Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No I know you are not calling me dumb its me who is doing so,But to answer my slightly confusing question what I was pretty much asking when I didn't quite get what favors meant was that I was wondering just how much points I was gonna lose with the other one when choosing one or the other,And I guess to answer that aswell cause I did find out at the end of the chapter I had max trust with Jaye and 1 of from full love with her and 2 from full of both trust and love with Mal'...
Ah, I see. Well, you can never "max" everything at some point... it's just not possible through normal playthrough. The cheats I offer will assist but I'm not willing to push it to the point that it might break something later. That's what other mods do and I don't play that game, I feel that it's my duty that if your going to play with my product I must insure your save file integrity to the best of my ability. That said, use the cheat system if you want but I personally don't use my own cheats in my personal playthroughs. Why? Because I'd prefer personally to enjoy the pathing splits the dev intended. If the dev is up to par regarding the "big picture" of a real gameplan then that's what I personally want to experience. That said, the cheats are safe to use if desired. You do you, I'll back you up the best I can bud. Regards.

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Steam & non-Steam)
Latest Core Update
1681827621320.png 1681827741510.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Steam & non-Steam)
Latest Core Update
View attachment 2555586 View attachment 2555588
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Ha, fancy ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ha, fancy ;)
You know me by now, my favorite VN's always get my most advanced public offerings. Took a bit over 4 days just to port the older mod Core over to my latest Core and rewrite the Guide. The MiniStat is fully choreographed as well. It only lacks the alt-character renaming but I can't get myself to do it for the main LI's... maybe later for a side or two, otherwise it just seems like sacrilege :ROFLMAO: .

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
You know me by now, my favorite VN's always get my most advanced public offerings. Took a bit over 4 days just to port the older mod Core over to my latest Core and rewrite the Guide. The MiniStat is fully choreographed as well. It only lacks the alt-character renaming but I can't get myself to do it for the main LI's... maybe later for a side or two, otherwise it just seems like sacrilege :ROFLMAO: .
Yip, I can tell it is one of your favorite just by the amount of work on this update, started replaying last night as has been awhile, guess will add this in and have some fun later this evening after a few beers ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Folks, I'm seriously trying here... and thought last night this was going to be a breeze. I started with the Steam version which, due to the dev team building the new update on RenPy 8 (versus the original RenPy 7) there were some minor rollbacks upon old save loads but nothing way too dramatic, only a low percentage of failures as expected. BUT the non-Steam version is something completely different and I've spent 5 or 6 hours last night unitl ~0300 hours in the morning, got a few hours nap and now another 3 hours or so.... and it's driving me completely mad.

I'm having hell with the non-Steam version throwing exception error after loading the save then right-clicking or hitting Esc to reach the Navigation menu system. New playthroughs are NOT effected but folks want to be able to load their old saves, I get it. So, I'm working hard on this but this has been a massive delay... just massive. Basically 10hrs of getting the initial porting done (everything up to the new content) then code cock-blocked.

I'll keep you posted but I'm quite frustrated atm. It's really pissing me off as I should know how to handle but I've not seen this type of behavior before, even with other VN's that have bumped RenPy versions (which is always a headache if I'm being honest).

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
Folks, I'm seriously trying here... and thought last night this was going to be a breeze. I started with the Steam version which, due to the dev team building the new update on RenPy 8 (versus the original RenPy 7) there were some minor rollbacks upon old save loads but nothing way too dramatic, only a low percentage of failures as expected. BUT the non-Steam version is something completely different and I've spent 5 or 6 hours last night unitl ~0300 hours in the morning, got a few hours nap and now another 3 hours or so.... and it's driving me completely mad.

I'm having hell with the non-Steam version throwing exception error after loading the save then right-clicking or hitting Esc to reach the Navigation menu system. New playthroughs are NOT effected but folks want to be able to load their old saves, I get it. So, I'm working hard on this but this has been a massive delay... just massive. Basically 10hrs of getting the initial porting done (everything up to the new content) then code cock-blocked.

I'll keep you posted but I'm quite frustrated atm. It's really pissing me off as I should know how to handle but I've not seen this type of behavior before, even with other VN's that have bumped RenPy versions (which is always a headache if I'm being honest).
Time for a Crown Royal brunch/lunch :LOL: you need to give that head of yours a break once in a while

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Would you be able to upload this version for people who not mind replaying the game?
Well, I've obviously not finished an update version yet bud so there's nothing for me yet to upload. I've spent all my time last night and today trying to resolve the base VN issue (it happens unmodded too, it's not mod related). It's starting to look like my only choice is to speedrun from the start so I can start coding the new content. The old content is already ported over, so that's been done.

Reactions: Pennel

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
Well, I've obviously not finished an update version yet bud so there's nothing for me yet to upload. I've spent all my time last night and today trying to resolve the base VN issue (it happens unmodded too, it's not mod related). It's starting to look like my only choice is to speedrun from the start so I can start coding the new content. The old content is already ported over, so that's been done.
Ah sorry, keep up the good work then!
Always worth the wait.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah sorry, keep up the good work then!
Always worth the wait.
I'm very very sad and frustrated right now bud... so many hours completely wasted as I don't think I can fix the dev's issues on this one. I'm still trying as I just can't let it go... if we must start from the beginning so be it but I won't ever feel that's plausible until I've exhausted every resource to attempt to get this in order. I'll keep y'all posted but I'm trying to remain optimistic and I don't like writing depressing posts... so I'm back to it...

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
I'm very very sad and frustrated right now bud... so many hours completely wasted as I don't think I can fix the dev's issues on this one. I'm still trying as I just can't let it go... if we must start from the beginning so be it but I won't ever feel that's plausible until I've exhausted every resource to attempt to get this in order. I'll keep y'all posted but I'm trying to remain optimistic and I don't like writing depressing posts... so I'm back to it...
It's alright bro just don't burn yourself out

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's alright bro just don't burn yourself out
I'm well past that point brother... so far past :ROFLMAO: :p

Thank you though. I am trying very hard for not only you folks but for me as well. I love this VN... I don't want it to be borked at all. So I press on...

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes