Flow4Master

Dev. of " Catch Your Luck"
Game Developer
Apr 18, 2018

Version 0.17
Changelog:
  • Added 1 new animated sex scene with J.D.
  • Added 4 new locations (Beach Shop, Sauna, The second floor and the roof of the police station).
  • Added 2 new character.
  • Added new sprites, new dialogues, and new backgrounds.
  • Added 1 new background for the main menu.
  • Continuation of the main storyline.
  • Some old art and scenes have been redrawn.
  • Fixed bugs and typos.
Old saves will not work.

Win / Linux v 0.17
MAC
v 0.17

Walkthrough v0.17

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
During the last update (v0.16), the saves didn't work either, so I started the game from scratch. Now (v0.17) the save has loaded beautifully. I visited the police, I was beaten in front of the house, and when I went to the beach store, the moment I picked up the card from the garbage bag in the back room, the game got fucked up:
File "game/beach_shop.rpy", line 170, in <module>
NameError: name 'magneticpass_spltech' is not defined

And here comes the question: if I start playing AGAIN from the beginning, will my saves work with the next update?

Flow4Master

Dev. of " Catch Your Luck"
Game Developer
Apr 18, 2018
And here comes the question: if I start playing AGAIN from the beginning, will my saves work with the next update?
The old saves may work, but only until new quest branches appear in the journal and new items appear in the inventory (which appeared in the new version). The performance of the old saves will depend on the globality of the new content. If I add a couple of animations and a dozen pictures in the new version, then the saves will work. If the mechanics that I plan to gradually add are implemented , there is a high probability that the old saves will not work.

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
The old saves may work, but only until new quest branches appear in the journal and new items appear in the inventory (which appeared in the new version). The performance of the old saves will depend on the globality of the new content. If I add a couple of animations and a dozen pictures in the new version, then the saves will work. If the mechanics that I plan to gradually add are implemented , there is a high probability that the old saves will not work.
So your answer to the question "will I still have to start the game after each update" is "I HAVE NO IDEA" :)

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
So your answer to the question "will I still have to start the game after each update" is "I HAVE NO IDEA" :)
He should work on that because I'm already thinking of not continuing, it's not like this is the only game out there to play.
Also, the Engrish kills it for me.

TiefImWesten

Jan 5, 2020
In tried it with saves from the previous version and it seems to work for some time, but then you cannot continue. So do not bother with trying it, just play from the start.
A save gave from the previous version cannot be done, because new character and locations were added to the beginning of the story.
From my point of view, it is worth playing from the beginning. Since there is just very, very small grinding, it does not hurt as in other games.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Catch Your Luck [v0.17]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Catch Your Luck [v0.17]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

******************************************************************************************

of Catch Your Luck [v0.16]

di un fan Catch Your Luck [v0.16]

******************************************************************************************

of Catch Your Luck [v0.15]

di un fan Catch Your Luck [v0.15]

Italian translation

Updated
: 2021-07-10
Version: 0.17

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
Yep I think I will leave this alone until it's finished or saves work properly.

Shame really as I was really enjoying it, but starting from the beginning every update is a no-no, and yes I know it's "in development" , but my choice is not to play.
So many games out there which work update to update.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes