4.60 star(s) 306 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I disagree, I like how Jaye is characterised. I thought the Tara sex scene was really hot. So many feelings in that scene, Tara is into the MC, MC likes Tara but loves Jaye, Jaye is already fucking her Best friend Tara, but she loves the MC. MC and Jaye can’t risk admitting their feelings because of the taboo, meanwhile Tara accepts that side of both of them and willing to make a personal sacrifice to try and make them both happy. The only scene I think competes is Rikka rubbing one out while MC bangs her mum in the ass.
I found Jaye somewhat irritating at first, though the MC was at least as bad. But they both improved immensely in Chapter 2 once she and the MC were finally able to interact like adults without farcical shenanigans interrupting every 10 seconds. At this point my only complaint is having to play along with all the incest material when I just want to treat her like an actual sister and get on with the story.

On a similar note, I hated the Tara sex scene. I don't like clueless protagonists and the MC was in rare form during this one. Plus there's the whole incest by proxy angle, which also fell flat for me. To cap it off, the scene is unskippable; I get why that is since it's plot-bearing, but it didn't do much to endear itself to me.

To each their own, I suppose.

My biggest complaint is similar to the diary one of yours. The game keeps adjusting the story when it doesn’t need to. For example, MC separating from Jaye when he overhears her friends, is a rational decision, justified in the moment, allowing them both to have a more normal life, then we find out actually no the MCs sacrifice is irrelevant and things would have worked out without.
I agree, the game feels a bit like it's gilding the lily at times. I didn't think we needed any additional explanation for why the MC left or why Jaye took his departure so badly. I'd rather focus on how the two handle it now that they're back on the same page.

The other example I didn’t feel was necessary was making the would be rapist have an abusive father, whilst also being asexual. In fact it’s more interesting if he’s a piece of shit who tried to rape Jaye and then you either redeem him or don’t through his actions later on.
To be fair to the game, he is still a piece of shit who tried to rape her. Christian's backstory does not change that.

That said, I do agree that the additional backstory seems unnecessary; he's a minor character and what we already had worked just fine. If you want to show he's mended his ways, do so by showing how and why he's changed. Don't do it by retroactively amending his crimes and/or motivation, it becomes a distraction.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I found Jaye somewhat irritating at first, though the MC was at least as bad. But they both improved immensely in Chapter 2 once she and the MC were finally able to interact like adults without farcical shenanigans interrupting every 10 seconds. At this point my only complaint is having to play along with all the incest material when I just want to treat her like an actual sister and get on with the story.
The reason you can't its because Alex its in love with Jaye, regardless of player choice. Now I haven't explored much of the branching but I am pretty sure Jaye is too on all path, the player choses to go after her or the heritage.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The reason you can't its because Alex its in love with Jaye, regardless of player choice. Now I haven't explored much of the branching but I am pretty sure Jaye is too on all path, the player choses to go after her or the heritage.
Eh, if the MC can potentially leave Jaye to drown, I think it's fair to say there's *some* level of flexibility in his feelings towards Jaye.

But beyond the story for a moment, if a player isn't interested in one of the girls at the halfway mark I don't think it's a good idea to insist the character continue to woo said girl on his own. There has to be some sort of off-ramp for people who don't want Jaye (or Mallory), and I think we're at the point where it should start branching off. Hopefully we'll see how that works in Chapter 5 now that we've had a chance to end both girls' romance paths amicably.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Eh, if the MC can potentially leave Jaye to drown, I think it's fair to say there's *some* level of flexibility in his feelings towards Jaye.

But beyond the story for a moment, if a player isn't interested in one of the girls at the halfway mark I don't think it's a good idea to insist the character continue to woo said girl on his own. There has to be some sort of off-ramp for people who don't want Jaye (or Mallory), and I think we're at the point where it should start branching off. Hopefully we'll see how that works in Chapter 5 now that we've had a chance to end both girls' romance paths amicably.
Ya I'm kinda curious to see how that works with the two girls. In my playthrough I'm all-in on Jaye, and I've basically tried to friend-zone all the other girls. I seem to have a good, friendly relationship with Mallory, but still stuff happens at times, like in the file room where she gets on the MC and flirts with him a bit - like you said, I wonder when we can basically just say 'look, I just want to be friends only' and throttle off of anything sexual with the other girls. Mallory clearly picks up on something going on between MC & Jaye when she packs his lunch, so I would think at some point in the near future she'll "get it". Maybe it's there as a plot device for later? Dunno.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Ya I'm kinda curious to see how that works with the two girls. In my playthrough I'm all-in on Jaye, and I've basically tried to friend-zone all the other girls. I seem to have a good, friendly relationship with Mallory, but still stuff happens at times, like in the file room where she gets on the MC and flirts with him a bit - like you said, I wonder when we can basically just say 'look, I just want to be friends only' and throttle off of anything sexual with the other girls. Mallory clearly picks up on something going on between MC & Jaye when she packs his lunch, so I would think at some point in the near future she'll "get it". Maybe it's there as a plot device for later? Dunno.
I think that there has to be at least a little bit of flirting because in that path the other girl is a romantic foil meant to complicate things and move forward the relationship with the main girl.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I think that there has to be at least a little bit of flirting because in that path the other girl is a romantic foil meant to complicate things and move forward the relationship with the main girl.
Maybe that's the intent. For me on this one, it doesn't even remotely complicate things in the choice department. In terms of hurdles, I'm more curious to see what Lisa does / what her role is in things after she caught them in the act. I think keeping the "taboo" relationship away from the other characters will be the challenge for Jaye & MC, so maybe Mallory will come into play there as well, as I really enjoyed her little teasing comments after she sees Jaye give MC the lunch, especially after she found the note, lol. Kept half-expecting her to start calling Jaye MC's "sister wife" just to fuck with him.

Reactions: NewTricks

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
For whatever reason, MC is expected business wise and family wise and society wise and brain wise to spend
a lot of time with Jaye. It is the expectation from everyone.

People close to MC or Jaye know their mishaps and their issues, they all know by now one huge pile of
team building, family values building, relationship building has to be going on to make the business work and
also make them work. The hermit recluse gig is not there anymore for MC. That life has ended.

We got a very good means to have them work together and spend time together.
They have to save their mom, their mom”s legacy, their family and the business.

Bar rescue/ kitchen nightmeares/hotel hell - here we go!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
On a similar note, I hated the Tara sex scene. I don't like clueless protagonists and the MC was in rare form during this one. Plus there's the whole incest by proxy angle, which also fell flat for me. To cap it off, the scene is unskippable; I get why that is since it's plot-bearing, but it didn't do much to endear itself to me.

To each their own, I suppose.
what pain you give me....:cry::cry:

Reactions: NewTricks

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Maybe that's the intent. For me on this one, it doesn't even remotely complicate things in the choice department. In terms of hurdles, I'm more curious to see what Lisa does / what her role is in things after she caught them in the act. I think keeping the "taboo" relationship away from the other characters will be the challenge for Jaye & MC, so maybe Mallory will come into play there as well, as I really enjoyed her little teasing comments after she sees Jaye give MC the lunch, especially after she found the note, lol. Kept half-expecting her to start calling Jaye MC's "sister wife" just to fuck with him.
Why would she even bother to keep the ''taboo'' relationship a secret from other characters ?
Their relationship is so taboo they could officialy marry if they wanted. Althought i see the appeal of making fun of them.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Why would she even bother to keep the ''taboo'' relationship a secret from other characters ?
Their relationship is so taboo they could officialy marry if they wanted. Althought i see the appeal of making fun of them.
This is the law in the UK

Provided they are aged 21 years or older, step-relatives may marry. However, the younger member of the couple must, at no time before the age of 18, have lived under the same roof as the older person. Neither must they have been treated as a child of the older person's family.”

(According to a very quick Google)

Not sure about the US. This would obviously be a little tricky since they are both the same age, however I’d lean to the side of it being illegal.

That said the taboo from Jaye and MC perspective comes from the fact that they see each other as siblings. Whether they are or aren’t in the eyes of the law, that’s how the feel about each other.

Mallory is also interesting since she‘s a clone. Technically I guess it’s legal since there aren’t any laws about it, however it’s still inbreeding since she is genetically MC’s mother.

Reactions: Razrback16

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
This is the law in the UK

Provided they are aged 21 years or older, step-relatives may marry. However, the younger member of the couple must, at no time before the age of 18, have lived under the same roof as the older person. Neither must they have been treated as a child of the older person's family.”

(According to a very quick Google)

Not sure about the US. This would obviously be a little tricky since they are both the same age, however I’d lean to the side of it being illegal.

That said the taboo from Jaye and MC perspective comes from the fact that they see each other as siblings. Whether they are or aren’t in the eyes of the law, that’s how the feel about each other.

Mallory is also interesting since she‘s a clone. Technically I guess it’s legal since there aren’t any laws about it, however it’s still inbreeding since she is genetically MC’s mother.
While i find it silly to treat step family as incest, after their parents death their shouldn't be a problem legally.
As for my country, we don't have any restrictions with step-family, even cousin/aunt/uncle is legal to marry, funnily enough adoptiv is illegal as they count as direct family, but it is possible if the adoption is annulled.
IIRC incest law in germany covers only relatives in direct line, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and half-siblings.

Yes from their side sure, but that is not really a reason to hide it from others.
Mallory is indeed interesting, i don't think their are any laws regarding clones, so as long as nobody knows all should be fine, practically it is actual incest.

Reactions: always86

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Probably just "perception" mostly, but like "always86" noted above, depending on the applicable laws, it may be forbidden from a legal angle in terms of marriage.

Even though they're not blood related, they were still raised together since very young, so I would imagine there's a stigma there, whether real or perceived. I bet George knows - his behavior so far, at least to me, feels like a parent-figure who can easily see how these two feel about each other, and knows it's not a good ending if they try to deny their feelings for each other and so tries to guide them together for more reasons than just the company angle.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Hey all - gonna read through this a bit but wanted to jump in. I just found this game via Leap Of Faith game and their little character crossover. I loved Leap of Faith and this was similarly billed with reviews.
All I can say is WOW! This has been an amazing ride so far.
Currently in Chapter 2.

I have played a lot of AVNs. I find that I truly enjoy those with a good story and character development. Depraved Awakening is one of my favorites as I Being a DIK and the earlier one Acting Lessons and previously mentioned Leap of Faith.

That all aside, this scene in chapter 2:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hat's off to the writers and devs on this one! Can't wait to dive in to more.

-TL

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
i agree with some of this, the start where they wouldnt talk and shit kept happening to set them back was annoying, i wouldnt say take it out of the game because it makes it better for when stuff actually gets sorted but its definitely frustrating at the time

the other part is weird though, its a incest game and your biggest complaint is incest. its kind of like going to play a NTR game and complaining about NTR. I get its not everyones thing and thats fine but if you download a game with the tag in you cant really complain about it.

Reactions: Penfold Mole
4.60 star(s) 306 Votes