4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
With such a patch the complete story wouldnt make a tiny bit of sense...

Stone Fox Studios The prologue was a superp piece of work, well done guys. So well done that i have just now direktly pledged to your parteon. About your Leak of Legends post on patreon: In my exp the most devs get a huge jump on new patreons after thier games are landing here sooner od later, if they are not some kind of stupid idiots und behave like that. So just count yourself lucky :)
Thank you for the kind words and patronage. The only thing we felt a bit bad about was that our patrons only got three hours of exclusivity, but we are ultimately pragmatists, and understand the role F95 and other sites play in getting projects like ours under the public eye. No salt here!

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Thank you for the kind words and patronage. The only thing we felt a bit bad about was that our patrons only got three hours of exclusivity, but we are ultimately pragmatists, and understand the role F95 and other sites play in getting projects like ours under the public eye. No salt here!
With this threee hours your patreons should consider themself as lucky. The last version from OrbOrigins A Mother's Love was leaked here roughly ~5 minutes after release :LOL:

Reactions: MrFriendly

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
With this threee hours your patreons should consider themself as lucky. The last version from OrbOrigins A Mother's Love was leaked here roughly ~5 minutes after release :LOL:

Honestly? I did download the public release. I played
Appreciate it! We both have "day jobs." That said, it's safe to say we still drop 40-60 hours a week into development, so it's effectively a second full-time job.
Sounds really good, please do! Happy to upgrade my pledge on Patreon as soon as you lads deliver more. Im currently just a 1 euro patron. For my own means of course.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
Great game so far.
Some things I thought about though.
I've got sisters and I always call them by their name, not "sis", I don't wanna speak for everyone who has though but just thought it was a bit awkward to read.
And when MC reads the text from that douche, shouldn't there be a lot of unread messages since sis hasn't access to her phone?

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Great game so far.
Some things I thought about though.
I've got sisters and I always call them by their name, not "sis", I don't wanna speak for everyone who has though but just thought it was a bit awkward to read.
And when MC reads the text from that douche, shouldn't there be a lot of unread messages since sis hasn't access to her phone?
It may be an Americanization? "Sis" is pretty common where I'm from, but I do make an effort to be aware of local colloquialisms and minimize them as much as possible. You're the second person to comment on that, so I'll make an effort to avoid it in the future.

Jaye had her phone when she was gone, she just left it under her pillow when she went to shower. In short, she was "up to date" when MC finds it.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
It may be an Americanization? "Sis" is pretty common where I'm from, but I do make an effort to be aware of local colloquialisms and minimize them as much as possible. You're the second person to comment on that, so I'll make an effort to avoid it in the future.

Jaye had her phone when she was gone, she just left it under her pillow when she went to shower. In short, she was "up to date" when MC finds it.
Cool, good to know.
Yea I got that she was up to speed, but what was all the buzzing that made MC aware of the phone?

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Cool, good to know.
Yea I got that she was up to speed, but what was all the buzzing that made MC aware of the phone?
Oh, I see what you're saying. I could come up with something clever like they were voice mails or missed calls, but it was a simple oversight on including a visible explanation for the phone buzzing while MC was sitting there. Good eye!

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
most impressive first release of a game since probably Connected or Summer's Gone. instant top 5 for me.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
One thing about the prologue nags at me story wise. At first it was a small thing, but the more I think about this game, especially after multiple playthroughs, it grew to nag at me more and more. Before I go on though, I do want to say that the story for this game is superb. It has layers upon layers contained within it and it was a joy to play. This is by no means a complaint, just something that nags at me a bit.

What I'm talking about is the fact that Jaye essentially ended her friendship with the MC as it existed because he overheard a conversation and agreed that she should find friends of her own. Now, I can see this changing some relationships if adults or even a teenagers were involved, but essentially ending them? Also, remember they were TEN at the time iirc (met at eight years old, two years later is when the conversation is overheard). I keep thinking to myself, what are the odds a ten year old will essentially end a friendship as deep as theirs was over something that lasted only a day or so? Especially since they're together every day of their lives.

I've raised two kids. I've helped raise at least a dozen others (my wife is one of eleven, heh, there were lots of nieces and nephews). A ten year old rarely holds a grudge even for a week, let alone forever. It doesn't really add up. I have to assume it was artistic license to make the story work as a whole, which is fine. But still it nags at me.

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
One thing about the prologue nags at me story wise. At first it was a small thing, but the more I think about this game, especially after multiple playthroughs, it grew to nag at me more and more. Before I go on though, I do want to say that the story for this game is superb. It has layers upon layers contained within it and it was a joy to play. This is by no means a complaint, just something that nags at me a bit.

What I'm talking about is the fact that Jaye essentially ended her friendship with the MC as it existed because he overheard a conversation and agreed that she should find friends of her own. Now, I can see this changing some relationships if adults or even a teenagers were involved, but essentially ending them? Also, remember they were TEN at the time iirc (met at eight years old, two years later is when the conversation is overheard). I keep thinking to myself, what are the odds a ten year old will essentially end a friendship as deep as theirs was over something that lasted only a day or so? Especially since they're together every day of their lives.

I've raised two kids. I've helped raise at least a dozen others (my wife is one of eleven, heh, there were lots of nieces and nephews). A ten year old rarely holds a grudge even for a week, let alone forever. It doesn't really add up. I have to assume it was artistic license to make the story work as a whole, which is fine. But still it nags at me.
Thanks for the feedback!

There will be a number of supplementary memories that go into further depth on what drove them apart as the game progresses. The Jenna incident was what first came between them, but there were other things, and MC alludes to those later on when he said the pranks just became progressively meaner.

In fact, you'll see the Jenna incident from Jaye's point of view later, after MC left all butthurt. Alex missed some important details by leaving early.

There are SO many nuances we wanted to put into the backstory, but we knew it was already going to be a LOT of exposition for some people as it was.

Part of the challenge for us as storytellers is we have to deliver this in ~10 episodes, AND this isn't just a story about Jaye and Alex. Some air needs to be left in the room for other paths.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for the feedback!

There will be a number of supplementary memories that go into further depth on what drove them apart as the game progresses. The Jenna incident was what first came between them, but there were other things, and MC alludes to those later on when he said the pranks just became progressively meaner.

In fact, you'll see the Jenna incident from Jaye's point of view later, after MC left all butthurt. Alex missed some important details by leaving early.

There are SO many nuances we wanted to put into the backstory, but we knew it was already going to be a LOT of exposition for some people as it was.

Part of the challenge for us as storytellers is we have to deliver this in ~10 episodes, AND this isn't just a story about Jaye and Alex. Some air needs to be left in the room for other paths.
Thanks for the response. I definitely look forward to finding out more.

0Markz0

Donor
Mar 31, 2018
Solid game, story is good and renders are nice. Story is cut down well to add moments later when game is updated hence the reason why it jumps. tanstaafl nice input, but yeah reason behind it might be that they didn't want to add too much into it (feels weird yeah as they live under the same roof). I guess Jaye just had too much fun with her girlfriends and conflicted with her feelings as she was so young so she avoided brother most of the time while at home to keep her mind in other things and telling herself that her brother is just a bully and she doesn't want to play with him (while she knew it was a lie).

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Thanks for the response. I definitely look forward to finding out more.
I wish ya'll could see the stuff left on the cutting room floor. We had a Han Solo action figure to import into DAZ we had to cut because of copyright, for example.

Is this going to be multiple protag then? I don't mind when you tell/show me the other people's perspectives but I don't like playing more than one character, not my cup of tea.

And I hope we don't spend too much time in the past as I want to be in the present and moving the story along...

I know, I ask too much.
No, not multiple protag. In situations where a secondary character is sharing their own truth about something from memory, we may resort to the dreaded flashback rather than rely on dialogue to show their PoV. Those scenes will not involve player agency, they'll simply be a visual representation of what that character saw or experienced from their own perspective.

Most of the next chapter has to deal with the fallout from the deaths of James and Sarah, as well as introduce a new character and her back-story. It will not be anywhere near as exposition-heavy as the Prologue. At that point, the game really begins and the paths open in earnest.

I should point out that relationship earned and decisions made in the Prologue and Chapter 1 still have ramifications later in the game. It's not pointless.

(Oh, and some good fuckery!)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Ah, good. I was worried. Personally I would love to see someone do a VN where it is all from the MC's POV and we aren't allowed to "hear" other character's thoughts. But I know I am weird that way.

I was not thrilled with the witnessing of the sex scene between Tara and Jaye because there was no way for the MC to see it and it felt like a lot of time spent on a scene that wasn't necessary (to me, all my opinion). I'd like it if there was someone else telling the MC something and then we get "wibbley wobbley" and a flashback.

I'm really excited to see where you guys go with the story, which is why my grouchy ass is asking so many questions.

And I am glad the things we did in the prologue will matter. Just remember some men just want to watch the world burn ;)
Glad I stopped playing. I'm not a fan of lez. Or a few other things, like the whole stepdad fucking the mom. That's forced NTR in my opinion. Not a fucking fan at all. But, it's the dev's game. Let him write it how he wants. I'll just wish him well.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Glad I stopped playing. I'm not a fan of lez. Or a few other things, like the whole stepdad fucking the mom. That's forced NTR in my opinion. Not a fucking fan at all. But, it's the dev's game. Let him write it how he wants. I'll just wish him well.
OK, you're by all means allowed to not like lez or a stepdad fucking the mom scene, but don't call that NTR. Both parents are dead and gone and by definition it CANNOT be NTR if neither party to the fucking is a LI of the MC. It just isn't, and we don't need 5 pages of arguing about NTR in this thread.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes