4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Well, if you mean that Jaye should be the one and only, of course! Look at her!

Nah, I love that the devs gave us the choice. Some people might be completely against Jaye as an LI considering their relationship. Mallory is hot. She is. But Jaye...Jaye is one of the hottest women I have ever seen in a VN. On the other hand, I realy appreciate the love that grows between Mallory and the MC. It is endearing. While the love between Jaye and the MC is deep and overwhelmingly honest. The kind of love I would kill for.

But choices are wonderful! Especially when we get two world-class women to choose from!
Hey , Jaye is my 1st choise also No doubt But I love to play the great games as many times of the gorgeous girls , Meaning I can play it For Jaye Only then for Lisa only and so on and it is very easy thanks for pressing right control button you need to study the game only one time then play it again easy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 12, 2020
All of the women in this game are attractive. It is unlikely and difficult for a dev to put unattractive characters in games. Much like a movie or TV show, you rarely see an unattractive person unless they have something specific to offer. It is funny reading all the comments about how horrible it is that <my favorite LI> was screwed over by the devs in this story. I keep waiting for a legitimate critique of the story and its characters that doesn't involve ridiculous bias.

The story is about the MC and Jaye. Everyone else is secondary to the story. If the story were about how the best friend and MC should've been together, Tara would have a bigger role. If the story were about how the MC fell in love with the CEO of his parents' company, then Lisa would be the focus. But this is "the story of step-siblings reconnecting and dealing with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths." Not the story of how step-siblings deal with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths and meet an intrepid reporter and she changes their lives!

Yes, Mallory is secondary in the story. She is a love interest but not the focus of the story. She plays a major role in the telling of a story about two siblings coming to grips with their parents' death and how they are thrust into running a major corporation together. Despite Mallory being secondary, a good amount of the story concentrates on the feelings growing between the MC and Mallory and how she fits into the corporation run by the MC's parents. But that isn't the story. This is a love story about Jaye and the MC.

Now, there is something off about the Mallory/Amanda/MC relationship. It does feel a bit forced. Although, Amanda's personality and life experience play well into the awkwardness. It doesn't quite explain everything and many players are left with the feeling that something is not quite right. I do not believe that is because Mallory is secondary in the story or that the devs did not focus more on her character development.

I would love to see some honest critiques of why the secondary characters should be the primary story. Something other than, "She's my favorite." :ROFLMAO:
The forbidden fruit is always more delicious.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I would love to see some honest critiques of why the secondary characters should be the primary story. Something other than, "She's my favorite." :ROFLMAO:
I'd call that a straw man, buddy.
Asking for Tara not to vanish from the game, and asking for a chance to maybe have some more romantic interactions with her, is not asking for her to become the primary character in the story.
Jaye is by far the most important female character in the game; it would be ridiculous to deny it and I don't think anyone would. Now, that wouldn't need to mean that Jaye should be the main or even the only romantic option, which is proved by the fact that the devs offered Mallory as an alternative. Jaye would always be at the centre of the main story and working side by side with the MC even if Tara was presented as a viable secondary romantic option. I think Tara is an important enough person in the main characters' lives to have been given at least that chance.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'd call that a straw man, buddy.
Asking for Tara not to vanish from the game, and asking for a chance to maybe have some more romantic interactions with her, is not asking for her to become the primary character in the story.
Jaye is by far the most important female character in the game; it would be ridiculous to deny it and I don't think anyone would. Now, that wouldn't need to mean that Jaye should be the main or even the only romantic option, which is proved by the fact that the devs offered Mallory as an alternative. Jaye would always be at the centre of the main story and working side by side with the MC even if Tara was presented as a viable secondary romantic option. I think Tara is an important enough person in the main characters' lives to have been given at least that chance.
especially considering the alternatives that were proposed to us afterwards.

if the game had remained a Manichean choice between Jaye and Mallory it would have been one thing, simple story, but understandable choice.

instead now the hypothesis with both LIs is held up , a trouple from "Wish" is built on Mallory, and suddenly every secondary character has their moment in the spotlight (I still wait for the bartender/driver to fulfill her promise and wait for Fiona)

I see potential wasted

Oct 10, 2022
Alright i decided to re-do my "cameos in the Chasing Sunsets/ARTEMIS/Leap of Faith AVN shared universe timeline". THIS TIME WITH IMAGES OF THE CAMEOS!
(spoiler tags to make post smaller)

As of Late-August 2023:

1- Jaye in Summer Scent since she mentions her parents as still being alive (although i consider this AVN as not being part of the shared universe, imma add it here for continuity)
2- Jaye at the harbor in Leap of Faith where she talks to the LoF MC and takes a selfie with Lexi.
3- Lexi's selfie with Jaye is sent to Tara.
4- DJ Kink (Kindra) appears in LoF and kisses the MC, mistaking him for the ARTEMIS MC
5- Kindra calls Lexi to ask for a favor and shows her the ARTEMIS MC, telling her she "also had one at home" and Lexi mistakes him for the LoF MC (meaning this cameo is after a "Lexi Ending" in LoF, however that doesn't mean this is the canon ending)
6- In Ch.7 of Chasing Sunsets, Artemis talks to Amanda in a group chat.
7- The Siblings from Summer Scent talk with Jaye on advice with her "relationship" (again i personally don't consider this game as part of the shared universe)

Unknown point- Christine (Sea) LoF MC's half-sister appears in U4IA as a possible LI, still clumsy as ever (this is considered as part of the shared universe since it's a direct sequel to LoF)
Jaye and Mallory in Single Again

Lexi and Cece in Fog of War

Cece in Dreams of Reality.
Cece in Beyond Tomorrow

This post will be updated as more cameos happen.
So you think I am gonna play at least 3 other games because Cece in it?

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
View attachment 1416588
Chasing Sunsets [v0.8a] Walkthrough & Cheat Mod

Features:

Installation:

Note: If the quick menu is not showing, press "Q" on the keyboard.

Note: I recommend re-starting the game from Chapter 6, to get the best choices for Harem Route.

Download: -

As always, if you like the game, please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .
mixdrop link doesn't work

Aug 29, 2023
So I started playing this game only because of the Jaye cameo in Leap of Faith, buy boy I'm sure glad I did. Even though I prefer character driven stories over plot driven ones because LI choices make more sense that way, this story is still very enjoyable and the characters are very likeable and diverse. I really like most of them but have to give an edge to Tara just for her intro scene on her car, hard to top that. I have played the current content a couple times and only have 2 minor critiques. First I hated that I am not allowed to dive and save Jaye when she goes overboard if you are competing with her, I mean she is still MC's sister and only family left, no sibling rivalry will get on the way of saving their life. Second was when I did a no sex route (yea don't ask me why) Mallory still forces herself on MC during the scene where MC is writing in his journal recapping the last few weeks on the last chapter, even when I friendzoned both her and Jaye. Not sure if it was a bug or I did something wrong without realizing it. Anyway really good story and can't wait for next chapter to see how things turn out.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
mixdrop link doesn't work
The security certificates used with Mixdrop seem to be a bit flaky... access can be compromised by the country you live in, the browser you use or the AV / security software you use. :(

Using the Patreon link is the easiest... click on the link, right click on the link of the updated mod & save to the directory where your game is. :)

Reactions: Krynh

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So I started playing this game only because of the Jaye cameo in Leap of Faith, buy boy I'm sure glad I did. Even though I prefer character driven stories over plot driven ones because LI choices make more sense that way, this story is still very enjoyable and the characters are very likeable and diverse. I really like most of them but have to give an edge to Tara just for her intro scene on her car, hard to top that. I have played the current content a couple times and only have 2 minor critiques. First I hated that I am not allowed to dive and save Jaye when she goes overboard if you are competing with her, I mean she is still MC's sister and only family left, no sibling rivalry will get on the way of saving their life. Second was when I did a no sex route (yea don't ask me why) Mallory still forces herself on MC during the scene where MC is writing in his journal recapping the last few weeks on the last chapter, even when I friendzoned both her and Jaye. Not sure if it was a bug or I did something wrong without realizing it. Anyway really good story and can't wait for next chapter to see how things turn out.
I believe it is technically possible to avoid Mallory's sex-during-montage scene, but it requires some drastic actions. The first option would be to recommend *AGAINST* treating Amanda in Chapter 4; combined with turning Mallory down at the end of Chapter 3, this will kill her romance path for good. The second option is to say you feel appalled by the reveal of Mallory's genetics in Chapter 5, which will likewise sever the romance option regardless of your previous choices. (The third option would be to say you slept with Mallory only to help her during the morning after conversation in Chapter 6, but that would require sleeping with her first so it presumably wouldn't work for a no sex run.)

As long as you've killed the romance path, you won't be grandfathered into the sex scene with Mallory at the end of Chapter 7; it will still be implied the MC is fooling around with Lisa instead, but it's specified they've stopped short of sex thus far. Unfortunately, anything less than scorched earth with Mallory is interpreted as having an open relationship with her. It's a very frustrating side effect of the way the game was coded.

The devs unquestionably put a lot of effort into the game, but they've always struggled with how to handle players turning down girls; they try to infer our intentions without asking us directly, but there just isn't enough granularity to handle all the potential outcomes. I guess they didn't think anyone genuinely played these games for the story. :(

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
I believe it is technically possible to avoid Mallory's sex-during-montage scene, but it requires some drastic actions. The first option would be to recommend *AGAINST* treating Amanda in Chapter 4; combined with turning Mallory down at the end of Chapter 3, this will kill her romance path for good. The second option is to say you feel appalled by the reveal of Mallory's genetics in Chapter 5, which will likewise sever the romance option regardless of your previous choices. (The third option would be to say you slept with Mallory only to help her during the morning after conversation in Chapter 6, but that would require sleeping with her first so it presumably wouldn't work for a no sex run.)

As long as you've killed the romance path, you won't be grandfathered into the sex scene with Mallory at the end of Chapter 7; it will still be implied the MC is fooling around with Lisa instead, but it's specified they've stopped short of sex thus far. Unfortunately, anything less than scorched earth with Mallory is interpreted as having an open relationship with her. It's a very frustrating side effect of the way the game was coded.

The devs unquestionably put a lot of effort into the game, but they've always struggled with how to handle players turning down girls; they try to infer our intentions without asking us directly, but there just isn't enough granularity to handle all the potential outcomes. I guess they didn't think anyone genuinely played these games for the story. :(
I believe there's also a dialogue option in the storage room when discussing her father that will prevent her from coming to your room at night, making sure the path doesn't trigger + no point loss. At least that works for me, whenever I try to avoid Mallory. As always, I'm open to be proven wrong.

Reactions: Papito el Bello

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Damn reaction limit (y)
Great review bro, I also get annoyed when the MC in a game starts to act completely out of my direction, it immdiately breaks my immersion in the story, and I just continue to follow what is happening as a side observer rather than acting player.

So that's when I have to keep telling myself that this isn't a story in the making, it's still a novell, albeit with a limited number of alternate plotlines. I think it's not the devs' malicious intent to kill Jaye off in front of shocked players, it's their slightly clumsy way of limiting the excessive branching that game was getting with each chapter and focus on the main paths to get to the end of the story within a reasonable time.

And I totally agree with your point, this is completely contrary to the character of the Alex we have seen so far, he will never stand still and watch his sister die, even if they are rivals and he holds a grudge.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I believe there's also a dialogue option in the storage room when discussing her father that will prevent her from coming to your room at night, making sure the path doesn't trigger + no point loss. At least that works for me, whenever I try to avoid Mallory. As always, I'm open to be proven wrong.
That's possible. It's also possible you could avoid her path if you drive your points with her low enough. Unfortunately, It's difficult to tell for certain from the walkthrough; the game has a really bad habit of setting a flag in a given scene, then forgetting to set that same flag in logically consistent ways if you missed the scene. I know you can kill Mallory's path if you refused to help with her 'therapy,' but I'm not sure you'll still kill the path if you avoided the opportunity to refuse her. o_O

Why doesn't anyone talk about Erica? she's my favourite side girl.

:unsure::unsure:
Mine too, but there doesn't seem to be much to say about her. The MC showed no interest in starting an actual relationship with her while he was visiting, and he never tries to contact her afterwards; it's always Erica who texts him. AFAICT the MC sees her as a one night stand... just like the devs. :cry:

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes