4.80 star(s) 41 Votes

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
Following up on my last post:

Anyone know how to get this game to run on Linux? My understanding is that Unity (the engine the game runs on) offers an option for the developer to compile a Linux friendly version. However, I only see Windows downloads for this game. Wine, Lutris and Bottles do not seem to work for this game, or at least I have not found a way to get it to run with those tools.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Following up on my last post:

Anyone know how to get this game to run on Linux? My understanding is that Unity (the engine the game runs on) offers an option for the developer to compile a Linux friendly version. However, I only see Windows downloads for this game. Wine, Lutris and Bottles do not seem to work for this game, or at least I have not found a way to get it to run with those tools.
Do you have wine-mono installed? Searching with your package manager (in caseapt search wine-mono), in should yield this answer.
If you it have, what do the errors look like if you run the game in the terminal? Anything about failing to initialize Mind running something like
Bash:
wine Castle\ of\ Temptation.exe > log.txt
and attaching the resulting file?

Last edited:

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
Thank you. I do not seem to have Wine Mono installed, so I am going to give that a shot (after Timeshifting).

For reference, this is the error I am getting at this time:

"Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
editor and platform support versions."

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
I am not sure if I was able to install Wine Mono correctly. However, I am getting the same result when attempting to run the .exe.

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
I am indeed. To be more specific, Mint 21.1 Cinnamon. The error I am getting is as follows:

I have been posting and getting help in the thread for about a week now, so further details can be gleamed from that.

Roninonix

Apr 17, 2020
Dont worry you did greate job so far. You can always ask community what they want. For example some kind of choice to make one boss harder or easier. There are a lot of possibilities. Take your time and deliver us game of the dekade!

chesire

May 5, 2017
I am indeed. To be more specific, Mint 21.1 Cinnamon. The error I am getting is as follows:

I have been posting and getting help in the thread for about a week now, so further details can be gleamed from that.
Look I am on Arch but should be able to provide some help.
I think you should type this in your terminal and report whether it works or not
winetricks -q allfont d3dcompiler_43 d3dcompiler_47 dxvk vcrun2022 vkd3d wsh57 && WINEPREFIX=~/.wine setup_vkd3d_proton install

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

fomi

Sep 8, 2019
Here is what I get with that:

warning: You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
------------------------------------------------------
Using winetricks 20240105 - sha256sum: 8f28985b06e9e04b5268e2aef3429b2a0f6abd4fd12c4a30472dfe66355128fa with wine-8.0.2 and WINEARCH=win64
Unknown arg allfont
Usage: /usr/bin/winetricks [options] [command|verb|path-to-verb] ...
Executes given verbs. Each verb installs an application or changes a setting.

Options:
--country=CC Set country code to CC and don't detect your IP address
-f, --force Don't check whether packages were already installed
--gui Show gui diagnostics even when driven by commandline
--gui=OPT Set OPT to kdialog or zenity to override GUI engine
--isolate Install each app or game in its own bottle (WINEPREFIX)
--self-update Update this application to the last version
--update-rollback Rollback the last self update
-k, --keep_isos Cache isos (allows later installation without disc)
--no-clean Don't delete temp directories (useful during debugging)
--optin Opt in to reporting which verbs you use to the Winetricks maintainers
--optout Opt out of reporting which verbs you use to the Winetricks maintainers
-q, --unattended Don't ask any questions, just install automatically
-r, --ddrescue Retry hard when caching scratched discs
-t --torify Run downloads under torify, if available
--verify Run (automated) GUI tests for verbs, if available
-v, --verbose Echo all commands as they are executed
-h, --help Display this message and exit
-V, --version Display version and exit

Commands:
list list categories
list-all list all categories and their verbs
apps list list verbs in category 'applications'
benchmarks list list verbs in category 'benchmarks'
dlls list list verbs in category 'dlls'
fonts list list verbs in category 'fonts'
settings list list verbs in category 'settings'
list-cached list cached-and-ready-to-install verbs
list-download list verbs which download automatically
list-manual-download list verbs which download with some help from the user
list-installed list already-installed verbs
arch=32|64 create wineprefix with 32 or 64 bit, this option must be
given before prefix=foobar and will not work in case of
the default wineprefix.
prefix=foobar select WINEPREFIX=/home/ely/.local/share/wineprefixes/foobar
annihilate Delete ALL DATA AND APPLICATIONS INSIDE THIS WINEPREFIX

RhinoHeadbutt

Sep 9, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just tried the game in an antiX live session and Wine-staging. It worked perfectly, without even having to install Wine-Mono when prompted.

Perhaps you should try to launch the game in a new wine environment, like so
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_test wine ./Castle\ of\ Temptation.exe
and see if it works. Keep in mind that it will create a .wine_test directory in your home directory, that should take around 1.3 GB of disk space.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Here is what I get with that:

--SNIP--
Unknown arg allfont
allfont is not an available dll. Try again, but exclude that.

Look I am on Arch but should be able to provide some help.
I think you should type this in your terminal and report whether it works or not
winetricks -q allfont d3dcompiler_43 d3dcompiler_47 dxvk vcrun2022 vkd3d wsh57 && WINEPREFIX=~/.wine setup_vkd3d_proton install
Out of everything here I only have vkd3d installed on my archbox, which lets me play just fine. Any reason for the rest?

chesire

May 5, 2017
I think to all wine users you should delete all prefixes with winetricks and redo this command
"winetricks -q allfont d3dcompiler_43 d3dcompiler_47 dxvk vcrun2022 vkd3d wsh57"
"WINEPREFIX=~/.wine setup_vkd3d_proton install"
Also please provide more information why your setup is not working And I am assuming most people here are using intel integrated gpus which is challenging for beginners just run this code and report again
"sudo pacman -S wine-staging winetricks zenity llvm-libs giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng libldap lib32-libldap gnutls lib32-gnutls mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse libgpg-error lib32-libgpg-error alsa-plugins lib32-alsa-plugins alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libjpeg-turbo lib32-libjpeg-turbo sqlite lib32-sqlite libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxinerama lib32-libgcrypt libgcrypt lib32-libxinerama ncurses lib32-ncurses opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt libva lib32-libva gtk3 lib32-gtk3 gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-intel xf86-video-intel webp-pixbuf-loader viewnior libva-intel-driver vulkan-intel"

This is for arch but if you are on debian or mint refer this

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023
View attachment 1468928

Overview:
"Castle of Temptation" was created 86 years after the peaceful treatment between fiends and humans. It's for the newbies trying to be adventurers, a test for their abilities and strenghts. Since the war is over, adventurers do social and cultural exchanges too, so the castle was created to improve their will and reaction times. Since being an adventurer is a really rewarding job and it gives multiple bonus, this is a test for them.
You are playing as a male boy trying to defeat the succubus queen. In order to do that you have to get there first... Are you up for the challenge?​

Thread Updated: 2023-06-06
Release Date: 2023-06-02
Developer: Poring - - - - -
Other games: Attack it! Devil Legion
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.3a
Language: English, Chinese, Japanese
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer notes:

Controls:

DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Kdfn thanks for the link
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 663252 View attachment 663253 View attachment 663254 View attachment 1329779 View attachment 1329780 View attachment 1329781 View attachment 1329782
I think the download version is wrong. It says 0.4.3 but there´s only the first and second stage, "church and succubus" and the game file size is smaller than the "older versions". Sucks because I spent 3 hours to defeat the boss to see another stage just to be sent back to the main lobby Lol.

z-z

Aug 17, 2022
I think the download version is wrong. It says 0.4.3 but there´s only the first and second stage, "church and succubus" and the game file size is smaller than the "older versions". Sucks because I spent 3 hours to defeat the boss to see another stage just to be sent back to the main lobby Lol.
4.3 is only 1 massive stage split into 2 sections i think its meant to be the final stage

4.80 star(s) 41 Votes