4.70 star(s) 42 Votes

alexanderXD

Apr 25, 2021
The chapel release was actually just a demo, and yes, it needs a lot of balancing. The cross is what makes the purple things appear that make you almost instantly horny. You also need it to open the door sealed with the purple seal.
in my own full opinion yes this one is an opinion the last post i made was just a fact and i know this already its just if they ever plan on putting this in they need do alot of reworking considering how far they got especially with the collision issues, there is one section were you are forced to be pixel perfect now for the opinion: just remake entire level and make them separate

Nekodium

Nov 4, 2023
Guys, I've been trying to play this game, but no matter where I download it, the game only has 1 level, being the mother's chapel or something, I read that it's a hard mode exclusive or something but I want to play the rest of the game, how do i play the other levels?

Sama変態

Jun 18, 2017
New progress report on his , and .

Progress report (20231210)
1702237747201.png

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time, it's the end of the year if I'm not paying attention.
Starting this month, I'll revert back to the original progress report and update the way I did before the game was finished.

Let's start with the progress of the game so far.
The artwork for the characters and H-scenes is almost complete, with some backgrounds and ending related artwork left.
I'm now working on the image import part, which is the program part.
After this is done, it's time for the boss design and the ending.

The rest doesn't seem like much, but I think at the rate I'm currently going.
It should take another 3 months to finish the game, so I'll most likely not be able to finish it until February next year.
But as I said before, the estimated time is just for reference, everything is still based on progress reports.

It's been half a year since I moved out, and I don't think I've changed much.
My family members bother me less, and I feel less upset.
However, my routine and mental problems are still the same as before.
Maybe I've been out of sorts for too long, but I don't think it's likely that this kind of problem will be solved after a few months of living away from home.
Anyway, I have a lot of time to myself now.
After I take a break, it's time to get up the energy to finish the game.
That's about it for me lately.

(3 pics of unused assets)

Unknown9918

Mar 22, 2020
I'm now trying again at asking how you're supposed to 'use' the saves for the previous versions of Castle of Temptation?

When I would try to use them, the game acts like they don't exist. What am I doing wrong?

webSurfer365

Nov 26, 2023
I'm now trying again at asking how you're supposed to 'use' the saves for the previous versions of Castle of Temptation?

When I would try to use them, the game acts like they don't exist. What am I doing wrong?
Which version of the game are you using?
If it's the latest version it only has 1 level(it's just the church for the nuns) and the previous levels are gone, I forgot why they were separated.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Unknown9918

Mar 22, 2020
Which version of the game are you using?
If it's the latest version it only has 1 level(it's just the church for the nuns) and the previous levels are gone, I forgot why they were separated.
It isn't. It's the previous one that comes with an entire save folder full of saves that the game ignores for me. I'm not sure why.

webSurfer365

Nov 26, 2023
It isn't. It's the previous one that comes with an entire save folder full of saves that the game ignores for me. I'm not sure why.
Oof, then I have no idea why that happened, caused it worked just fine for me, I got a older version of the game through a different site.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Progress report (20231210)
View attachment 3162562

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time, it's the end of the year if I'm not paying attention.
Starting this month, I'll revert back to the original progress report and update the way I did before the game was finished.

Let's start with the progress of the game so far.
The artwork for the characters and H-scenes is almost complete, with some backgrounds and ending related artwork left.
I'm now working on the image import part, which is the program part.
After this is done, it's time for the boss design and the ending.

The rest doesn't seem like much, but I think at the rate I'm currently going.
It should take another 3 months to finish the game, so I'll most likely not be able to finish it until February next year.
But as I said before, the estimated time is just for reference, everything is still based on progress reports.

It's been half a year since I moved out, and I don't think I've changed much.
My family members bother me less, and I feel less upset.
However, my routine and mental problems are still the same as before.
Maybe I've been out of sorts for too long, but I don't think it's likely that this kind of problem will be solved after a few months of living away from home.
Anyway, I have a lot of time to myself now.
After I take a break, it's time to get up the energy to finish the game.
That's about it for me lately.

(3 pics of unused assets)
Thank you for sharing this and I hope Poring's mental health gets better soon.

Reactions: Sama変態

Sama変態

Jun 18, 2017

1703433479153.png

Progress report (20231225)

It's the end of the year, and every time I think about it, I wonder how it's going to be the end of the year so soon.
I originally wanted to finish Castle of temptation this year, but my mental and physical problems were more serious than I thought.
I took a break from the beginning of June until December, and it took me half a year to get back to a state where I felt I could continue to create.
In fact, I wasn't in the best shape even before the lab was finished, but I didn't think much of it at the time and continued working on the Chapel.
As a result, it took me a year and a half to complete this stage.

If I had realized this earlier, I would have moved out when the lab was finished.
I realized that I had been too optimistic until I was actually exposed to the reality of the situation.
I wrote a lot about what I complained about when I moved out in June, so I won't repeat it here.

The other thing is the production schedule of the game, I forget if I mentioned it, just pretend I didn't mention it.
I think when a game's production schedule is stretched over a year and a half or even two years, it becomes very difficult to continue creating.
Especially for independent or small team production organizations like us, this time can be considered a watershed.
Once this time is exceeded, the feeling of powerlessness that comes from a long period of production without any return becomes very obvious, and the efficiency of the whole production will drop dramatically.
This is the conclusion I have drawn from my own experience and from observing other teams.
Of course, there are creators with extraordinary perseverance, but I don't think I can afford to spend too much time on the same game.
So I think it's time for Castle to end.
There is the impact of not being able to get it on steam, but I now feel that even if Castle were to be sold on steam, I would probably end up making Castle here in the chapel.
On one hand, I can't stand long term production, on the other hand, I want to try to do other types of games.
Another big problem is that I feel that the content of the game I've made has deviated from what players want.
Looking back at Castle's four stages, I think I did the best job with the Doll House, in terms of content and atmosphere.
As for the Laboratory and the Chapel, I tried to make them more informative at first, but I missed out on what they should have been.
Now that I've gone back and looked at those two stages, it's obvious that they shouldn't have been like that.
But it's impossible for me to redesign them.

Anyway, I'm going to carry this experience with me into my future work, and hopefully I'll be able to remember these mistakes and make a better game.
But before I do that, I need to finish the end of Castle.
After Castle is over, I'll post my plans for the rest of the game.

And...
Happy Christmas and Happy New Year!

(Some preview for a unused character, a new cover art for the game, and for supporters a H-scene with the Lord, a new character)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merry christmas dear castle enjoyers, and happy new year!!

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Not all of lab was my cup of tea, but I thought it was fine. Great even.

Chapel was kind of eh. Chapel in general just had a lot of problems, not just one thing; many have been discussed already. Conceptually it was neat but in practice not so much... I'm not sure if the problems could have been caught early enough in the dev process though.

So I hope at least from a player standpoint doesn't take the lesson that players didn't care for the lab, since I think most people liked it.

spamfolde

Aug 13, 2017
I think I'm stupid. I don't actually understand what the latest progress report means?

Like if Chapel is separated from Castle and Poring thinks its time to end Castle on top of being denied via steam. Does that mean the game is done as of now and he's moving onto other projects? Or he's finishing off what was initially promised then moving on? Is Chapel spinning off into its own segment?

I also have the flu atm so my brain is working through clouds.

Kinrad

May 19, 2019
Not all of lab was my cup of tea, but I thought it was fine. Great even.

Chapel was kind of eh. Chapel in general just had a lot of problems, not just one thing; many have been discussed already. Conceptually it was neat but in practice not so much... I'm not sure if the problems could have been caught early enough in the dev process though.

So I hope at least from a player standpoint doesn't take the lesson that players didn't care for the lab, since I think most people liked it.
I don't think the lab was bad but I do feel like it could've been better. The big cucumber route could've had more animations for example. The boss fight could've had more defeat animations too rather than the basic boobjob. Even the giant frog girl could've had more than just a single unbirth scene.

Mar 1, 2020
I think I'm stupid. I don't actually understand what the latest progress report means?

Like if Chapel is separated from Castle and Poring thinks its time to end Castle on top of being denied via steam. Does that mean the game is done as of now and he's moving onto other projects? Or he's finishing off what was initially promised then moving on? Is Chapel spinning off into its own segment?

I also have the flu atm so my brain is working through clouds.
From what I understand: " Poring is making another-new-stage/stage-5 and putting all stages into single game. Last stage will contain Succubus queen from 1st Stage "

4.70 star(s) 42 Votes