4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Yall know I love CS, but I gotta complain about something that's been bugging me...

Do any of yall get the feeling that all of the characters have the exact same sense of humor? The puns, the pop culture references, etc... It kind of makes the characters feel a bit homogenous. When I read, I feel like characters should be unique enough that I can forget for a bit that all of it is coming from an author's mind. But when all the characters act the same, it takes me out of it.
I hear what you're saying, but this is pretty common among people I know and tend to hang around, and we're dealing with age ranges covering a 30-year. spread or more.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Irrelevant.

I don't much care for Jaye or Mallory to be honest. And the problem is that the story is so deeply tied to these 2 characters thatthere isn't much (if any at all) left in it if you don't give a shit about them. Therefore I can't bring myself to care all that much about the story either. Everything is out in the open now. There is no mystery left, no questions left to be answered.

I've said it before, if the devs could give Alex a way out of all that crap I would take it faster than a heartbeat. Just let me make a choice to ask for half the estate, give Jaye the company and fuck off to travel the world and leaving all this Tonalu, Polygene, Pregnia, and family drama behind for good. That would be my happy ending (since a Tara ending is unlikely). That sounds like a wondeful plan to me :)
Frankly, Tara could do better than Alex. Find a guy who will fuck her because she is hot and not because she chloroformed him with his sister's panties.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I hear what you're saying, but this is pretty common among people I know and tend to hang around, and we're dealing with age ranges covering a 30-year. spread or more.
Judging by the quality of some posts here, guess you have to widen the range to include 15 jhr old..... ;) :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Frankly, Tara could do better than Alex. Find a guy who will fuck her because she is hot and not because she chloroformed him with his sister's panties.
I think that Alex was trying to be loyal, still filled with the emotion of what had happened with Jaye, and dealing with what felt like a Huge rejection - when Jaye verbally attacked him and hit him repeatedly after he stood up for her and called Christian out.

Tara was already in Hail Mary territory, and she found the one way she might be able to get Alex to shut off his heart and his hurt - just go with his needs.

Tara did not just put Jaye's wet panties on his face, she gave him permission to imagine that he was with Jaye.

How many 18 year old girls are So loyal to their BFFs that they would give their V card to a guy and tell him - oh by the way, it's fine for you to imagine being with my bff, not me, while doing it.

Alex could Never be worth the gift Tara gave him - no guy could.

Jaye was worth it in Tara's eyes and so Tara gave away her V card out of love and loyalty to Jaye, trying to save something precious to Jaye when Jaye's anger had blinded her to the consequences of what she was doing.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
I think that Alex was trying to be loyal, still filled with the emotion of what had happened with Jaye, and dealing with what felt like a Huge rejection - when Jaye verbally attacked him and hit him repeatedly after he stood up for her and called Christain out.

Tara was already in Hail Mary territory, and she found the one way she might be able to get Alex to shut off his heart and his hurt - just go with his needs.

Tara did not just put Jaye's wet panties on his face, she gave him permission to imagine that he was with Jaye.

How many 18 year old girls are So loyal to their BFFs that they would give their V card to a guy and tell him - oh by the way, it's fine for you to imagine being with my bff, not me, while doing it.

Alex could Never be worth the gift Tara gave him - no guy could.

Jaye was worth it in Tara's eyes and so Tara gave away her V card out of love and loyalty to Jaye, trying to save something precious to Jaye when Jaye's anger had blinded her to the consequences of what she was doing.
I've never thought the story from Tara's eyes since I didn't care much about her but wow! When you think it like this Tara is the best of the story without question.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I've never thought the story from Tara's eyes since I didn't care much about her but wow! When you think it like this Tara is the best of the story without question.
Tara is really the long-suffering friend who has been playing telephone with these two mental midgets since the day that Jaye punched her bully and Alex decided to ruin their relationship rather than her popularity. She even allowed herself to be turned into the human equivalent of a masturbation sock in the vain hope that they would work through their shit. She has been a referee for over a decade of this bullshit and to this day she is playing Cyrano De Bergerac to just get them to fuck already. Neither of them deserves her and short of their mom she is the only character who falls into the "too good for this world" territory.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Tara is really the long-suffering friend who has been playing telephone with these two mental midgets since the day that Jaye punched her bully and Alex decided to ruin their relationship rather than her popularity. She even allowed herself to be turned into the human equivalent of a masturbation sock in the vain hope that they would work through their shit. She has been a referee for over a decade of this bullshit and to this day she is playing Cyrano De Bergerac to just get them to fuck already. Neither of them deserves her and short of their mom she is the only character who falls into the "too good for this world" territory.
Tara is the definition of the friend we need, and who we don't deserve.

Jaye has both Tara and Sarah Campbell as role models... it is hard to top that!

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
Tara seems really popular on here but I gotta be honest and say I play the game for Jaye
If she wasn't in it I doubt I would even touch it.
TBH, I also thought like that but when I read/think Tara's POV. I think she deserves some love too.

Not sure about Jaye but I do kinda understand the reasoning of MC. He thought they were both too immature to pursue the relationship and he was right. Though, I think this is only true for Jaye only path. What they did to Tara though, they really have to find a way make it up for her, although I am pretty sure she would forgive them in a heartbeat if they simply ask her forgiveness.

Tara is the definition of the friend we need, and who we don't deserve.

Jaye has both Tara and Sarah Campbell as role models... it is hard to top that!
I think we need to see more Sarah flashbacks. The flashback in Italy was really something else and will have huge impact on story.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I want good things to happen to and for Tara. Lifetime loyalty, Tara for Jaye and I believe, Jaye for Tara, is a rare and precious treasure and should be celebrated.

Here is one way I envision celebrating Tara!

I've thought about epilogue moments as we get closer to the conclusion of Chasing Sunsets and one of the ones I really like/hope for is something like the following:

The MC and Jaye get married (Tara is, of course, Maid of Honor); Jaye gets pregnant on the Honeymoon; 9 months later, Tara is there when Jaye gives birth.

Tara is waiting to see Jaye and the baby when Alex comes and says, 'Aunt Tara, come - we have someone we want you to meet!'

Tara's voice catches and she just nods yes, following Alex into Jaye's hospital room.

Tara starts to enter the room and then stops in the doorway, temporarily overwhelmed at what she sees.

There is this beautiful little girl held by a tired but glowing Jaye who is somehow wreathed by the reds and golds of the light of a setting sun.

Jaye says 'Come say hi to your niece, the newest member of the Campbell family.'

Tara somehow goes from the doorway to Jaye's bedside without taking a step, all while her eyes are focused on the baby in Jaye's arms - noticing fine wisps of red/blonde hair as she approaches.

When she reaches the bedside, Jaye tells Tara that she and Alex picked out the perfect name for the baby, a name that means love and loyalty.

Tara is already reaching to take the baby saying, 'I want to hold her.'

Jaye chuckles and releases her into Tara's arms.

Tara looks first at that perfect little face, seeing hints of both Jaye and Alex as she cuddles her into her chest, then Tara looks back to Jaye who smiles and, once she has Tara's attention, says 'Meet Tara Campbell.'

Tara, not normally given to emotional displays, finds her cheeks wet with tears; she sniffles while smiling at Jaye, then she turns her head to look at the precious baby in her arms and says, ' Hi Tara, I'm your Auntie Tara - your momma and I are going to teach you and show you what it means to be best friends!'

Last edited:

Vaftrudner

May 19, 2022
I want good things to happen to and for Tara. Lifetime loyalty, Tara for Jaye and I believe, Jaye for Tara, is a rare and precious treasure and should be celebrated.

I've thought about epilogue moments as we get closer to the conclusion of Chasing Sunsets and one of the ones I really like/hope for is something like the following:

The MC and Jaye get married (Tara is, of course, Maid of Honor); Jaye gets pregnant on the Honeymoon; 9 months later, Tara is there when Jaye gives birth.

Tara is waiting to see Jaye and the baby when Alex comes and says, 'Aunt Tara, come - we have someone we want you to meet!'

Tara's voice catches and she just nods yes, following Alex into Jaye's hospital room.

Tara starts to enter the room and then stops in the doorway, temporarily overwhelmed at what she sees.

There is this beautiful little girl held by tired but glowing Jaye who is somehow wreathed by the reds and golds of the light of a setting sun.

Jaye says 'Come say hi to your niece, the newest member of the Campbell family.'

Tara somehow goes from the doorway to Jaye's bedside without taking a step, all while her eyes are focused on the baby in Jaye's arms - noticing fine wisps of red/blonde hair as she approaches.

When she reaches the bedside, Jaye tells Tara that she and Alex picked out the perfect name for the baby, a name that means love and loyalty.

Tara looks first at that perfect little face, seeing hints of both Jaye and Alex as she cuddles her into her chest, then Tara looks back to Jaye who smiles and, once she has Tara's attention, says 'Meet Tara Campbell.'

Tara, not normally given to emotional displays, finds her cheeks wet with tears; she sniffles while smiling at Jaye, then she turns her head to look at the precious baby in her arms and says, ' Hi Tara, I'm your Auntie Tara - your mom and I are going to teach you and show you what it means to be best friends!'
I´m not crying... You are crying...

Damn ninjas cutting onions... ;) :giggle:

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023

There is this beautiful little girl held by tired but glowing Jaye who is somehow wreathed by the reds and golds of the light of a setting sun.

Tara, not normally given to emotional displays, finds her cheeks wet with tears; she sniffles while smiling at Jaye, then she turns her head to look at the precious baby in her arms and says, ' Hi Tara, I'm your Auntie Tara - your mom and I are going to teach you and show you what it means to be best friends!'
wink-point.gif

Oct 10, 2022

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Barrazin

Oct 27, 2022

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes