4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
How long will it take for an update to be made? I do not know . Anyone who knows?
CS updates are about every 6 months now.

IF this holds for the next release, we are looking at late May.

Their dev logs have Not made any commitment to a particular deadline for this rev, so May is just a rough estimate from a fan.

Cheers!! :coffee:

EridianX

Jul 24, 2018
So i'm a bit confused on a few things and i don't know if this has been answered somewhere before or not but i could not find much on this when i looked around a bit. Does the open relationships with Jaye and Mallory mean actually open, or is that just meant as a choose later kind of thing? Like is there going to be a forced choice of okay you have to choose one now, later down the road?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
So i'm a bit confused on a few things and i don't know if this has been answered somewhere before or not but i could not find much on this when i looked around a bit. Does the open relationships with Jaye and Mallory mean actually open, or is that just meant as a choose later kind of thing? Like is there going to be a forced choice of okay you have to choose one now, later down the road?
No one can know. I believe there will be a final choice, but there could also be an ending with both, after all, the end is not far away.

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You mean from the MC not being able to choose?
I can understand that they don't want a man whore!
I mean that if Mc is in an open relationship with both of them, the girls are aware of it. so an ending where this shared decision becomes fatal would be a trap, it remains a possible option anyway

Different is the case, however, where fatal was a "hidden" betrayal

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Bah... It's not badly written, it's not something that annoys when playing it. But it remains very cartoonish, not its strong point. It would have deserved the award for best looking
I guess it depends on what they mean by writing. Chasing Sunsets has excellent dialog, and the narration is smooth and stylish. But the actual plotting is pretty mediocre because it refuses to venture beyond arms reach of cheap innuendo and legally-not-classified-as incest.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Bah... It's not badly written, it's not something that annoys when playing it. But it remains very cartoonish, not its strong point. It would have deserved the award for best looking
I guess it depends on what they mean by writing. Chasing Sunsets has excellent dialog, and the narration is smooth and stylish. But the actual plotting is pretty mediocre because it refuses to venture beyond arms reach of cheap innuendo and legally-not-classified-as incest.
The writing used to be really good in the earlier seasons, but it's quality has been dropping consistently in the last 3 updates.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
here, for me for example a flaw in writing is this getting still caught up in the genetic issue, which I doubt really interests anyone.

However, despite this I still want to know how it will end (not the genetic issue), so it means that it has done its job well.

however, it remains a simple comic book story, where a super-rich guy goes around the world learning how to fight from a war veteran, then comes home to find himself embroiled in an industrial war.

you can write it just fine, but it remains a comic book story and not a hardcover story

Reactions: DavDR

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The writing used to be really good in the earlier seasons, but it's quality has been dropping consistently in the last 3 updates.
almost all stories do this

putting up interesting premises, charismatic characters, is relatively easy, then pulling the threads of the story together well is much more complicated

the ending is worth much more than half of the whole story

Reactions: vireker and DavDR

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
here, for me for example a flaw in writing is this getting still caught up in the genetic issue, which I doubt really interests anyone.

However, despite this I still want to know how it will end (not the genetic issue), so it means that it has done its job well.

however, it remains a simple comic book story, where a super-rich guy goes around the world learning how to fight from a war veteran, then comes home to find himself embroiled in an industrial war.

you can write it just fine, but it remains a comic book story and not a hardcover story
There's nothing wrong with writing a "comic book story" as you put it. The problem is this could have been a good comic book story, but it's apparently lost interest in the plot so now it's mainly looking for excuses to add two-page pinup art splashes. :(

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There's nothing wrong with writing a "comic book story" as you put it. The problem is this could have been a good comic book story, but it's apparently lost interest in the plot so now it's mainly looking for excuses to add two-page pinup art splashes. :(
I did not explain myself well. It was to emphasise the difference between good writing and plot. The plot of CS as a comic is fine, the quality of writing quite

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes