Drac0nis

Jan 13, 2018
Dunno if this has been mentioned before but I've been wanting to play this game ever since it was first released but I have never been able to get the game to run. Idk if its something with Unity, my computer, etc but whenever I launch the game it goes to the main menu but thats it. If I hit options, the menu never shows up, just stays with the background scrolling. If I hit "Play", the "Loading..." prompt shows up but just stays there forever. I've tried launching the game from different places on the computer, extracting it with different regions, using different extractors and NOTHING works.

I havent mentioned anything because the game was still in progress and I thought it would be fixed but it doesn't seem like anyone else is having an issue lol. I've heard how amazing the game is from everyone but I still haven't been able to give it a shot x.x

Thanks in advance

Mailer Daemon

Oct 8, 2017
I was crashing ~90% of the time on start, turns out the radeon overlay was crashing it. After turning it off, I haven't crashed once on startup, though I still crash out if I get poison overdose on the jungle.

Feb 22, 2019
I can say for sure the Samus one is bugged. Tried 50 unique sqoids and didn't unlock after trying for 3 hours total. I went up to wave 35 with having dodged at least one blast from Every Single sqoid until then. Even with Cheat Engine, I could find a value that was somewhat similar to what I had been counting when dodging, but absolutely no result with editing it.

talovehm2408

Aug 24, 2020
Is the save file replaceable ? i tried several times and it still not working , maybe because the different of version . If it possible, can i ask for save file ?

Last edited:

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Is the save file replaceable ? i tried several times and it still not working , maybe because the different of version . If it possible, can i ask for save file ?
Ever since .5, the save data was moved from the main folder to C:\Users\REPLACETHISWITHYOURPC'NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Perveloper\Captivity
The following should be my save file... I think, which is all achievements save losing a bunch of times because that's not fun.

talovehm2408

Aug 24, 2020
While playing the game , i encountered a bug which the character start being frozen in place but she still can move ,shot and interact with shop ,items and can finish waves like normal but the enemies stop attack me , they just run to me and keep distance lol . Have anyone encountered this situation yet , whether this bug can be replicable or it just simply a random bug ?

Reactions: bookreport

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
That sounds like a bug with the preg system introduced in the dev build, which is why it's the dev build...it's really buggy.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
That sounds like a bug with the preg system introduced in the dev build, which is why it's the dev build...it's really buggy.
Negative. It's a bug caused by birthing two kinds at once.
I think rolling broke you out of the state.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
While playing the game , i encountered a bug which the character start being frozen in place but she still can move ,shot and interact with shop ,items and can finish waves like normal but the enemies stop attack me , they just run to me and keep distance lol . Have anyone encountered this situation yet , whether this bug can be replicable or it just simply a random bug ?
Rolling breaks it, it's a known bug and has been known for quite some time... dev is busy with life right now to tweak these things.

project 4

Sep 10, 2018
glad im not the only one who encountered this bug. should exploit it to get high rounds. game gets boring after a while....

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
only on F95 can i find fellow degenerates complaining about people not giving them the sauce for more degeneracy. This truly brings a happy tear to my eye. I might just cry.
Honestly I think it's fair to say that there is quite a difference between pirating something and making money off of it. Just because I don't have enough money to subscribe to 50 different patreons doesn't mean I would stoop as low as profiting off someone else's work.

47Haven

Jan 30, 2018
I do wish for a free/experiment mode though, where you're pitted with only one of the enemy so that you can see their animation and all. Trying to get to Jacky seems to be quite the hassle when you're playing one-handed.

Reactions: RedMuffin
Feb 7, 2018
I do wish for a free/experiment mode though, where you're pitted with only one of the enemy so that you can see their animation and all. Trying to get to Jacky seems to be quite the hassle when you're playing one-handed.
Jacky is easy honestly. The fnaf map is so easy compared to the jungle.

Perveloper

Nov 20, 2020
This game might be on hold (or even be "finished" ) for now. It honestly hurts my heart a little bit to see people being sad that no new stuff has been released for a while.

There are multiple reasons as to why development has been so slow and non existent. One of them is not having any time due to school. But there are actually other reasons aswell.

One day after I graduate from school I'm gonna work professionally. I was afraid that my chances of finding a job could be hindered if people were to find out I that I'm the dev of Captivity. Or, what if people who know me very well suddenly find out I am the dev of a game in which you get raped, egged and knotted? I was afraid of the opinions of other people in regards to being an H game dev, basically. I don't want to be known as a perv in real life. I spent weeks trying to figure out what to do in regards to this, and for the last month the conclusion was to just stop working on Captivity all together.

Also, I've made many programming mistakes during the development of this game. I used Unity in all the wrong ways to try and get exactly what I wanted for this game. The result is a monstrosity, a true abomination of messy code and weird use of the Unity engine. The messed up composition of creepy unintelligible code and downright disturbing use of the game engine defies all laws of physics and defies even the most basic forms of logical thinking possessed by the human mind. But it works. But unfortunately developing this game further can be rough because of those poor choices I made in the past.
I don't feel bad about it though. This was a learning project for me anyways and I've learned alot.

Couple these two major issues and the fact that school is sapping me dry of energy alot of the time, and you get a lack of motivation, an increase of laziness and slight depression whenever you even think about working on Captivity.

But things might change. I have talked to multiple people about some of these issues. I got a new perspective on the whole 'opinions of other people' thing. I think I can keep developing h-games without worrying too much about my public image irl.

Alot of the code sucks and it will remain so. This is almost a permanent issue for this game, a disease. I'm starting to think about working on something new. 3D sounds interesting.

School is not going anywhere. I just gotta plan my time well and take advantage of free time when I get it.

There is a good chance this game is finished, but the dev is not finished yet. I don't know what I'm going to do now, but I'll let the community of this game know when I do.

Again, thank you for playing and enjoying the game. If you actually bought the game on Itch, I thank you even more. You probably don't even know how much this little bit of money I made with this game has helped me. Thank you so much.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes