Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, the MiniStat carries a lot of code weight behind it. This issue never crossed my mind tbh since I've coded like this for quite some time. I'll have to make some changes for Core v7c by pulling the code off the MiniStat and into it's own isolated function. No big deal, just need time to do it.

Now... back to the mess that is "Mia"...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just tested it and happens again with new playthrough on Windows 11, non-Steam.

Your fix with opening ministat works though, tyvm!

I would've opened it after finishing my pure play through!
Wait... it shouldn't trigger an error during a "pure play though" since that would mean you have the ChoiceGuide OFF. If the guide is off there's none of that code required, including the CriticalPath screen. That screen only opens if the guide is ON.

Are you sure you're on a pure play through.... or are you messin' with me?

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
Guys, maybe someone has a game save before this new version? I played a while ago and it seems I lost it.
many thanks in advance.
P.S. Sancho and his mods are ze beeest

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, Sancho1969 , it looks to be caused by speedrunning. I started a new game and ran in to the error. When I rolled back and clicked through properly your screen popped up and the variable was defined properly. I guess the issue is that your popup doesn't stop skipping like a normal choice does.
Try skipping with the MiniStat open... it'll stop on the CriticalChoice since that screen has a hard pause coded in it. It's all about the MiniStat until I get a new build up.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Guys, maybe someone has a game save before this new version? I played a while ago and it seems I lost it.
many thanks in advance.
P.S. Sancho and his mods are ze beeest
It's truly recommended via a new playthrough, just as unmodded. Too much was changed fundamentally with the VN. I'd seriously start new bud.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Yeah, I got that same error message too, and just right after you talked about how I would wish you coded a CriticalPath screen, then Jaye and Mallory look at each other and poof, this error message shows up.

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
So I can use any version? Doesn't matter?
Holy shit how hard is it to understand?
If you have , download and install steam version
If you got the game straight from Stone Fox patreon or pirated it from this forum, download and install non-steam version

Reactions: msleomac

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
encountered this problem just after this screen View attachment 2612074 View attachment 2612077
Yeah, I got that same error message too, and just right after you talked about how I would wish you coded a CriticalPath screen, then Jaye and Mallory look at each other and poof, this error message shows up.

Good morning. See the posts above yours. Quick fix is (on a few screens prior to getting the error) toggle the MiniStat (via the MiniMenu or pressing "m") and that will get you done. It's an error due to the code being associated with the MiniStat but I will fix it in a pending Maintenance Update for those players who don't use the MiniStat.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, good morning.

Dev team has reached out to me and we have a few changes (nothing major, don't worry). Since I want to keep the mod up to date with the VN this is the perfect opportunity for me to fully resolve the CriticalPath screen versus the MiniStat conflict.

The fix isn't hard for me but takes a bit of time to convert and write the function(s) separately. Again, no big deal and I'll make it so you won't even notice I've done anything except you won't get any error whether you use the MiniStat or not.

I need to get going since I MUST journey into the nearest town and get supplies. I'm running low on some essentials and the middle of the forest is no place to be without some man-made necessities.

I'll keep you posted as always.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So I can use any version? Doesn't matter?
NO! Absolutely not (without much work on your end to get achievements to work properly). You don't buy a PlayStation version of a game for your Xbox or vice-versa. Think of it that way. You're either playing on Steam or your not.

Reactions: msleomac

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Current Maintenance Update (pending me finalizing and uploading):
  • Contains the latest changes to the VN as of build date 05/09/2023.
  • Contains the latest changes to the VN as of build date 05/10/2023.
  • Resolves the CriticalPath screen exception if the Player is not utilizing the MiniStat screen.
I'll make a proper update post once it's live like I always do to eliminate any confusion.
Also note (in case you've never noticed) I change the date/time in green that's just above the DL links.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes