4.60 star(s) 306 Votes

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
That's what happens when dev go too far when making the LI an antagonist, they just become irredeemable. I have a feeling the Jaye/Tara relationship was done so as to play the i haven't been with a man card which is just dumb.
fully agree, i don't understand why the devs thought that relationship was a good idea

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
fully agree, i don't understand why the devs thought that relationship was a good idea
Well they did want confrontation, growth, redemption and possibly also alternative endings that would be good for chars like Jaye with Tara for example if MC goes for another LI. Just they turned up the drama a bit up to 11 and forgot to show a bit more redeemable sides to Jaye and made that relation feel overly toxic due to that to me. So yeah I think we need some bones thrown as players to keep Jaye in the running as a potential Li after last update and prologue together as well. :)

It is devs story to tell and their game though and also up to them to balance it out well, fact I feel they went a bit overboard at this point in game while waiting for next update, does not mean it will not work well when we are a few updates further in or at end game.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
"But she has her own character". I agree with that statement but to me she comes across as toxic. She knows the MC left because of her but never takes responsibility for that, she also acts entitled and superior to the MC because he does not have a higher education and she plays the victim among other things.
OK, Jaye has a loathsome behavior at times. But let's talk a bit about the MC. Okay, he gets kicked out by his sister who goes crazy, we wonder why. But he takes the thing on the bright side: he goes around the world with the money from his sports studies, without worrying too much about his parents. And he takes the slap in the face when his sister informs him of their death. In short, his journey of several years only deprived him of his parents, friends and even sis. Not to mention his studies screwed up in the trash. As for immaturity, we do not do better.
Go back to the scene: on the evening of his departure for his world tour, his sister, after her shower, says: "I am doing this again", "Overeacting in hopes that no one sees trough me", "Discovers my secret ... "(her love for MC ??)," MC did exactly why I needed from him ... ", ....." I can't leave things like this .. "," I need to face whatever this is .. "," I'll take to him in the morning. "," If he feels the same way, maybe it's not too late. "," And if he does not, I can try to move on ".
It was enough for the MC to take the pressure off overnight and then discuss their problem with his sister. But I think the DEV needs the brother-sister antagonism to develop the rest of the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
OK, Jaye has a loathsome behavior at times. But let's talk a bit about the MC. Okay, he gets kicked out by his sister who goes crazy, we wonder why. But he takes the thing on the bright side: he goes around the world with the money from his sports studies, without worrying too much about his parents. And he takes the slap in the face when his sister informs him of their death. In short, his journey of several years only deprived him of his parents, friends and even sis. Not to mention his studies screwed up in the trash. As for immaturity, we do not do better. Go back to the scene: on the evening of her departure for her world tour, her sister, after her shower, says: "I am doing this again", "Overeacting in hopes that no one sees trough me", "Discovers my secret ... "(her love for MC ??)," MC did exactly why I needed from him ... ", ....." I can't leave things like this .. "," I need to face whatever this is .. "," I'll take to him in the morning. "," If he feels the same way, maybe it's not too late. "," And if he does not, I can try to move on ". It was enough for the MC to take the pressure off overnight and then discuss their problem with his sister. But I think the DEV needs the brother-sister antagonism to develop the rest of the story.
They are BOTH stupid and it is their stupidity which allows the story to take place but we are watching it from the mc perspective and there is only so much venom one can take before he goes fuck this shit i'm out of here or the LI gets blacklisted. Drama is very good because it makes us feel which is essential for any successful game but TOO MUCH drama kills the game. E.g I just dropped intertwined this update because there is soo much drama in erynn path it literally kills your interest.

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
They are BOTH stupid and it is their stupidity which allows the story to take place but we are watching it from the mc perspective and there is only so much venom one can take before he goes fuck this shit i'm out of here or the LI gets blacklisted. Drama is very good because it makes us feel which is essential for any successful game but TOO MUCH drama kills the game. E.g I just dropped intertwined this update because there is soo much drama in erynn path it literally kills your interest.
agreed. in these very linear story-focused games featuring little in the way of player agency, and in which the mc's incessant stupidity seems to be a very common motif, melodrama heaped on top of melodrama to justify more melodrama becomes exhausting and annoying. intertwined is the prime example of this. i think for this game's sake the mc/jaye history hangup thing needs to be resolved soon so that the characters can grow from that point on (whether romantically, as friends/siblings, or antagonists; the choice would be nice) rather than dumbass mc and bitch sister smashing themselves silly on the glass between them like fighting fish, forever.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
People on this thread who dislike jaye for being a cunt or MC's downright stupidity are understandable.

But if their character developments in the near future are going to be well done, wouldn't it all be worth it in the end?

I sure hope it does lmao if jaye keeps on being a cunt and the mc more emotional and their actions keep adding more misunderstandings without talking it out like grown ups, I'd honestly lose my shit lol

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
OK, Jaye has a loathsome behavior at times. But let's talk a bit about the MC. Okay, he gets kicked out by his sister who goes crazy, we wonder why. But he takes the thing on the bright side: he goes around the world with the money from his sports studies, without worrying too much about his parents. And he takes the slap in the face when his sister informs him of their death. In short, his journey of several years only deprived him of his parents, friends and even sis. Not to mention his studies screwed up in the trash. As for immaturity, we do not do better.
Go back to the scene: on the evening of his departure for his world tour, his sister, after her shower, says: "I am doing this again", "Overeacting in hopes that no one sees trough me", "Discovers my secret ... "(her love for MC ??)," MC did exactly why I needed from him ... ", ....." I can't leave things like this .. "," I need to face whatever this is .. "," I'll take to him in the morning. "," If he feels the same way, maybe it's not too late. "," And if he does not, I can try to move on ".
It was enough for the MC to take the pressure off overnight and then discuss their problem with his sister. But I think the DEV needs the brother-sister antagonism to develop the rest of the story.
I will only agree that the MC over did it by going around the world, personally I would have said fuck you and moved on. The reason for him to leave (I do not remember if it is stated openly or it is only what I understood) is that the MC could no longer stay silent and was unwilling to risk destroying his family. It was stupid but the MC is still more likable as a character, we could say it is a likable retard vs a toxic bitch. ;)

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
I just lvoe this thread. The devs went for a semi-realistic approach to how somebody would react to something that happens to him, exaggerated it a bit and *poof*, now one character is either stupid, the most vile creature that ever walked the earth or whatever dastardly abominatin you could come up with.

Seriously, it's nice that you all are getting so engaged with the lore, character development and whatnot but at the end of the day, it's just a game. All these accusations just because a character doesn't develop in a way you personally want it to are quite unnecessary.

Come up with a story on your own where after some serious dispute everything is magically forgiven when she sees him naked/he sees her naked and everything is fine.

Let the story unfold and if "rapeymcface" or whatever moronic name you came up with for Christian shows up because she may have chosen him for her +1, there WILL be a good reason for it. Just accept that.

And asking for an option to assassinate Jaye? Seriously? That's neither funny nor overly smart, that's just plain retarded.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Seriously, it's nice that you all are getting so engaged with the lore, character development and whatnot but at the end of the day, it's just a game. All these accusations just because a character doesn't develop in a way you personally want it to is quite unnecessary.
Well yeah but half the fun is bantering about stupid inconsequent stuff in the games thread. It is an acquired taste that comes with age AKA being a grumpy old fart. You should try it, makes wonders for your health. :p

Come up with a story on your own where after some serious dispute where everything is magically forgiven when she sees him naked/he sees her naked and everything is fine.
I will write the most awesome story about the MC and David (the israeli soldier) whoring around from the street of Spain to the summit of K2. They will steal into the night to ravage the harem of sultans and wake in the arms of an oligarch's wife. Pffff who am I kidding, I suck at writing. :poop:

And asking for an option to assassinate Jaye? Seriously? That's neither funny nor overly smart, that's just plain retarded.
Well if she were to unexpectedly die, you could have more pocket money for blackjack & hookers, just saying.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Imo the problem with Jaye is she doesn't have any redeeming qualities in the eyes of the players.
She's stubborn, obnoxious and not as hot as her girlfriend or the Aspen qts.
Now, the MC loves her and that's fine in the fictitious world of Chasing Sunsets, but we as players don't have much to love about her.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Imo the problem with Jaye is she doesn't have any redeeming qualities in the eyes of the players.
She's stubborn, obnoxious and not as hot as her girlfriend or the Aspen qts.
Now, the MC loves her and that's fine in the fictitious world of Chasing Sunsets, but we as players don't have much to love about her.
She is childish, but I really hope that she will changer her behaviour and with that, she will be the best girl in the game, and I think she is pretty hot (appearance), but yea, her behaviour takes a lil bit her hotness.

Reactions: Anthony2

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Holy shit! Why so much hatred towards poor Jaye?
The answer is simply there are many people who project themselves into the MC, and only want their perfect fantasy to be in the video game. So when they saw Jaye doing something that they don't like, the blame is always on her, not the MC. Many people view adult video games as an escape from their real lives. So they don't want to be challenged in the fictional story because it's uncomfortable to confront themselves (as the MC) as to what role they have in the conflict. If they dig deeper into the characters and their relationships, they'd start noticing that MC had his share of blame which then reduced the level of blame on Jaye. This then led into the unwanted admission that "Hey, maybe Jaye had a reason to behave that way". It's much easier to just consider MC (player) as blameless and place the blame fully on Jaye (not the player) instead.

Personally, I'm really enjoying the conflict between MC and Jaye in this game because it's probably the game that has the most realistic representation of how people actually behaved (nobody is perfect), how relationships works where there can be ups and downs (communication is important, folks), and just like in real life, most of the things are actually grey instead of black or white (unlike in many other games where the female characters are either a love interest to bang or a villain to punish).

I'm extremely interested to see where the story goes and I can't stop being amazed by both devs, one for writing this intricate storyline, the other for bringing that into visual form, and both to create this video game.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
i have a love/hate thing with Jaye. Sometimes I want my MC to make her melt into a happy incestuous snuggle fest, then other times I want him to skullfuck her bitch face till her mascara drips.
Ain't that everyone in this thread?

As soon as we get a drop of character development on her she'll probably melt but that'll be a long time coming.

Reactions: Lord Soth

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
The answer is simply there are many people who project themselves into the MC, and only want their perfect fantasy to be in the video game. So when they saw Jaye doing something that they don't like, the blame is always on her, not the MC. Many people view adult video games as an escape from their real lives. So they don't want to be challenged in the fictional story because it's uncomfortable to confront themselves (as the MC) as to what role they have in the conflict. If they dig deeper into the characters and their relationships, they'd start noticing that MC had his share of blame which then reduced the level of blame on Jaye. This then led into the unwanted admission that "Hey, maybe Jaye had a reason to behave that way". It's much easier to just consider MC (player) as blameless and place the blame fully on Jaye (not the player) instead.

Personally, I'm really enjoying the conflict between MC and Jaye in this game because it's probably the game that has the most realistic representation of how people actually behaved (nobody is perfect), how relationships works where there can be ups and downs (communication is important, folks), and just like in real life, most of the things are actually grey instead of black or white (unlike in many other games where the female characters are either a love interest to bang or a villain to punish).

I'm extremely interested to see where the story goes and I can't stop being amazed by both devs, one for writing this intricate storyline, the other for bringing that into visual form, and both to create this video game.
I totally agree with your analysis of the mechanics of appropriation of the main characters (male - female) by the players, but I am a special case. Myself (definitely a man and ex-French Foreign Legion sniper) I tend to find in Jaye extenuating circumstances despite her rather strong character. At the same time, I find the MC rather immature and impulsive. Read my posts again, you will see that I have a soft spot for Jaye whom I would like to find in an end of the story at peace with his brother. I don't forget what the authors included in their presentation of the VN: "As the story progresses, they will cooperate (or compete) with each other to discover the secrets of their parents' success in business and in love." . Seems clear to me, right?

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020

If you would bother reading the posts here with an unbiased mind you would see that many people who don't like Jaye also view MC as very dumb and immature though that would not suit your feminist agenda right. I myself like to plays immersive games but that thing we call MC is not at all relatable. Doesn't change the fact that Jaye is still a massive bitch to him.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I totally agree with your analysis of the mechanics of appropriation of the main characters (male - female) by the players, but I am a special case. Myself (definitely a man and ex-French Foreign Legion sniper) I tend to find in Jaye extenuating circumstances despite her rather strong character. At the same time, I find the MC rather immature and impulsive. Read my posts again, you will see that I have a soft spot for Jaye whom I would like to find in an end of the story at peace with his brother. I don't forget what the authors included in their presentation of the VN: "As the story progresses, they will cooperate (or compete) with each other to discover the secrets of their parents' success in business and in love." . Seems clear to me, right?
Just to be clear, I didn't disagree with you. I thought Jaye is one of the most interesting character, and also why I'm interested to see where she goes from here.

If you would bother reading the posts here with an unbiased mind you would see that many people who don't like Jaye also view MC as very dumb and immature though that would not suit your feminist agenda right.
LMAO "feminist agenda" ... I guess it's expected from someone who needs to say one cock for this and that over and over again. :sneaky::love::whistle:

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
If the major fault of the MC was being immature would it really count against him, being he a kid or a teenager at the time of these events? What was he when he got away from his parents house, 18? So all the time he spent with Jaye was during his teens.

If anything I thought when the MC decided to distance himself from Jaye in order to prevent her from being bullied as kids was very mature for a kid his age. I imagine if he tried to keep close to Jaye and had became the cause for her being rejected by the other kids, people would blame him for being selfish anyway.

I think MC biggest mistake was the way he acted towards Jaye when he found Christian getting out of her room. Of course he couldn't storm in her room since he had no reason to think something wrong was happening, it was Jaye who invited Christian in after all, but when he meet Jaye in the hallway he should have asked Jaye what has happened before getting mad at her.

That can be hard to do sometimes, but I think we must always give people a chance to explain themselves before lashing out.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020

While your analysis is correct for the point you make, I believe you misunderstood the banter we were having. To clarify, consider the following quote " A character is a set of qualities that make someone or something different from others. Behavior, on the other hand, refers the way of behaving, the actions or reactions you give to others."

The comments back and forth were about character, not behavior. We do not find Jaye's persona agreeable. She may have internal dialogue that shows she loves her brother but her persona is of a toxic individual. So while we were giving examples of actions Jaye made, does were to illustrate character.

Hope I clarified the point.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
To me, the idea that MC or Jaye are just stupid for not communicating is complicated substantially by their sibling relationship.

Clearing through the bullshit is a lot easier when you're just talking to a rando girl at school, but both of them seem conflicted by the fact that their affection is toward a family member.

The original incarnation of My Sister/My Roommate approached the same topic from a somewhat different angle, albeit much later in the game.

I never saw MC and Jaye failing to communicate as being about any particular stubborness or character flaws on their own part, and more about the fact that they both avoid it because of the implications of acting on sibling attraction. I mean, put yourself in either of their places, and think about how awkward (and risky) that conversation with a step-sibling would be.

MC copes by womanizing or removing himself from the family in hopes of scratching (or running from) his itch, and Jaye apparently turns to her friend and buries herself in school to keep her mind off it. Christian may have been an early attempt at Jaye coping MC-style.

I thought Jaye's self-reflection in her shower scene was pretty revealing about how she really feels, and MC outright came clean to Walter later about his own feelings.

I'm curious to see how 5 years of separation have changed them. Looks to me like the devs are going to allow the player to decide how (or if) MC's feelings have changed in five years, while it's clear Jaye's still struggling with it. Also, the concept of "family" has changed somewhat with the passing of the parents: I don't think Jaye and MC are technically siblings anymore by law, and they certainly don't have to worry about acting on attraction causing a family rift anymore.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 306 Votes