VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chains of Pleasure [Ch. 4] [ShuttleCockGames]

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
The dev was talking about a new and animated menu screen in his last update. I sincerely doubt it was due to the negativity/bitching from this forum considering the dev didn't even post here. It's absurd that 9/10 times I see a game abandoned this ridiculous reason is given when the reality is that development was stopped due to other real life reasons.
Well in the end, at least for me personally it doesnt matter why the dev stopped working on the project. But i also see this venture (the forum itself) a bit different than most, at least thats my impression. I come here and check through all the street musicians (the devs) to see what song (game) they play. If i like it, i stop by and listen. If they for whatever reason stop playing, and stand up and walk away, then too bad if i liked their song. But thats life. I never seen anyone ask a street musician as to why they suddenly stopped their preformance. Because thats none of my business, same rule applies here.

However, i can clearly see why the argument about the negativity and bitching was brought up. Because while there is also a lot of praise found here, there is also a lot of negativity to be found.

LantisGT

Feb 20, 2019
Somehow it´s a shame it got abandoned, on the other hand, first chapter was great but the game turned worse with every new chapter after the first. And the point system was annyoing, either that too low or that too high, basically forcing you to act a certain way. Simulated choice... Still it always sucks when a game dies unfinished...

Drako

Jul 6, 2017
Way to go calling people pieces of shit, when you don't even know the reasons behind the abandonment...
When people have life problems in there life they stop making updates and posts but they keep there patreon working i saw this with many devs who had accidents and surjeries and even lost loved ones yet all the cases when they delete the page is when they give up on the game , this is not a game you give up on it is one you bear with. maybe i overreacted a little tho..

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
When people have life problems in there life they stop making updates and posts but they keep there patreon working i saw this with many devs who had accidents and surjeries and even lost loved ones yet all the cases when they delete the page is when they give up on the game , this is not a game you give up on it is one you bear with. maybe i overreacted a little tho..
Like I said, there's no way to know what the reason behind the abandonment was, for all we know, the dev could be dead and someone else got on his Patreon account and deleted the page, just an example.

DyreMezza

Jul 29, 2018
Oh maaan,i havent seen any updades on the game lately and decided to check in here and wow...abandoned?
That would be a real shame as this game was kick ass imo!
I really hope the dev will come back to this project someday as it has so much potential...and it was different to all these "a guy moves back to moms place,including 2 sisters"

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Deleting your patreon page without warning is even worse form.. atleast keep the page up and state the reason. instead of thanks for the money i'm out without explaining. (n) :rolleyes: Right now the patreons themself could only speculate what happend. we may never know now.

Reactions: Hyped
4.40 star(s) 32 Votes