Element 343

Aug 8, 2023
Anybody know if this game was sort of inspired by Assasin's Creed: Odyssey? Once I started playing I immediately got that sort of feel that it's really really similar.

Ankh Uchiha

Jul 23, 2018
What i have found (I think these are the values that store them, changing them does not change it ingame):
Essence_32_C910CFCC48860D279FF282A576114FEA Integer (4Byte)
OwnerGold_22_A19CD76049FA550F254F558C1DB688E0 Double
AbilityPoints_15_AC921C274E05A6F47970FE9BA05B158C Integer (4Byte)

I am providing my save file with these modifications. Essence, gold and Ability Points are 999999. I may start a new save file with just these modifications. This save is for UE5 version.

EDIT: Realised i need to include the metasave.sav file for saves to work.
Save Location: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Carnal_Instinct_UE5\Saved\SaveGames
so what did you use to edit ability points & gold? and make it work.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
And now we wait for a hero
No we don't. Not unless someone wants to sacrifice their Patreon account just to share this one update of this one game. Due to the protections the game has, without doing that the best we'll get is a several gig download that locks us out on the title screen because it doesn't see the Patreon metadata that the launcher saves on your computer during the download.

Which is why this thread typically updates only when new Steam versions come out, because cracking those is trivial enough for them to be considered totally unprotected.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
PleasureIsland.png

It's been a while. More than a while. But we're finally here with the next UE5 update. Those of you who kept an eye on the Patron-exclusive #BehindTheScenes channel over on our Discord may recognise a few details.

Because it's gone 5:30am this will be a somewhat shortened post, with full patch notes to follow when we've had a good sleep.

In addition to the large dungeon for If It Bleeds, the Shipwrecked Anubites have received some TLC and it's now possible to save them - if you play your cards right. They're not the only Anubites who are given hope by this update however, and the adepts now have a much more established encampment from which to spread their message of lust.

To this end we have brought multiple DSS scenes over from the UE4 build, along with a boatload of the more basic sex animations to help flavour the environment. The Anubite encampment should finally feel a lot more like the stronghold of a lust-cult!

It's not all happy news in Saby, and there are some tragic new stories to explore in the fallen land of Heifer's Reach. These particular quests are only accessible before completing Behold (i.e. on a new game) because they're in the starting area, but should give existing players a lot more content to discover in the starting zone, setting the scene and fleshing out the world. Your actions in Heifer's Reach will have consequences in future, so choose wisely.

There are over a dozen new POI (point of interest) encounters to explore, and you'll now be able to do so as a Male Demi-Jackal and Male Demi-Draconid. Girls get a new option as well, in the form of the Temple-Bred Jackal Subtype.

There are hundreds of new art assets, large and small. From the entirely new tomb kit, to the statue of the Bovine fertility demigoddess Hatha, bringing more fidelity to the world than ever before.

In this latest push we've included a first taste of caves. Whilst we have made many more than we've released, we want to be certain there are no technical issues before we fully set you loose on them.

The next post will detail the December update and our next steps for DSS 2.0.

Right, it's late and I need a sleep. We'll post a FULL list of what we've added tomorrow (today?) or possibly over the weekend. For now just sink your teeth in and face down the Kravenrook... perhaps bedding a few Anubites along the way.

Team Carnal Instinct

As usual, this is a reminder that Patreon and SubscribeStar builds of Carnal Instinct have protections on them which require exposing a subscriber account's information in order to pass the title screen. Without finding a way to bypass the protections or sharing this information (and thus getting the account banned from Carnal Instinct's pages), all that sharing this build will do is waste people's time and bury this thread in people asking why they can't get past the title screen.

AdeptInTraining.png DenOfLust.png OphyxFarm.png PilesOfLoot.png SilentThreshold.png StatueOfHatha.png TempleBredRitual.png

FappyJake

Jan 23, 2022
No we don't. Not unless someone wants to sacrifice their Patreon account just to share this one update of this one game. Due to the protections the game has, without doing that the best we'll get is a several gig download that locks us out on the title screen because it doesn't see the Patreon metadata that the launcher saves on your computer during the download.

Which is why this thread typically updates only when new Steam versions come out, because cracking those is trivial enough for them to be considered totally unprotected.
Well I did not know that, hopefully a steam version won't be too far off then.

• Sad
Reactions: xossiplover485

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
I bought the game on steam, it's a pretty nice game and has good future potential, but the business model is kinda just shady... oh I bought the game but yeah I need to pay to Patreon $20 if I want latest update ASAP... whilst we have all waited for any resemblance of an update for 6 months. They should've just given this one out early for all people...

Can anyone who has Ascended tier even attest to how much more content is in this update, cos it doesn't sound like much other than a few more encounters and DSS scenes (which should've been in the beta)?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MrStal0ne

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I bought the game on steam, it's a pretty nice game and has good future potential, but the business model is kinda just shady... oh I bought the game but yeah I need to pay to Patreon $20 if I want latest update ASAP... whilst we have all waited for any resemblance of an update for 6 months. They should've just given this one out early for all people...
You never want the latest from this dev team. Something Steam users deal with far, far less than the subscribers is the fact that Team Carnal is terrible at debugging and playtesting, and so new Patreon builds frequently include nasty bugs (including crashes, freezes, and varying forms of save corruption) that get ironed out before Steam gets them.

As for content from this update, quick perusal of the update notice says we got the following:
  • A large dungeon and quest upgrades tide to a specific faction. This means mapping, dungeon assets, voice acting and animations.
  • Ported sex scenes from the UE4 version. This sounds like the easiest bullet point on the list, but I'm not personally familiar enough with the porting pipeline to actually know the answer to that and what I have seen from other developers seems to indicate it isn't just straightforward. There's a reason "Upgrading to UE5" gets such a negative reaction from people here, and it's tied to the fact that most devs don't seem capable of handling this one properly.
  • Multiple new quests in the starting zone. This means mapping, npcs, voice acting, animations, etc. This is probably the only one I'd personally be able to attest to how much new content there is, as the starting zone is the only portion of the game I previously did a full clear on.
  • At least twelve new encounters to find in the game world. Again, that means mapping, npcs, voice acting, and animations.
  • Three new character forms (two for male characters and one for female characters), which means texture work at the minimum and full body mesh and rigging work at the maximum. Likely somewhere between the two.
  • Apparently a large variety of new assets are in use, which means significant mapping work on top of the texturing and modeling work to design them.
And not as a bullet point, but there are several mentions of indev tasks (DSS 2.0 and additional dungeons) that didn't make the cut for this release. All of which adds up to a ton of dev time. Once they get around to adding the actual changelog (if they do so), it'll be easier to break down what's actually new.

Last edited:

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
You never want the latest from this dev team. Something Steam users deal with far, far less than the subscribers is the fact that Team Carnal is terrible at debugging and playtesting, and so new Patreon builds frequently include nasty bugs (including crashes, freezes, and varying forms of save corruption) that get ironed out before Steam gets them.

As for content from this update, quick perusal of the update notice says we got the following:
  • A large dungeon and quest upgrades tide to a specific faction. This means mapping, dungeon assets, voice acting and animations.
  • Ported sex scenes from the UE4 version. This sounds like the easiest bullet point on the list, but I'm not personally familiar enough with the porting pipeline to actually know the answer to that and what I have seen from other developers seems to indicate it isn't just straightforward. There's a reason "Upgrading to UE5" gets such a negative reaction from people here, and it's tied to the fact that most devs don't seem capable of handling this one properly.
  • Multiple new quests in the starting zone. This means mapping, npcs, voice acting, animations, etc. This is probably the only one I'd personally be able to attest to how much new content there is, as the starting zone is the only portion of the game I previously did a full clear on.
  • At least twelve new encounters to find in the game world. Again, that means mapping, npcs, voice acting, and animations.
  • Three new character forms (two for male characters and one for female characters), which means texture work at the minimum and full body mesh and rigging work at the maximum. Likely somewhere between the two.
  • Apparently a large variety of new assets are in use, which means significant mapping work on top of the texturing and modeling work to design them.
And not as a bullet point, but there are several mentions of indev tasks (DSS 2.0 and additional dungeons) that didn't make the cut for this release. All of which adds up to a ton of dev time. Once they get around to adding the actual changelog (if they do so), it'll be easier to break down what's actually new.
Seems like a lot more than I expected, were there more DSS scenes with various characters as having only a male jackal and female draconid was kinda lame?

I don't vet them for pre-emptively testing via users as sourcing playtesting for this sorta game isn't so easy, but charging people to playtest your game is kinda the inverse, which is sorta just weird...

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Seems like a lot more than I expected, were there more DSS scenes with various characters as having only a male jackal and female draconid was kinda lame?
The DSS scenes themselves don't actually need specific characters, just specific gender combinations. UE4 is limited mostly because they shoved the system in as fast as they could just to say it was there.
I don't vet them for pre-emptively testing via users as sourcing playtesting for this sorta game isn't so easy, but charging people to playtest your game is kinda the inverse, which is sorta just weird...
It's mostly a matter of semantics, but ostensibly you buy the game on Steam to buy the game, and you subscribe on Patreon to support development. Which is why they also have lower cost tiers that don't even grant access to early builds of the game. I get why they do it - developing games is expensive and very time consuming. But it does sort of invert the normal customer dynamic.

JhonnyJo

Oct 17, 2021
M/F and F/F for like 99.9999% of it.
Why does it even have the gay tag.
Fr i just simply wanted a feature where u could fuck random male npc's just as u can with random female npcs, like the dev doens't even have to try to make a new gay scene or whatever, but it seems thats not his goal at all.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Fr i just simply wanted a feature where u could fuck random male npc's just as u can with random female npcs, like the dev doens't even have to try to make a new gay scene or whatever, but it seems thats not his goal at all.
I'm not gay but including gay and lesbian stuff in a game where sex with both sexes is freely available is a smart move for a dev -- think about how little good competition there is for gay sex gaming. Now think about how many gay furries there are. Major win.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes