VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chains of Pleasure [Ch. 4] [ShuttleCockGames]

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Yes, Thats what I tried, Tried Both because it wasnt working.. Have found that it works SOMETIMES, Maybe !0 Percent of the time, it works. Easier to change the save file than to use the console.
eh, works for me every time as long as the console is actually enabled. most games disable it by default, can use unren or just add config.console = True to some script file.

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
Another ren'py game abandoned? What a surprise!

Actually it is sort of a miracle to see a ren'py game not abandoned and even more so to see a good completed ren'py game done in less than an eternity.
Do you realize that RenPy is the most popular engine here?
It's like saying that PC (Windows) games are usually abandoned, while Android games (only official releases) are solid.

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
If I remember correctly, the devs' unhappiness was the amount of bitching going on from the people on this forum.Constant griping about every thing from lack of upgrades to the way that the story was going.
That was a shame because in my opinion, the updates were on a par with the most of the other games.
Well why would it here be any different than anywhere else? Hatetrains from so quickly nowadays, that i wonder if there is a hidden stash of them i dont know about. And on top of all that, it becomes quite obvious that a lot of people think that because it is on the Internet stuff works different.

Normal behaviour goes out the window very quickly, and with normal behaviour i mean, not acting like every Teenager (yes we've all been there) in their Asshole phase. And it also becomes quite obvious that a lot of people cant Grasp how Patreon and the like are ment to work in an Environment like this. Because the matter of the fact is, that a Dev creating a game and decides to publish it on forums like this, with a Link to their Patreon page. Is nothing more than a Street Musician that puts a hat in front of them, an WE are the Strangers walking by, listening to that music/see that dance/whatever . If we like it, we can if we want to, put some money in the hat to support the musician. Just like we can go to Patreon and put some money in their hat there.

But i've never seen a guy arguing with a Street musician in a pedestrian area about "YO SHITHEAD, I JUST PUT 5$ IN YOUR HAT, NOW GO AND FUCKING PLAY METALLICA FOR ME YOU USELESS PEAce OF FUCKING TRASH". In fact i've never seen anyone arguing with a Street performer as to what and how they should perform their act. People either watch/listen to it and stop, or they walk past it if it doesnt interest them. And when said street performer plays a Song/whatever you dont like, then you are free to move on.

However what happens in places like this forum and elsewhere is, that the second someone put 5$ in that hat, they think they have the right to demand stuff. Like what song is played, or how its played. And on top of that, even those who did not put money in the hat, feel like that they through (i dont fucking know, the right of ze internetz or whatever) also have the right to demand something.

Dont get me wrong, everyone has the right to have an opinion and also to express it. But many people are way beyond that already, it is no longer enough to express the dislike of the current way the project is going. It has to be personal, degrading, insulting, hurtful otherwise it is not enough.

And sure i've seen all the arguments as to why people think that putting money in a hat gives you any rights.
They then say "yea but the dev says he does it fulltime and make a living from it, thats why i have decided to give him money for 3 months even tho there was no progress, but now im fucking pissed and i want x". Honestly? Your own fault, period.
I've never in my entire life meet anyone who told me that "hey there is this stranger i met, he told me a little story and now im paying him 5$ a month because he said he will tell me another one soon, sure i have not seen him in 3 months, but im paying him anyway". Wanna know why not? Because that would sound a bit crazy, wouldnt it?

But it is, if we exclude the Devs who have absuded Patreon, almost every drama i've ever seen in here in a nutshell.

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
Well, damn. I hadn't heard anything about this game for a while, and I just happened to think about it today. I guess I'll stow this in my "Abandoned" folder, then, along with other good titles like The Caretaker, My Sex Quest, and Lust Town . . . wait, no, wrong list . . . [goes to a different folder]. I mean, good titles, like Love and Submission, Reincarnotica, and Valiant Warrior Astrid.
Same, i was sitting here thinking about this game, and i for some reason couldnt remember the title. 5 Minutes of searching later, i came in here to see thats it is abandoned. too bad, was a good game

Erodaz

Oct 26, 2018
If I remember correctly, the devs' unhappiness was the amount of bitching going on from the people on this forum.Constant griping about every thing from lack of upgrades to the way that the story was going.
That was a shame because in my opinion, the updates were on a par with the most of the other games.
That is really sad if that is the case. Sometimes negativity can get the better of you, a real shame.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
The dev was talking about a new and animated menu screen in his last update. I sincerely doubt it was due to the negativity/bitching from this forum considering the dev didn't even post here. It's absurd that 9/10 times I see a game abandoned this ridiculous reason is given when the reality is that development was stopped due to other real life reasons.

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes