4.60 star(s) 303 Votes

Bay7

Feb 25, 2021
I believe is the base model of Jaye (obviously heavily morphed) and if can recognize, she is in a lot of games.

Reactions: longsuper1

FlyinginTime

Sep 16, 2021
I don't get it. How is Mallory Sarah? She can't be his mom because only 3 months older(then who tf is older Sarah), can't be his real sister because her and older Sarah's DNA match over 90%. The only possibility is cloning. How is that even possible for human? :WutFace::HideThePain:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Unlocked
Dev Update #4 - Sunset in Sight!

Cheers!

I think this is the longest I've gone without a dev update, and for that I offer my sincerest apologies. Kent has been heads-down on the art, and I've been working on integration. As of this moment we're at about 1100 renders complete, and are most of the way through the final story scene of the chapter. To our chagrin, the render times on this last scene have been really long. I'd got to bed with 25 images queued up and find only four had completed overnight. That said, that room is behind us, and the new art is going significantly faster.

So what's left on the to-do list? We have the lewd scenes left to do. Our next step is to content-gather the assets for these scenes and or queue up the animation process. While animation is sourcing, I'll continue to work on integration and path testing, before handing off to beta testers.

Over the next week, Kent and I will be able to start to see the chapter come to life as we do our first playthrough with art integrated, and we're excited to see how it looks in context. Right now, we are shooting for an end of April release.

We again thank all of our friends and patrons for your patience and support as we continue peeling back the layers on the MC's story!

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I don't get it. How is Mallory Sarah? She can't be his mom because only 3 months older(then who tf is older Sarah), can't be his real sister because her and older Sarah's DNA match over 90%. The only possibility is cloning. How is that even possible for human? :WutFace::HideThePain:
Well they have mentioned a Crispr, which is a gene-editing tool. It was said that Mallory was the daughter of some addict so she probably "sold" her to be experimented on by her "father" who was obsessed with Sarah. So she wouldn't technically be a clone, but rather have had gene-splicing performed on her. It was an unsuccessful experiment, though, which may or may not have resulted in her heterochromia. When she didn't mimic the appearance of Sarah as she grew, her "father" started to abuse her and treat her as an unwanted pet because her phenotype and genotype were divergent. Dogs only get fed once a day, he said. There are some holes in this theory. Most specifically that Mallory remembers her mother intervening when her father tried to euthanize her. Who was the woman who she thought was her mother if her mother was some addict that was never in her life? These are questions that are probably going to be answered in the coming chapters.

FlyinginTime

Sep 16, 2021
Well they have mentioned a Crispr, which is a gene-editing tool. It was said that Mallory was the daughter of some addict so she probably "sold" her to be experimented on by her "father" who was obsessed with Sarah. So she wouldn't technically be a clone, but rather have had gene-splicing performed on her. It was an unsuccessful experiment, though, which may or may not have resulted in her heterochromia. When she didn't mimic the appearance of Sarah as she grew, her "father" started to abuse her and treat her as an unwanted pet because her phenotype and genotype were divergent. Dogs only get fed once a day, he said. There are some holes in this theory. Most specifically that Mallory remembers her mother intervening when her father tried to euthanize her. Who was the woman who she thought was her mother if her mother was some addict that was never in her life? These are questions that are probably going to be answered in the coming chapters.
Hey, that's nice. You explained that really clearly. (y)

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
She's not. she said she is Sarah's SISTER.
The teaser at the end of chapter 4 revealed that Mallory had a 99% match with Sarah's DNA.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The story seems to be centering around the advanced uses of CRISPR in completely cloning a person. However some issues arise such as the lack of physical similarities and presence of complete heterochromia indicate that a 99.97% match is impossible. The inclusion of the comment by the Kaili about the similarities between Mallory and Sarah was meant to support the reveal that Mallory is most likely a product of cloning (or extensive genetic modification), but the physical differences are impossible if that's the case.

The mental aspect is a bit more nuanced. Mallory might share similar personality traits to Sarah, but her identity (the euphemisms, humor, etc.) is shaped by the environment she grew up in. It's evident that both Mallory and Sarah are strikingly similar in their personalities (both are empathetic and charitable). I think the truth behind what Mallory really is, whether she's a clone or Sarah's sister, is a lot more complex than what the story has revealed to us so far.

Alternatively, we all could be applying way too much science to a work of fiction (which is probably the most likely thing happening). In the end the underlying genetic identity of Mallory is a plot device to add intrigue to the story rather than being the center of the story. Our main concern as the MC is trying to prove we can fill the shoes of our parents and have a "happy" ending (or a sad ending if you like being a monster).

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Guys as a computer person I want to share this simple "trick" hacker movies taught me. Whenever a fictional character explain something from your area of expertise, replace that explanation with "blabla" or "magic" and you'll suddenly be able to enjoy whatever you're reading.

Oh, that guy just said "dark web"? Let me just turn off my brain for a minute. It works quite well.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Guys as a computer person I want to share this simple "trick" hacker movies taught me. Whenever a fictional character explain something from your area of expertise, replace that explanation with "blabla" or "magic" and you'll suddenly be able to enjoy whatever you're reading.

Oh, that guy just said "dark web"? Let me just turn off my brain for a minute. It works quite well.
I'm sure chemists feel the same way whenever some cop show has an investigator touch some Fentynal they find with their hand and then need to get rushed to the emergency room because they are having an overdose from that incidental contact. Or Lawyers when the actors are just losing their shit and screaming at the witness while the judge watches silently. Or soldiers when somebody steps on an old landmine that doesn't explode instantly and they are stuck with their foot on the stupid thing like they are playing twister.

Reactions: longsuper1
4.60 star(s) 303 Votes