Sep 27, 2021
FINALLY getting around to trying the Unreal 4 version of this game. Overall, its fantastic...feels just a little short of a mainstream game.

Probably my only issue so far is that combat sorta feels like a health tax. Dodging is slow and doesn't give I-frames. Enemies attack just fast enough that simply not being in range is not consistent. And being in range results in enemies attacking 0-3 times so avoiding an attack doesn't even necessarily give you an opening...since enemies also don't stagger when hit.

Also, in both the UE4 and UE5 version I've quickly run into the bug where you are in your inventory, but the game thinks you are not in it...and if you try to just go into inventory again, you are doubley in your inventory. Its sort of a soft lock although saving and loading fixes it at least on the UE4 version.
Im currently testing the UE5 and im kinda stuck with the quest home to home im not getting any further quests i guess thats a bug aswell, i got rid of the formless body and thats it, maybe i should play UE4 aswell its definitely less buggy also the performence in UE5 is rather meh i had to enable DLSS to get 60fps.
Its kinda giving me AC:Origins vibes.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019
Is this "playing" similar to Wild Life ?
Nope. Quite opposite.
Wild Life is focused solely on sex scenes. And it is by far best in the current game world at it. It lacks any game play. It had a map in UE4, but it has only a concept of new map in UE5.
Carnal Instinct is focused on game play and it was good at it in UE4. Map is also great. But it absolutely sucks at sex scenes.

Reactions: fox95 and Unknow_XY

Xefox

Apr 11, 2020
Im currently testing the UE5 and im kinda stuck with the quest home to home im not getting any further quests i guess thats a bug aswell, i got rid of the formless body and thats it, maybe i should play UE4 aswell its definitely less buggy also the performence in UE5 is rather meh i had to enable DLSS to get 60fps.
Just try UE4 it has more content in it(y)
They are still polishing the UE5 version :)
we just need to wait:cry:

hdkk

Oct 14, 2018
Nope. Quite opposite.
Wild Life is focused solely on sex scenes. And it is by far best in the current game world at it. It lacks any game play. It had a map in UE4, but it has only a concept of new map in UE5.
Carnal Instinct is focused on game play and it was good at it in UE4. Map is also great. But it absolutely sucks at sex scenes.
It's really odd how WildLife created this really elaborate and expansive sex scene system which people adore but it's so incredibly slow in making any actual gameplay progress. Hell they even have some gameplay mechanics built that are working really well and have a nice world too. All they had to do is just give the player *something* (other than sex) to do and they just refuse to. Instead, they add 50 new sex scenes or talk about rebuilding the world again smh. They're probably doing that on purpose or their dreams are just too big.

Carnal Instinct is the opposite indeed, really strong in the gameplay department. Unfortunately it seems to me that maybe they're going too far to one of the extremes as well and sort of ignoring the sex scenes. Which even with DSS seems lacking and not particularly interesting (mainly the ones in DSS, more dragon pls tho is good).

Dark918

Mar 4, 2021
what kind of system are you working with, i was getting 120fps with my 1070ti, had some stutters but it worked fine for the most part

Reactions: MrStal0ne

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Undoubtly the develepor team creating something exciting.
Just played the UE5 version, and while it's not polished in anyway, its good to play as a game.
But as an adult game?
Don't know, not very fappable at this point.
True. Given the considerable amount of time and effort needed for any major engine change like this, even engine swaps, I'd say it's a fair enough trade for now since the UE5 build is pretty recent compared to the UE4 in terms of existence. We'll have to see if the UE5 gets any better. I'd say given the dev's track record with the UE4 version that any patience we offer will be well rewarded.

Reactions: MrStal0ne
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes