4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I've done my best to play through Chapter 7. It seems my... esoteric playstyle has run headlong into a few bugs, so my impressions may be slightly off base. With that borne in mind, I think the Chapter is very strong, but befitting the numerous Star Wars references, it truly does depend on your point of view.

If you play the game as it was clearly expected to be played, it's a gorgeous spectacle filled with charming character moments and inventive asides. But if you wander off the beaten path and explore some of the other options, the game becomes confusing and frustrating; characters feel isolated, plot threads are lost, and the humor feels mistimed. Like butter draped over too little toast, Chasing Sunsets delivers a rich experience but there's never the satisfying crunch to sink my teeth into.

I don't want to get into a long review when it's clear my perspective is well outside the norm, but here are some highlights of both cases.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here are my thoughts on the "cameo"...

This release comes after Artemis' "awakening" in her VN. Real world it has been month's since her wake up at the end of the last release. Who's to say how many days it has been for her, but she has actually made her appearance in digi.B's VN. If you missed this, please go play the latest release of Artemis right to the very end, and you will see her awake. So yes, It totally counts as a cameo.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Chasing Sunsets - MultiMod Edition (v0.8a (non-Steam) & v0.7a (Steam))
( Steam update coming in a few more minutes )
View attachment 1704575

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

SanchoMod Update (v0.8a - both non-Steam & Steam versions)
CS_SM_Cover.jpg
Go get you some.
1683724795573.png
Links in mod's OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Note: A fresh playthrough is recommended but at a minimum replay Chapter 6 forward. If you find that your save is borked due to the VN's upgrade to RenPy v0.8.3 I've added a "MainMenu" button to the Quick Menu that will allow you to safely and cleanly get back to the Main Menu so you can try another save or start a new playthrough.

Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above).

Regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

SanchoMod Update (v0.8a - both non-Steam & Steam versions)
View attachment 2610364
Go get you some.
View attachment 2610358
Links in mod's OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Note: A fresh playthrough is recommended but at a minimum replay Chapter 6 forward. If you find that your save is borked due to the VN's upgrade to RenPy v0.8.3 I've added a "MainMenu" button to the Quick Menu that will allow you to safely and cleanly get back to the Main Menu so you can try another save or start a new playthrough.

Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above).

Regards and be well.
SanchoMod Steamed now available in the mod's OP.
1683728033521.png

john984

Jun 6, 2020
Is the game harem or later on we will have to choose only one LI ?
In my save I followed everything on the walkthrough but Bianca didn't cum, later I checked the gallery and there's a scene where she cums in the bathroom. Same with Lisa, I got every other scene but not hers.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Here are my thoughts on the "cameo"...

This release comes after Artemis' "awakening" in her VN. Real world it has been month's since her wake up at the end of the last release. Who's to say how many days it has been for her, but she has actually made her appearance in digi.B's VN. If you missed this, please go play the latest release of Artemis right to the very end, and you will see her awake. So yes, It totally counts as a cameo.
He said 'in character', because here she displays a personality, but in her game we know nothing about what she's like yet.

Reactions: ename144

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
He said 'in character', because here she displays a personality, but in her game we know nothing about what she's like yet.
I really think you are splitting hairs here (or is is splitting hares, but no, that would get bloody and messy unless you're a magician). In character literally means "in keeping with someone's usual pattern of behavior and motives."

Artemis is literally a robot who has just been activated. She either has no behavior or motives of any kind because she has programing instead, or, if we are going with the idea that she will be a fully autonomous AI, then she has no USUAL pattern of behavior and motives due to the fact that she is still trying to discover exactly who and what she is, hence she is online searching for answers and was intrigued by the phasing of "awakening" and the lack of conjunctions, both of which seems perfectly within the norm for a newly/recently activated AI

I still say it totally counts as a spoiler. Plus I have previously messaged with SFS regarding cameos and the "AVNCU", and SFS would never have put it in without digi.B's approval due to how much they respect one another.
So yeah, it's a valid cameo.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
I believe George is the executor of their estate, as seen in the last Episode when the MC and Jaye listened in on George and Lisa and George says something along the lines of "Their will wasn't finished so normally I would just split the assets and be done with it, but I am hoping they also reconcile, which falls entirely under my prerogative." So it's all a guessing game, and honestly I doubt we will ever get an answer since it's so far outside of the scope of the plot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
All crossovers with other projects are collaborative, and Digi reviewed and approved Artemis' dialogue and context just as we do when Jaye or Mallory appear in other properties. It was exceptionally cool of him to allow her first self-aware conversation public reveal to be in Chasing Sunsets.

He also approved Amanda's recruitment by Kalupetti Industries in Bad Ending 3.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
All crossovers with other projects are collaborative, and Digi reviewed and approved Artemis' dialogue and context just as we do when Jaye or Mallory appear in other properties. It was exceptionally cool of him to allow her first self-aware conversation public reveal to be in Chasing Sunsets.

He also approved Amanda's recruitment by Kalupetti Industries in Bad Ending 3.
Will there still be more Steam updates coming? I got one this early AM, looks like not much.

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
Will there still be more Steam updates coming? I got one this early AM, looks like not much.
Yes, though no variable updates are planned barring further bugs. There are two additional conversation branch triggers that require revision. These are just flavor text exclusive to the low-love Mallory path and should not affect Sancho’s mod.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes