4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

scratchjay

Dec 9, 2019
Damned fine start to a game. Time travels (usually hated) were done well, you get to the point where you feel both sides of the coin while the stories setup plays through. Hated to come to the end so quick, but definitely look forward to the next piece.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
Thanks for the kind words. Quick dev update: All scenes are plotted for Chapter 1, new character designs are completed and merged into the game inventory, dialogue is writing now and DAZ assets inventory looks good so far. We took a week off to recharge, but we're hitting it hard again now!
sorry if you answered before and i failed to find it but how often do you plan to release updates ?

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
sorry if you answered before and i failed to find it but how often do you plan to release updates ?
We're new developers, so it's hard to say. The intro took 4 months with no experience, but we have 4x 3090's on order which is about 10x the total render power we have currently. Chapter 1 is plotted for 11 scenes just like the Prologue, so our hope is that we can hit 90-day release cycles.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
What do the CSPatch folder?
Sorry, I made a quick script patch to correct some typos and forgot to remove the archive before compiling. It's tiny, but doesn't do anything as those fixes are already merged into the game code. I've removed it from future builds. Sorry, not a secret incest patch. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: armion82

Lilsmkr

Nov 24, 2019
can someone tell me if you ever actually meet the sis in this current version so i know if i messed up some where.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
jaye comes across as abit of a bitch she tells tara not to try with the mc then gets with her herself

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
jaye comes across as abit of a bitch she tells tara not to try with the mc then gets with her herself
Are you sure about that? Jaye never told Tara not to try with MC. She was just writing down her feelings about it. In fact, she reasoned with herself that it might be better if it was Tara that got with MC than a stranger.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Nope, but Tara knew she lied. Also I really wish you'd shown us the conversation with Tara after Alex (the MC) left the graduation party. We don't have much character building with her. It might have helped to form a better opinion of her if she was more than the sister's lesbian girlfriend.

And, after going through this game a third time, the prologue really leans too heavily on the brother/sister relationship to the point where it is hard to believe that the MC will ever fuck another woman without picturing his sister (and vice versa). Even after 7 years he seems to not be able to have sex without thinking about her.

I'm looking forward to you proving me wrong with Chapter 1 because right now there is no other path laid out in the prologue beyond an involved story of step-sibling love. The Robert Frost quote reinforces the feeling that this going to be a binary choice of 1) the stepsister or 2) not the stepsister instead of giving us well developed love interests to choose from...

Anyway, not trying to nitpick you to death here... Just would like more scenes of the siblings and their friends, dating other people (and how they reacted to it) than the large backstory on the parents.
Tara's conversation with MC after he left the graduation party will be revealed in detail in Chapter 2.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
How many chapters are you looking at doing for the game?

If you follow the same development time that means we should see the conversation beginning of next year?
Prologue + nine chapters max. There is some flexibility to tell a streamlined story in as few as six chapters, but if the story develops sufficient interest, there are nine full chapters worth of content.

Since we "wrote backwards" from the endings, there is no real path forward to extend beyond those.

It will be interesting to see at the end of the game how you feel about your interpretation of the Robert Frost poem.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
How many chapters are you looking at doing for the game?

If you follow the same development time that means we should see the conversation beginning of next year?
I hope when the new chapter is released, they give us the option to skip the prologue or shorten it. I still can't get through it. But, I guess he doesn't have an answer for the last part of your question.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Didn't you say you kinda don't like this game? And I'm not saying this to jank your chain :> I'm still trying to figure out why the dad/mom scene counts as ntr for you, but that's just a point of opinion and me being quite curios :>

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Didn't you say you kinda don't like this game? And I'm not saying this to jank your chain :> I'm still trying to figure out why the dad/mom scene counts as ntr for you, but that's just a point of opinion and me being quite curios :>
I'm not going to explain my thoughts on NTR again for the millionth time. I also never said that I didn't like this. I said the prologue was like reading War and Peace. It was long and drawn out.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Hope those are long chapters. People seem to like really long and drawn out games for some reason. Personally I like when developers have a plan and stick to it.

As for the Frost poem, the poem is literally about a binary choice. He is at a fork in the road with two ways forward. Obviously it is a metaphor for life and choosing to live a life that is not necessarily the "common path". We shall see if you can live up to quoting one of the greatest American poets of the 20th century (though, that is unlikely, no offense ;))

Yeah, looks like Jaye and Tara on one side and then two other girls on the other side. Maybe Jenna? (the bitchy friend who called Jaye a lost puppy when they were 10) - going by the rule that most characters with names recur in stories/games.

I am curious about that image since quite a few people don't like Jaye or Tara right now, I wonder if that is a required scene or if that is the "dev preferred route" and the player can end up in that scene alone or with only 1-3 people.
It's not a scene from the game, it was a commemorative special render for patrons upon reaching the first 100 mark.

I'll be taking a break from this thread while I work on Chapter 1. Thanks all for your comments and questions.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ah cool... That was one thought I had after I posted but figured I bug you enough with all my inanity that I should just wait to see what you or others say about it.

Looking forward to Chapter 1 and beyond. I wouldn't be so interested in the story if I didn't like the story...
Now you have done it, chased a dev away saying he cannot compare with your greatest poet. :p Nah just kidding.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes