AnRet

Oct 27, 2023
What "Value Type" did you choose?
Try searching for all types, at the end you'll have only 3 values. They are 2, 4 and 8 bytes (you can see their type after adding to addresslist) and I recommend to keep only 4 bytes value and change only it to avoid game crashing

Uncommonnickel

Feb 20, 2020
I'll be honest I knew that steamdb was a thing but never actually been on it/needed it so I didn't know it actually gives a really good overview of a games history (on steam) without hunting around too much. so thanks FappyJake inadvertently showing me that.

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
I'll be honest I knew that steamdb was a thing but never actually been on it/needed it so I didn't know it actually gives a really good overview of a games history (on steam) without hunting around too much. so thanks FappyJake inadvertently showing me that.
Kinda funny is it not? On a site like this and finding something that is really cool.

Reactions: Uncommonnickel

Uncommonnickel

Feb 20, 2020
Apologies if I sound ignorant but this is more of a "am I reading this right" type question.
A couple of pages back there was a mention of opt in for the beta branch which is from what I understand is the UE5 version of the game. Is this saying that there was a update at midnight? for reference the link I'm using to find this page is two post above and is from FappyJake @3:56 am on the 5/20. Question.PNG
Edit: spelling.

Last edited:

FappyJake

Jan 23, 2022
Apologies if I sound ignorant but this is more of a "am I reading this right" type question.
A couple of pages back there was a mention of opt in for the beta branch which is from what I understand is the UE5 version of the game. Is this saying that there was a update at midnight? for reference the link I'm using to find this page is two post above and is from FappyJake @3:56 am on the 5/20. View attachment 3656142
Edit: spelling.
No, the Beta branch is their internal testing, UE5_beta is the public branch.
1716279119179.png

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

The next Major Content Update will be coming out June 1st!

Hey Everyone!

It's been too long, no really, this wasn't supposed to be this long. The next Steam Major Content Update will be dropping June 1st. Along with the update we'll be doing a big blog post with everything we added, updated and fixed, but here's the highlights in a mini-dev blog while we iron out the last of the bugs. Other than the Initial Unreal Engine 5 build, this was easily our biggest update we've done, with new systems, mapping, quests, NPCs.

New Systems
  • Slavery
  • Magic
  • Fishing
  • Shade Sight
  • World Events

New Faction - The Gilded Fold
Coming along with a huge new map expansion, slavery mechanics and 3 faction quests, the Gilded Fold are now in Sabu.
Players will get their first look at the walled-gardens of these flesh-traders, hinting at the questline to come. Initially you'll be able to sell slaves to the Gilded Fold, eventually gaining enough reputation to make use of their cages and chains to obtain slaves of your own.

The initial slavery tutorial quest will be part of the update, with the rest of the chain arriving after DSS 2.0 (for reasons that are fairly easy to imagine).

New Side Quests
  • No Rest for the Wicked(Revamped)
  • Depths of Kab'Alrah

New POIs
  • Hermitess Inquisitor.
  • An aging warrior that seeks a fitting end.
  • Ikkemi Villa - a Side Quest Coming there Soon

New Sex Scenes
Three very frustrated centaurs have become stranded on south Medhen Island and I can confirm that you can have Intimate Relations with all three Centaurs as any Form (Minus Formless).

All this and more! Full details will be listed in the Update Blog next Saturday!

Thanks for your support!

Team Carnal Instinct

So there we have it. The much-delayed Steam update comes out in about a week, and we get a bigger post in a few days. Once the update is out, just make an update request over on the Game Requests subforum to get this page updated.

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Did they mention finally unlocking the camera during sex scenes for that update, or it still crappy preset bad angles?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Did they mention finally unlocking the camera during sex scenes for that update, or it still crappy preset bad angles?
That is something they've mentioned as a feature for DSS 2.0. It does not appear that this update includes that, or they'd be making a much bigger deal about it. TBH I would be surprised if Steam got the new Dynamic Sex System before Patreon because with how prone these devs are to critical bugs, it would be a mistake to push that out to Steam without testing.

AnRet

Oct 27, 2023

The next Major Content Update will be coming out June 1st!

Hey Everyone!

It's been too long, no really, this wasn't supposed to be this long. The next Steam Major Content Update will be dropping June 1st. Along with the update we'll be doing a big blog post with everything we added, updated and fixed, but here's the highlights in a mini-dev blog while we iron out the last of the bugs. Other than the Initial Unreal Engine 5 build, this was easily our biggest update we've done, with new systems, mapping, quests, NPCs.

New Systems
  • Slavery
  • Magic
  • Fishing
  • Shade Sight
  • World Events

New Faction - The Gilded Fold
Coming along with a huge new map expansion, slavery mechanics and 3 faction quests, the Gilded Fold are now in Sabu.
Players will get their first look at the walled-gardens of these flesh-traders, hinting at the questline to come. Initially you'll be able to sell slaves to the Gilded Fold, eventually gaining enough reputation to make use of their cages and chains to obtain slaves of your own.

The initial slavery tutorial quest will be part of the update, with the rest of the chain arriving after DSS 2.0 (for reasons that are fairly easy to imagine).

New Side Quests
  • No Rest for the Wicked(Revamped)
  • Depths of Kab'Alrah

New POIs
  • Hermitess Inquisitor.
  • An aging warrior that seeks a fitting end.
  • Ikkemi Villa - a Side Quest Coming there Soon

New Sex Scenes
Three very frustrated centaurs have become stranded on south Medhen Island and I can confirm that you can have Intimate Relations with all three Centaurs as any Form (Minus Formless).

All this and more! Full details will be listed in the Update Blog next Saturday!

Thanks for your support!

Team Carnal Instinct

So there we have it. The much-delayed Steam update comes out in about a week, and we get a bigger post in a few days. Once the update is out, just make an update request over on the Game Requests subforum to get this page updated.
Finally some information for steam users, damn, that was a long waiting...

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
Thanks for this but again I don't see it as a "Major" update. Feels like the amount of content is rather low for a 6 months wait. Sure Patreon had access to it sooner but still, the purpose of them switching to UE5 was to make content faster.

I remember the March 11 2023 Steam post :

Timeline Until "Finished" Game

So what does this mean for development timescales? Well we want to overestimate our times from here on - having had to delay one we don't ever want to be in that position again. We think that we're realistically looking at around 4-6 months of development time until we leave Pre-Alpha

, with a further 6-8 months until we leave Alpha
. This then leaves us Beta

and final release content, so in total we think that the Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Beta to final release will run for approximately 18-24 months from today. After that time the game will continue to receive some content expansions however we'll consider it a complete game, with the expansions representing the equivalent of DLC but not "core" content.

We're still in UE5 pre pre-alpha, main game on Steam is still the UE4 version, EA description hasn't been updated (false advertisement) and now it feels like we're only getting 2 Steam builds per year (if even) instead of the 4 advertised.
I don't want to shit on the devs or the game, I'm sorry but it's starting to feel like they're just taking their sweet time to cash in the money bags.

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
We're still in UE5 pre pre-alpha, main game on Steam is still the UE4 version, EA description hasn't been updated (false advertisement) and now it feels like we're only getting 2 Steam builds per year (if even) instead of the 4 advertised.
I don't want to shit on the devs or the game, I'm sorry but it's starting to feel like they're just taking their sweet time to cash in the money bags.
It feels inadequate for a. the amount of time and b. for the income they (likely) get. What's bizarre is how one of the team members was off because of health reasons and that for some reason killed development for 3 months. Speaking from the point of view as a full time developer, that just doesn't happen (even in a small team), it causes delays and backup but that can usually be filled by someone else. That's also disregarding if the person talking in the post is a dev or managing the project, in which case the dev's/artists can easily work without management.

This makes me wonder if Carnal Instinct's team is either extremely small like 2-3 people (in which case, wtf are they doing with the money, hire more peeps) or the team/management is just incompetent, and don't get me wrong it's hard to make video games because of the complexity and the variety of roles, which is why solo dev is so hard as you have to fill the roles of the game designer, programmer, artist, rigger, animator, level designer, writer, etc.. but with the predicted income they get you could easily fund a team of 10+ people.

TLDR; I don't understand how development was halted for months because one team member was sick.

4.00 star(s) 83 Votes