4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I honestly don't see eye to eye with the devs on this decision. Makes her undesirable to me as an LI in the next game to boot ...
I agree with you and already agreed when devs said reasonably early in development that she would not be a LI. It did not sway them then though so pretty unlikely it will do now. In the end their game and their choices, but yeah I would be very careful with including Tara in the new game as a major character as well. Still they have made one of better games on this site in my eyes in the end and almost finished so kudos to devs for that :)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I think the key for the next AVN is going to be the writing.

We already know the devs can do great renders and animations.

SO - what is our back story?

How is the MC introduced?

How many LI's are main LI's versus side girls?

Regarding Tara:

Is there a compelling reason why Tara never made a play for the MC, beyond being Jaye's BFF (IMO - being Jaye's BFF is sufficient for choosing Jaye over the MC)?

* Who are her parents and does their backstory play a part in Tara's decision to honor her BFF and never pursue the MC?

* We know Very little about Tara's family and business dealings... do they have an impact on her decision re: the MC?

What happened to Tara once the MC left for Colorado and then decided to travel the world?

We know so little about Tara post high school and I am unwilling to write her off as a viable LI in the next AVN without knowing much more about Tara, the woman who has changed and grown from the high school graduate who drove the MC to the airport.

For all we know, we could get scenes with Tara and a male or female significant other once the MC and Jaye return to Boston, helping to fill in some of the gaps in her story.

We still have multiple chapters in CS as well as the entire intro & early chapters in the next AVN to paint Tara in additional colors.

I like Tara and want to see the possibilities that remain for her regarding her relationship with Jaye and the MC - all in CS.

I'm looking forward to getting the opportunity to learn more about Tara and have the chance to pursue her as an LI in the following AVN.

Jaye is the compelling choice for me in CS, so I don't see the missed opportunity with Tara that some discuss here.

The only way I would view Tara as a missed opportunity in CS is if I totally rejected both Jaye and Mallory, finding little to nothing in their stories, personalities and character development that made my MC want to pursue them.

I feel the opposite regarding both Jaye and Mallory.

I'm looking forward to the remaining chapters in CS as well as hoped for epilogue moments capturing some of the future for the MC and Jaye/Mallory - one as his chosen partner and the other as their lifelong friend.

Cheers!! :coffee:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
So, Tara was confirmed pretty early on that will not be too much in the story and its more of plot device, people had a lot of time to try to cope with it, but how do Lisa's fans feel about her being in the new game and pretty much getting a confirmation that there will be no Lisa ending here. I for one kinda wanted the power couple ending here...fuck it feels that the more I think about the future game and the decision to use previously introduced characters, the more I hate it. My mind has to be blown away by 0.1, to shake this feeling of impending character assassinations. :HideThePain:

Jun 12, 2020
So, Tara was confirmed pretty early on that will not be too much in the story and its more of plot device, people had a lot of time to try to cope with it, but how do Lisa's fans feel about her being in the new game and pretty much getting a confirmation that there will be no Lisa ending here. I for one kinda wanted the power couple ending here...fuck it feels that the more I think about the future game and the decision to use previously introduced characters, the more I hate it. My mind has to be blown away by 0.1, to shake this feeling of impending character assassinations. :HideThePain:
My Disappointment Is Immeasurable And My Day Is Ruined.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
people and wait a long time for a new version?!?
Yes we wait

I wait
you wait
he/she/it waits
we wait
you wait
they wait

a long time
As Otto implied, it may take a while.

When I play AVNs, I store away a copy of the save folder into a .rar archive on a USB drive once I've played to the end of content available in that version (mainly because I tend to switch between computers, so I never know which one I might play the next version).

My save folder from CS 0.7 was from end of October 2022, while the save folder for 0.8a was from near the end of June 2023. That's about 8 months between the two versions, and that's for the public release.

With that pace in mind, I don't expect the next chapter of CS to arrive this year.... (Most likely early next year, I'd guess; if it's the same dev cycle, it would be February 2024.)

That said, I don't think the devs have come up with an actual expected release date, though.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
How many chapters till this ends? If they are already at the drawing board for the next game, the ending must be close.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Personally I quite like the idea of Lisa and Tara getting into the next project. It felt like a crime that they were not possible main girls here.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I was one of those that had several doubts about making Tara a LI in the next game but ever since it was announced I can't help but smile every time I think about it.

Yes, she have a special connection to Jaye. Enough of a special connection to make a throuple believable if the story invested something in that direction. But that never happened and, as the way things stand now, she does not have that much of a special connection with CS's MC. So it won't feel like settling.

I fucking love Tara and I will love fucking Tara in the next game.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Personally I quite like the idea of Lisa and Tara getting into the next project. It felt like a crime that they were not possible main girls here.
I was one of those that had several doubts about making Tara a LI in the next game but ever since it was announced I can't help but smile every time I think about it.

Yes, she have a special connection to Jaye. Enough of a special connection to make a throuple believable if the story invested something in that direction. But that never happened and, as the way things stand now, she does not have that much of a special connection with CS's MC. So it won't feel like settling.

I fucking love Tara and I will love fucking Tara in the next game.
The problem is that her backstory and connection with Jaye and Alex was so good here that in the next game it either feels like her settling, or in their pursuit of making her new relationship even more epic they run the risk of belittling, or diminishing the relationship that got the fanbase to fall in love with her in the first place. Lets not forget that what she does in this game is no small feat, she loves Jaye and at least had a crush on Alex for 15+ years, she was their firsts, but they were also hers firsts and she sacrifices her feelings for both and goes out of her way to play matchmaker and wingman for them for 5+ years. How do you top that in a new story? How do you make her moving on not feel like her settling for the second best option, since she couldn't have this one? There are so many things that have to be carefully considered that it seems like an impossible mountain to climb in terms of writing. New game also has way more LIs, so even harder to find screen time to build meaningful relationships with everyone...

People love the idea because they think of it only on the surface, but the more you analyze the possibilities you realize that lighting in a bottle should be left alone. Sequels are most of the times worse for a reason, sometimes despite best intentions and double the effort.

I want to be proven wrong on this one soo bad, I guess we will have to wait and see, right not even if I focus on the present I see only downsides, no Lisa ending, possibly no Lisa sex scene going forward(I think Stoya more than implied that she will get one next episode, but that was also before they announced the next game, depending when every detail of that was in the plans he might have changed his mind, Jill in DIK was also last minute addition, maybe Lisa was like that), no Jaye & Tara threesome, no Jaye & Tara throuple ending. No matter how slim the chances for those occurrences were before, now they are zero *sigh*

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes