4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
It was a nice amount of content for a first version, I liked that, it looked good, I liked that, it was well done all in all, you started out at a very high level for your first go.
The only thing that wasn't working perfectly FOR ME, was that in the way you told the story, it did have some lengths to it. I'm not writing this just to post something critical, it's supposed to be constructive. It's like, if the script was a little bit tighter there wouldn't have been ANYTHING to complain about. Not in the slightest.
I didn’t take it negatively at all. Your post represented your truth respectfully. Thanks for your feedback!

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Noted. Make updates shorter!

In all seriousnesss we intended to make the prologue even longer to take the the player to the beginning of the path branches, but we saw that would have pushed us to a Christmas delivery.
Personally, I think it leaves a better impression to have larger updates, in form of large, well rounded, "thematic episodes" ( like with prologue, largely on background/growing up together). If they are too short, it's kind of like watching a movie, and hitting stop-play-stop-play, every two minutes.
If it's not "too spoilerish":
- are you planning a large cast of characters, or more fleshing out existing ones...I'm guessing we'll also see Tara and "Mallory" ( brunette in images) in next updates
- linear central plot with optional scenes based on character stats, or splintering it into different arcs?

Reactions: DA22 and MrFriendly

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Personally, I think it leaves a better impression to have larger updates, in form of large, well rounded, "thematic episodes" ( like with prologue, largely on background/growing up together). If they are too short, it's kind of like watching a movie, and hitting stop-play-stop-play, every two minutes.
If it's not "too spoilerish":
- are you planning a large cast of characters, or more fleshing out existing ones...I'm guessing we'll also see Tara and "Mallory" ( brunette in images) in next updates
- linear central plot with optional scenes based on character stats, or splintering it into different arcs?
Last question for the day as my plane is landing: There is one linear central plot. There are multiple arcs within that plot, but the arc the player chooses will change how the central plot is resolved. The plan is to execute episodically. The paths open up after the next update.

As for the size and frequency of updates, the rule of thumb is you can have it fast, you can have it right, or you can have it cheap: Pick two.

Joking aside there is a sweet spot between long waits, big updates, and quality every developer ends up compromising on. In my perfect world, we’d release an entire episode every 90 days. The intro took us 120 days with no experience.

I’ll have a better feel for ambition vs reality after Ch1 drops.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
It’s only a cliffhanger if you don’t know what happened for sure. No sleight of hand here, James and Sarah are really...well, you know...that eventuality is outright stated in the game description. That said, do you really prefer it when episodes end in the middle of mundane conversations?
I like more definitive endings like the end of days or the finishing of a special event. Where you left it, I expected it to go back to the bar and Walter. Is the entire game going to take place within the confines of the story he's telling or is there going to be a point where we'll be playing in the present?

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Larger updates are always better, I’d rather you take your time and do it right.

My worry after the prologue is that it feels like the end is inevitable and the branching will be minor, the MC will end up with his stepsister. His entire focus is her, he can’t fuck another woman (even years later) without thinking about her.

And this tempers my love of the game. I want to be able to make choices that matter and affect the outcome. But if the canon ending, and most of your time and resources, is devoted to that ending, I don’t want to feel like everything else is an afterthought.

And I’m not even saying that I won’t have the MC end up with her. I just want to feel like there’s a real option other than her, a real other ending that isn’t Tara or Jaye.
i promise there are real options other than Jaye that are just as valid and fleshed out.

Tara is not one of them.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I hope it isn’t gigantic. I’d rather have 5 well written and developed options (shit, let us take “hall pass lady” with us) than 12 to 20 poorly defined characters , beyond their looks, who feel like stereotypical characters.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the next update and, if it is as good as this release (or better) I’m going to need to figure out how to afford being a patron of a 6th game. Lol
I certanly agree with u, a few well written characters are a lot better than a large selection, most games are more focused on the large selction saddly.
Yes i would also take the italian Lady with me.

Hopefully u don't need open a second club for the sister in the next release :whistle:

Reactions: MrFriendly

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Tara is not one of them.
Hope we can at least fuck her, she too fine to be just a friend. Jaye speared the MC like Batista in his prime, I want my MC to use his spear on her friend's holes.:sneaky: Didn't see the 1st and the last pics in the game, so I assume they kept for the next update(s). Pls tell me those 2 are romance options.

It's a very good start for a first project, the story has its flaws and both the MC and Jaye could've talked things out and settled their differences, but that makes them "real" IMO. Ppl make mistakes and sometimes do/say really stupid things they regret later, but at the end of the day, forgiving and putting aside your differences is what makes someone a better person.

Congrats for the promising start and keep up the good work !!;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hope we can at least fuck her, she too fine to be just a friend. Jaye speared the MC like Batista in his prime, I want my MC to use his spear on her friend's holes.:sneaky: Didn't see the 1st and the last pics in the game, so I assume they kept for the next update(s). Pls tell me those 2 are romance options.

It's a very good start for a first project, the story has its flaws and both the MC and Jaye could've talked things out and settled their differences, but that makes them "real" IMO. Ppl make mistakes and sometimes do/say really stupid things they regret later, but at the end of the day, forgiving and putting aside your differences is what makes someone a better person.

Congrats for the promising start and keep up the good work !!;)
I am not to worried about Tara, think we saw a render somewhere where she has points. Suspect she may well be a two in one package deal with Jaye though if available and that is one of the paths with Jaye, her alone, together with Tara or Jaye with Tara but without MC if you decide another LI is better for MC. :)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Obviously depends on how it is written and everything, too early to even know if that is the way of it. I have to reiterate a hope that the sister hasn't been a virgin to a man's dick for the last 7 years thus making it that she "saved herself" for her brother (especially if the reason is because she's been with Tara). That would be a lower quality of writing than the prologue would make me expect, so I will assume that isn't going to happen.
Well the sister could have gone full dyke, maybe a real relation with Tara after her last ex...if that is the case it could be written without losing quality.
But so far i'm not a fan of the sister, clearly not as a Li, virgin or not...i'd rather have Tara or that italian Lady, but let's see the other Li's first, i expect some good characters.

But waiting for the good games is always so hard...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hmmm... I will have to wait and see. I really hope she and Jaye aren't a packaged deal. That makes the MC seem like a potential third wheel. Even if there is the option to break up that relationship and have the sister solo I wouldn't take it because that is an asshole move. I mean, the MC hasn't been in contact for 7 years, he's been out there fucking and trying to forget while, hypothetically, Jaye and Tara have been together as a couple (either just for sex or maybe a real relationship) and then the MC shows back up for the funeral and eventually breaks them up so he can finally fuck his stepsister OR they integrate him into their already established relationship? Just seems like a real dick thing to do.

Obviously depends on how it is written and everything, too early to even know if that is the way of it. I have to reiterate a hope that the sister hasn't been a virgin to a man's dick for the last 7 years thus making it that she "saved herself" for her brother (especially if the reason is because she's been with Tara). That would be a lower quality of writing than the prologue would make me expect, so I will assume that isn't going to happen.

Urg... I want more story nooooow!
Well unless something really bad happens to Tara, I would have expected her to be a possible LI after the introduction and with dev confirming she is not an interest there is only one option left that is not even way worse. :) Relation between MC and Jaye I would guess will be hindered at start with another LI for Jaye where Tara would make sense as dev said there would be no sex scenes between another man and Li's and likely also a guilt/anger combo from Jaye to MC for ignoring her and her pleas.

That makes a thruple the most likely best end scenario if you want to go for jaye if we also remember Tara was interested in MC with Jaye , though I expect also a solo ending possible for Jaye. In a way more of the surprise will be with the other LI's and what will be possible there. Agreed I wish we could already see where next part of story goes. :p

krakos9

Sep 16, 2016
Yeah ok you got me Dev. Good storytelling and very nice renders. I liked that the mc made mistakes while growing up, it gives the player an anchor to childhood as we all made mistakes. And the prologue gave us enough of a story to like the parents. Don't usually like the trope unless i like the characters but they took me for a ride, and that was nice. Actually i wouldn't mind some more scenes between them as we see the story evolve.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Great game. Not sure what to say about that which hasn't been said already so I'll just move on to some other points.

Honestly can't believe some people compared this to another game I won't mention (so my post doesn't get erroneously deleted) just because it has a long prologue. This game has a deep and well-written story with great character building and pretty much everything that happened in the prologue seems relevant. We got to know MC's parents and their motivations and personalities, we got to experience the siblings growing affections for one another, and were introduced to a couple of other characters who will obviously play a part later on. There was a little bit of get-to-the-point-already with the dialogue between MC and bartender but thankfully no five minute diatribes about the benefits of certain air-conditioning units or knife sets... :KEK:

Also kinda surprised at some people's reactions to Jaye, disliking her because of some imagined cockblocking or something. I guess some people really have an issue seeing an LI doing anything sexual with anyone other than the MC even in these circumstances, which seems odd to me. At the end of the day I thought most of those scenes came across pretty well from a teen drama perspective.

Looking forward to the next installment and glad to see you guys are being open about your intended release schedule.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
All I can say is AMAZING. I know it's new, and still pretty early, but for right now this game has made my top ten list. Amazing Renders, and a really great story so far. Great job, and really looking forward to the next part. (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: GAMEPLAY7

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
i promise there are real options other than Jaye that are just as valid and fleshed out.

Tara is not one of them.
I must say that i'm very intrigued by the story (good thing). Story is believeable and realistic. But i can't resist than to ask you, will MC/player be able to act cold or should i say bad towards Jaye in the future update?

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
Reading some posts had me thinking...is the lady the Mc meets in Palermo meant to be italian?
Redheads are not unheard of even in Sicily but her name is not exactly an italian name (isn't it Fiona or something like that?)
Just curious
:unsure:

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes