BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I share the opinion that FER is the most well done level and I think I can say why- you're given an objective besides the usual survive and to achieve it you have to run pretty much across the whole map, sitting with your ass to the wall won't cut it. The level is open enough that if you've opened up all the paths enemies can come from any direction. Polar opposite to the shack where enemies either come from the left or right. All other levels could use an objective of some kind, giving the player an incentive to get risky and explore. Fun for all orifices.
Bring on more facefucking!

Lovius

Nov 2, 2017
Haha, wow, this game blew up quick! You've got a real good project going on here, Perveloper!

You've probably heard all this feedback already, but I'll add my own to the pile

I'll start with the game mechanics!
In my personal opinion, losing Strength from both regular attacks and sexual attacks, is a big hit, especially considering the only item that heals Strength restores a measly 20%, which you will lose *fast* unless you are quick on grapple escapes.
Orgasm never fading away naturally makes some of the sexual experiment challenges (and general survivability) a lot tougher. It means you have to constantly ration Anaphrodisiac, and you will ALWAYS need 2 anaphrodisiacs to keep your libido at 0 (as most sexual attacks will raise your libido upwards to 35 and more). While I understand the theme in the game is to fail and try again, it's still frustrating.
Either the costs for everything is too high, or you gain cash too slow. Blowing out money on opening doors and nothing else, hoping you'll survive is a bit of a risky proposition on the maps that have doors.
Gun inaccuracy on the starting pistol is far, FAR too harsh. I understand that a starting gun isn't supposed to be all that impressive, and not meant to carry you through, but I thought the formula would be something like "low damage, high accuracy" instead of "mediocre damage, horrid accuracy".
The down-time between waves is *far* too low on some maps. F.E.R for example, puts the drug dispenser and gun shop at the absolute opposite ends of the maps, which you cannot even HOPE to reach in 30 seconds. To make a conscious decision on whether you value ammo more than you value medicine, in a tough survival game like this, is rather sadistic, IMO.

Onto the maps:
Shack - Is probably the baseline you should have designed the other maps around. While variety is certainly good, and maps posing different challenges to test the player with are needed, I feel like Shack is perhaps the best "all-around" map template.
You get a single starting area that has a drug dispenser on, with 2 wall guns, a ledge, and a long flat area to fight in. I managed to reach Wave 13 with the starting pistol and Muger alone, by careful panic rationing and ledge play. You only unlock new enemies when you open the one door you have, but you also unlock the gun shop, and what's more, they're both within 30 seconds distance time! This sets the perfect time frame to go restock on everything and set yourself properly for the next wave (And the ledges also automatically deters the dog type enemy!)

Jungle - Right proper bastard. Long, LONG map, the shops are too far away from one another, the Goblin Trappers set down traps indiscriminately, reaching a point where the majority of the floor is just covered in traps that you need to take time and dismantle. You won't have this time mid-wave, and your down-time is already too precious due to the distance between shops... What's more, with no doors, you have to think carefully, because by wave 5-10, you will already be fighting the other enemy types (Orcs and the tiny goblin bastards that throw themselves at you).

Cave - I think a lot of people moaned about the maggots, and that's with good reason. You will always risk being grappled instantly when trying to get a bead on them. And this stage is so, so conditional. You want guns and drugs? Turn on the generator. When you turn on the generator: Muscas start spawning too. And by then, the Face Flies are tough enough to survive TWO shots from your pistol. This. Is. Sadistic. Either you confine yourself to the two poorly lit areas and keep farming money, hoping you can ungrapple from the increasingly large waves of enemies (and maggots), or you spend the money you farmed from the first 3 waves to have good visibility and the option to actually put some distance between yourself and your enemies - but you spawn the Muscas which have a giant lunge attack. Not to mention - The Musca has a fairly good chance of softlocking the game. Either it gets stuck halfway to flying where it wants to, or it's stuck in place when it gets to where it wants to, and doesn't release the player from their (awfully sexy) posture.

Space Station - Long, low-ceiling corridors. In a map full of fast, lunging enemies. Oh man, you are going to need a better gun and QUICK. The dim lighting is so terrible, you will need to stick to risky parts of the map if you want good visibility, or you can just forgo that and fire blindly into the dark areas, hoping to hit something. Strangely enough, this is the only map I don't have an issue with. The face humper might be annoying, and finding out how to remove it is a little mystifying, but I can handle this map too.

F.E.R - Oh lord. The beginning of the ruination. Large, sprawling map. Like I stated before, the gun shop and the drug dispensers are SO far apart. This stage has the most verticality, you'll spending half your time climbing up ledges and hoping nobody spawns from above, because you can still get smacked while climbing (a feature I find a little too punishing, to be frank, even if its just chip damage). The Jennys are fairly tough for starter enemies, but the Sunnys can go down relatively quickly, assuming you are a crackshot and can track heads as they dip. The tallness of the enemies presents a entire challenge all on its own... The fact you MUST spawn Abbys in order to get the gun shop is also quite sadistic.

There is certainly room for improvement, and these are my ideas:

Shack - Stays as is. In my opinion, it is a perfect balance of everything.
Jungle - Either give the traps expiration times, or reduce the Trapper's frequency of putting down traps. If possible, shorten the map or at least alter the location of the drug dispenser/gun shop.
Cave - Light. LIGHT. LIIIIIIGHT. GIVE US LIGHT. Reduce the generator cost, and make the Musca spawn after wave 5 or something, because having the Musca spawn as soon as you pop open the generator is so so horrid...
Space Station - Honestly, just better lighting.
F.E.R - Make all the enemies collectively a tad bit shorter so you aren't automatically fucked (heh) when you have your back to a wall. As with Jungle and Cave, reduce gun shop/drug dispenser distances.

And these are my non-map related improvements, I'd like to see added if possible!

Mini-maps! Everyone loves those. With active enemy location tracking! With some exception for "stealthy" enemies (i.e face humpers, Jackys).
Non-mission related upgrades! Things like improved starter gun damage/ammo/accuracy, dodge roll distance/recharge rate, all that funky miniscule bonuses that's all the rage in these sort of "fail-raped-repeat" games.
More content! But that goes without saying ;)

Thank you for the fun game!
Agreed with Cave and station but Jungle and F.E.R. seems good for me. To clear it need a bit of luck but this lvls not that hard.

Jungle - You can run from drug shop to weapon after wave start. Enemys wont start immediately spawn so u have time to run to ur spot. Mb more tree spots?

F.E.R. - Need a bit of running experience. For me I can run from drug to gun and have at least 6 sec left(all drug needed for round being bought) to buy ammo. And from weapon to drug run takes me all prep time(1 sec and i can buy drug). So i think that add some hard time for this lvl. Seems to me dont need any changes.

IMNOVIRGIN

Jan 24, 2018
A few questions for Perveloper

Any chance of their being more levels/ more enemies in the future?

Will there be a gallery added?

Any plans to create any more games?

Would you liked to be drowned by my money or beaten to death with the gold bars I will be sending your way?

JabFZone

Dec 13, 2017
Great game AND the Dev is here, and listening to criticism.
Game bought, looking forward to whatever you do next. Also, was not expecting it to be a 1.05, but still.

Reactions: kamapalutza

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
- Changed way of saving files: Changed it so save files are stored in a permanent place. Copy and pasting save files are no longer necessary
So what to do now if I want the new version to have my old save?

Perveloper

Nov 20, 2020
So what to do now if I want the new version to have my old save?
When downloading the new version it will show the steps. But in case you've pirated the game:

Unpack the zip file. Run Captivity.exe to play the game.

IMPORTANT:
If you have played the game already on version 1.0.4 or older and you want to keep your save file after updating to version 1.0.5, copy this file in your old version:
Captivity_Data\StreamingAssets\xGameDB.db

And place that file in (replace if there already is a save file present):
C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Perveloper\Captivity

If the Perveloper\Captivity folders don't exist, please run the game once to automatically create the folders. This will also generate a blank save file, just replace this one with your own save file and you're good to go.

You only have to do this once when updating from v1.0.4 or older to a version higher than v1.0.4.

I'm not going to copy paste stuff anymore just so pirates can be helped, it's annoying and double work (no offense, I pirate sometimes too)

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Okay can anyone get v1.0.5 in this thread and what is the cheat for this game for invisibility,unlimited money and unlock every item.
Don't think there are any built-in cheats. So you'll need to use cheat engine. Check posts #389 #443 #465 for help if you need it. You can't get invisibility though, only invincibility.
As for unlocking every item there was a save somewhere in this thread otherwise you'll probably need to do some save-editing on your own and I can't help you with that.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019
Thsanks for the guide! Could you please possibly elreaborate how to convert numbers from and back into HEX for these mathematical operations?
Presuming you have a Windows 10 OS, you can open up the Calculator App and switch it to Programmer Calculator using the Three Horizontal Bars on the left side. If you want to see what a decimal number looks like in Hexadecimal, make sure DEC is selected on the left side of the output window then type in your decimal number. If you want to get the decimal value of a Hex number, just click on HEX, type it in, and it'll automatically convert over in the DEC area.

If you don't have access to something like that, you can use your hands to count in Hex still, you just have to remember if you're starting from 1 in decimal you have to start counting from Zero in Hex. It basically goes like this:

(DEC = HEX)
1 = 0; 2 = 1; 3 = 2; 4 = 3; 5 =4; 6 = 5; 7 = 6; 8 = 7;
9 = 8; 10 = 9; 11 = A; 12 = B; 13 = C; 14 = D; 15 = E; 16 = F;
17 = 10; 18 = 11; 19 = 12; 20 = 13; 21 = 14; 22 = 15; 23 = 16; 24 = 17;
25 = 18; 26 = 19; 27 = 1A; 28 = 1B; 29 = 1C; 30 = 1D; 31 = 1E; 32 = 1F; . . .
. . .

The way I do it by hand, I count up or down in Hex out loud, and use both my hands and mind to keep track of the count in decimal.

Also remember when it comes to looking at a Hex number, it's easier to figure the number out starting from the right. Just like in decimal the right-most digit to the left of the decimal point is the 1's, followed by the 10's, 100's, 1000's, etc, you can view Hex in a similar way. The far right digit in a Hex number can be, at most, 15. Because when it hits 16, just like 9 becoming 0 in decimal, in Hex F becomes 0 in the next increment. Imagine any length of Hex number, and make every value F; The far right digit becomes the 16's place, the next one over is the 256's place, the third is the 4096's place, etc. (Basically, you're taking the max value of the place you're currently at and multiplying by 16, that gives you the max number of the place to the left of your current place)

Reactions: TheNextOne

kamapalutza

Aug 19, 2017
Won't wait for a Steam release on this one. My first itch io purchase and definitely worth it imo. Release it on steam and i'll buy it a second time. A third time if coop happens (possible not but still one can only hope).

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
(DEC = HEX)
1 = 0; 2 = 1; 3 = 2; 4 = 3; 5 =4; 6 = 5; 7 = 6; 8 = 7;
9 = 8; 10 = 9; 11 = A; 12 = B; 13 = C; 14 = D; 15 = E; 16 = F;
17 = 10; 18 = 11; 19 = 12; 20 = 13; 21 = 14; 22 = 15; 23 = 16; 24 = 17;
25 = 18; 26 = 19; 27 = 1A; 28 = 1B; 29 = 1C; 30 = 1D; 31 = 1E; 32 = 1F; . . .
I prefer these :p

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes