it; his contacts are in the top left when you boot the game

C) Honestly, this is my opinion but I like the manually reloading shotgun as it balances out an otherwise really powerful weapon. For 1200, you basically get to delete any enemy from the game with ease at the cost of speed, a bit like the sniper (Which costs nearly triple the shotgun). This is balanced with the fact that if you shoot a lot, you'll have to take a lot of downtime to recover.
Basically, I think the manual reloading is an intentional choice for balancing the weapon.

D) The trapper projectiles can be consistently dodged anyway if you just time a jump correctly when they attack.

Overall, don't be so harsh on a project which has literally just come out. It's fine to voice your opinions but do so in a constructive manner.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I wouldn't mind the lack of dodgeroll so much if moving around in general felt good. Walking takes forever but with the current camera zoom you don't want to run to much or risk crashing into an enemy. Until recently climbing was a separate button and even now the animation takes a full second. The crouch button is still the Unity default of crtl and the animation takes a full second in each direction. Not every shooter protagonist needs to be a Navy Seal that moonlights as a gymnist but at least make them more agile than my 70 yo grandmother.

SAM s-300

Aug 4, 2017
What Itch.io done now so you have to make a edit to see NSFW?

Mork_kai

Mar 24, 2022
I wouldn't mind the lack of dodgeroll so much if moving around in general felt good. Walking takes forever but with the current camera zoom you don't want to run to much or risk crashing into an enemy. Until recently climbing was a separate button and even now the animation takes a full second. The crouch button is still the Unity default of crtl and the animation takes a full second in each direction. Not every shooter protagonist needs to be a Navy Seal that moonlights as a gymnist but at least make them more agile than my 70 yo grandmother.
Will be honest, the camera drives me insane too. I'm sure that the dev will find a solution but, just as I said previously with a different collection of complaints, the dev promotes his contact information - voice these opinions to him.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Will be honest, the camera drives me insane too. I'm sure that the dev will find a solution but, just as I said previously with a different collection of complaints, the dev promotes his contact information - voice these opinions to him.
I did. Over 2 weeks ago when it was still called XXXDisaster. My comments are still on the game page and they received responses. The climb button separation was resolved as well as a delay in controls in the previous builds, but it came at the cost of the native Linux branch. Just like seemingly every other unity project by beginners there's some missing UI (in this case the achievements) which means there's yet another obscure dll that I'll need to hunt down myself.

Tonyg481

Feb 1, 2024
The achievement about dash through 50 energy blasts in a single game, how the hell do I do it? I know the name says it, but I dodged them and jumped, I tried crouching to avoid them instead of dodging and I ran away from them. All more than 50 times I have wasted more than 2 hours of my time on this achievement, what the hell did I do wrong.Out of desperation I let myself be hit 50 times too. What am I supposed to do?

4.30 star(s) 78 Votes