4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I like Mallory and my first playthrough was her route. But I couldn't shake the feeling that the authors wrote her storyline on a secondary basis. It's as if they didn't actually believe that she would be popular enough to give the redhead beauty a good run for her money. So it feels like for the sake of the release schedule, all the best bits of the plot went to Jaye and the leftovers to Mallory.

Just watch the prologue of the main story. This is a touching story of the innocent childhood love of two half-siblings, paralleled by a romance between their parents that develops into a happy marriage. Authors constantly play with the emotions of readers, emotionally attaching them to the characters. First love, first lust, first jealousy, feeling of betrayal, misunderstanding, tragedy, feeling of powerlessness, I want to tap on the keyboard to get through to this idiot MC "Just talk to her, moron!"

The MC's stupid escape, which lasted for many years. When the adult MC returns to the city and meets Jaye after these years, all those feelings and emotions that the authors carefully planted in the reader’s mind in the prologue, come to the fore. They have a long shared history.

And what about Mallory? Yes, they had a few moments when they saved the wolf cub and later, but this is a good basis for mutual sympathy, maybe for a fling, but this does not compare to his love story with Jaye. Yes, Mel gets her little bit of a childhood drama later on in the intro about her and Amanda, but again, it looks a little dull compared to the MC and Jaye's story.

It is difficult for her to compete with Jaye for the sympathy of readers given such unequal starting conditions.
Just so. The devs clearly built the game around Jaye, to the point that even if the MC rejects her he's still allegedly in love with her - just too scared or too dense to act on it. Mallory was only included because they knew the game needed more than one LI, partially to give a token choice for playability, but mostly so they could tease the possibility of somehow getting both girls.

To their credit, Mallory is a good character in her own right. They could have, and IMHO should have, let her stand on her own and left Amanda as another side-girl. Instead they made Amanda a crucial part of Mallory's romance in a misguided effort to justify the eventual threesome. :mad: Not one of their better decisions.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Sorry , I play for Jaye and Mal but I am sure that in early pages ppl are making competition between Jaye and Tara and who is the best , and Mc have sex scene with her , So I think she can be LI , NO ?? and why Not ? :unsure:
But NO Lisa That is unfair :cry::cry::cry::cry::sleep:
I only started playing this game earlier this year, but after extensive reading in this thread and some other places I came to the conclusion that Tara was only a one-time thing in the past and Lisa is only a fling in the present time.
You can't choose Tara or Lisa as real LIs in the game, but only Jaye and Mal. In fact, I'm not even sure there's a chance we will see another sex scene with Tara in the future or if that flashback super early in the game was the only thing we'll ever get to see with her in this game. Have the devs explicitly commented on this?
Anyway, Tara is almost forgotten in the story despite the very important role she played in the past and the fact that she's still Jaye's best friend.
Jaye is my favourite, so I'm good in that regard, but Tara is my second favourite girl and I believe her role in the story is disappointing and a wasted opportunity. It would have made much more sense than Amanda's involvement on Mal's path, in my opinion.
I won't even touch on Tara and Lisa's being LIs in the next game; that's... indescribable.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
All of the women in this game are attractive. It is unlikely and difficult for a dev to put unattractive characters in games. Much like a movie or TV show, you rarely see an unattractive person unless they have something specific to offer. It is funny reading all the comments about how horrible it is that <my favorite LI> was screwed over by the devs in this story. I keep waiting for a legitimate critique of the story and its characters that doesn't involve ridiculous bias.

The story is about the MC and Jaye. Everyone else is secondary to the story. If the story were about how the best friend and MC should've been together, Tara would have a bigger role. If the story were about how the MC fell in love with the CEO of his parents' company, then Lisa would be the focus. But this is "the story of step-siblings reconnecting and dealing with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths." Not the story of how step-siblings deal with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths and meet an intrepid reporter and she changes their lives!

Yes, Mallory is secondary in the story. She is a love interest but not the focus of the story. She plays a major role in the telling of a story about two siblings coming to grips with their parents' death and how they are thrust into running a major corporation together. Despite Mallory being secondary, a good amount of the story concentrates on the feelings growing between the MC and Mallory and how she fits into the corporation run by the MC's parents. But that isn't the story. This is a love story about Jaye and the MC.

Now, there is something off about the Mallory/Amanda/MC relationship. It does feel a bit forced. Although, Amanda's personality and life experience play well into the awkwardness. It doesn't quite explain everything and many players are left with the feeling that something is not quite right. I do not believe that is because Mallory is secondary in the story or that the devs did not focus more on her character development.

I would love to see some honest critiques of why the secondary characters should be the primary story. Something other than, "She's my favorite." :ROFLMAO:

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
All of the women in this game are attractive. It is unlikely and difficult for a dev to put unattractive characters in games. Much like a movie or TV show, you rarely see an unattractive person unless they have something specific to offer. It is funny reading all the comments about how horrible it is that <my favorite LI> was screwed over by the devs in this story. I keep waiting for a legitimate critique of the story and its characters that doesn't involve ridiculous bias.

The story is about the MC and Jaye. Everyone else is secondary to the story. If the story were about how the best friend and MC should've been together, Tara would have a bigger role. If the story were about how the MC fell in love with the CEO of his parents' company, then Lisa would be the focus. But this is "the story of step-siblings reconnecting and dealing with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths." Not the story of how step-siblings deal with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths and meet an intrepid reporter and she changes their lives!

Yes, Mallory is secondary in the story. She is a love interest but not the focus of the story. She plays a major role in the telling of a story about two siblings coming to grips with their parents' death and how they are thrust into running a major corporation together. Despite Mallory being secondary, a good amount of the story concentrates on the feelings growing between the MC and Mallory and how she fits into the corporation run by the MC's parents. But that isn't the story. This is a love story about Jaye and the MC.

Now, there is something off about the Mallory/Amanda/MC relationship. It does feel a bit forced. Although, Amanda's personality and life experience play well into the awkwardness. It doesn't quite explain everything and many players are left with the feeling that something is not quite right. I do not believe that is because Mallory is secondary in the story or that the devs did not focus more on her character development.

I would love to see some honest critiques of why the secondary characters should be the primary story. Something other than, "She's my favorite." :ROFLMAO:
So , what you mean is that "the primary Main girl in a game should be the one and Only Li " , Right ?

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I only started playing this game earlier this year, but after extensive reading in this thread and some other places I came to the conclusion that Tara was only a one-time thing in the past and Lisa is only a fling in the present time.
You can't choose Tara or Lisa as real LIs in the game, but only Jaye and Mal. In fact, I'm not even sure there's a chance we will see another sex scene with Tara in the future or if that flashback super early in the game was the only thing we'll ever get to see with her in this game. Have the devs explicitly commented on this?
Anyway, Tara is almost forgotten in the story despite the very important role she played in the past and the fact that she's still Jaye's best friend.
Jaye is my favourite, so I'm good in that regard, but Tara is my second favourite girl and I believe her role in the story is disappointing and a wasted opportunity. It would have made much more sense than Amanda's involvement on Mal's path, in my opinion.
I won't even touch on Tara and Lisa's being LIs in the next game; that's... indescribable.
But that is Not Fair... Unfair... Fair NOT , please dear Dev Have Mercy 852860456334262282.gif
and BTW I play many Unique Great games in which there is a main character Girl the whole story is built on her but she is NOT the only LI in the game and the game goes very smoothly , SO WHAT ?:cry::cry::sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
It would be nice if this was the kind of game where any of the LIs would be a valid choice to end up with but the structure of the story just doesn't support it. It is pretty much a "chicken or steak" kind of decision, although I do think that if you screw up both the chicken and the steak you will end up with one of the other girls being the fish dish. My money's on the British gal pal who stole MCs dick, but your mileage may vary. It would be nice if you could be with the sushi chef or peanut, but there just isn't enough meat on the bones of the story. Tara has a history with him, but not a future, and he would just be cruising for a bruising with the mother/daughter duo.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Let's assume that everyone tells the story they want.

But Tara's role in the relationship between Jaye and mc is much more important than Amanda's role, and this despite the fact that Tara was at one point banned from the story and confined to mobile phone messages. It was a choice like that to force Amanda's presence in the group (as had also been done for Mallory before) . I don't think it is among the priorities of a company under attack to test unapproved treatments on a stranger.

I don't see any need why the story had to go in this direction, it was just a choice.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Let's assume that everyone tells the story they want.

But Tara's role in the relationship between Jaye and mc is much more important than Amanda's role, and this despite the fact that Tara was at one point banned from the story and confined to mobile phone messages. It was a choice like that to force Amanda's presence in the group (as had also been done for Mallory before) . I don't think it is among the priorities of a company under attack to test unapproved treatments on a stranger.

I don't see any need why the story had to go in this direction, it was just a choice.
While I like Tara's character (despite the ridiculous hair) more than Amanda's, Amanda's role in the story seems more important to me. Tara added flavor to the Jaye/MC story. Amanda's role deepens and broadens the story with Mallory and the aspect of the story about the corporation.

I have to completely agree that a major pharmaceutical company would never test an unapproved treatment on a human patient. It is one part of the story that fails the reality test. But dammit, the women are just so hot that I am willing to overlook it! ;)

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
So , what you mean is that "the primary Main girl in a game should be the one and Only Li " , Right ?
Well, if you mean that Jaye should be the one and only, of course! Look at her!

Nah, I love that the devs gave us the choice. Some people might be completely against Jaye as an LI considering their relationship. Mallory is hot. She is. But Jaye...Jaye is one of the hottest women I have ever seen in a VN. On the other hand, I realy appreciate the love that grows between Mallory and the MC. It is endearing. While the love between Jaye and the MC is deep and overwhelmingly honest. The kind of love I would kill for.

But choices are wonderful! Especially when we get two world-class women to choose from!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While I like Tara's character (despite the ridiculous hair) more than Amanda's, Amanda's role in the story seems more important to me. Tara added flavor to the Jaye/MC story. Amanda's role deepens and broadens the story with Mallory and the aspect of the story about the corporation.

I have to completely agree that a major pharmaceutical company would never test an unapproved treatment on a human patient. It is one part of the story that fails the reality test. But dammit, the women are just so hot that I am willing to overlook it! ;)
If you increase a character's 'on-stage' time, it is normal that his or her importance increases, the same happened with Lisa, captain Tanaka and Bianca. But Amanda didn't answer any questions that we had outstanding.

Suddenly Mallory brings aboard this childhood friend of hers with a very serious genetic disease and 'morally blackmailing' them into taking care of her.
The only addition to Mallory's character was a supposed bisexuality....

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
OMG , That's the spirit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:love: :love: :love:
Gotta love Jaye's fire! Those redheads!
Personally, I am a dark-haired beauty fan. But Jaye, I think I might be in love with her!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes