4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The tests aren't wrong though, the lab workers mix up the samples and run the wrong sample for Jaye's test since they are in a hurry to grab drinks and run the other sample which also has the J.C letters on it. They don't say it outright, because it will be breaking Patreon's rules, but they imply it in their own way.
That scene means absolutely little because we don't know who they were testing. Once you mix up the samples, anything can happen.

Most importantly: who gives a damn? With one chapter to go...

Reactions: ename144

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
That scene means absolutely little because we don't know who they were testing. Once you mix up the samples, anything can happen.

Most importantly: who gives a damn? With one chapter to go...
One sample was Jaye's that's why she says the test came back negative, but the epilogue shows that the samples got mixed up during testing. Homie, your reading comprehension gets worse with each day. :rolleyes:

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
Chapter 7. Jay and Mallory are sitting on a bench. Jay say "you never knew my mom....but if you did, i think you'd be proud to know that she lives on in you"
SHE LIVES ON IN YOU.......WTF?
Now my brain is completely broken... if Mallory is Sarah's clone, but at the same time she is also Jay's deceased biological mother, then it turns out... Jay's mother and Sarah are the same person? How is this possible??? Or am I stupid and don't understand something?

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I'm through chapter 6 and my head is a mess. The biggest problem of the game is the dialogue in which the characters constantly (or rather, almost always with rare exceptions) do not finish speaking, speaking in sarcasm and idioms that not everyone understands.
As a result, I was never able to understand which of the women was genetically related to whom. First, Amanda tells Mallory that according to Sarah's files, there is one child conceived with the help of Pregnya and a donor egg. It was previously said that Mallory is a genetic copy of Sarah. So Devon has already implanted the same egg into his wife?
We are also shown a scene where Sarah and her husband say “your sister is more than a miracle” (or something like that). At the same time, they are alone. Who is Jay's sister? Then at the briefing Jay finds out the truth, she runs away and the player is again not given an answer who Jay is.
Mallory is Sarah's clone. Otherwise, I am completely confused about which of the girls is genetically related to whom and what Devon did.
Please clarify.
The confusion about who is blood related to who is actually the point, it's an ongoing plotline that hasn't been resolved yet. When MC and Jaye's mother was talking about a sister, she was talking TO the MC ABOUT Jaye.

Reactions: tslojr

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
The confusion about who is blood related to who is actually the point, it's an ongoing plotline that hasn't been resolved yet. When MC and Jaye's mother was talking about a sister, she was talking TO the MC ABOUT Jaye.
From what i can recall wasn't it stated that Mallory is technically his aunt? And also he said he was fine keeping the relationship going since they met before finding that out.

I'll have to replay the game eventually to remember what was actually said.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
From what i can recall wasn't it stated that Mallory is technically his aunt? And also he said he was fine keeping the relationship going since they met before finding that out.

I'll have to replay the game eventually to remember what was actually said.
mallory is not his aunt. She is a form of genetic engineering(really confusing form of cloning)of his mother.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
One sample was Jaye's that's why she says the test came back negative, but the epilogue shows that the samples got mixed up during testing. Homie, your reading comprehension gets worse with each day. :rolleyes:
I daresay yours does as well, friend, at least on this specific point. The epilogue does not show the samples were mixed up. It introduced uncertainty to the situation, by suggesting the employee could have mixed them up, but nobody knows for certain (except the writer).
mallory is not his aunt. She is a form of genetic engineering(really confusing form of cloning)of his mother.
Which is borderline. If your mother was a twin, your aunt would still share that same genetic material. That doesn't make her your mother. If anything, that's where I'd put Mallory. A non-identical twin of his mother. The same genes can express differently based on assorted factors.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:and the fault is mine that I always think that a simp can still talk about something concerning his waifu with a minimum of logic....

the epilogue casts doubt on whether they actually tested Jaye's sample or not, but it doesn't rule it out, and in any case the fact that they still tested it doesn't even prove that Jaye could then actually turn out to be genetically related to MC.

But I reiterate: who cares at this point in the story?

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I daresay yours does as well, friend, at least on this specific point. The epilogue does not show the samples were mixed up. It introduced uncertainty to the situation, by suggesting the employee could have mixed them up, but nobody knows for certain (except the writer).
But it literally says right there that they will start with Jaye's sample since she already has a record in their system:
1715016967614.png
Then the scene continues with:
1715017026904.png
1715017041009.png
1715017053674.png

So it is implied that the guy used the wrong sample in his hurry. Obviously like I told felice, they can't outright say if the samples got mixed or not due to Patreon reasons, so it's pretty much to the player's interpretation. But the way I see it - the guy did indeed use the wrong sample, judging by the female lap tech's reaction.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:and the fault is mine that I always think that a simp can still talk about something concerning his waifu with a minimum of logic....

the epilogue casts doubt on whether they actually tested Jaye's sample or not, but it doesn't rule it out, and in any case the fact that they still tested it doesn't even prove that Jaye could then actually turn out to be genetically related to MC.

But I reiterate: who cares at this point in the story?
I swear sometimes you just argue just to argue. If they used the wrong sample for her test and the result is negative and like Jaye told MC the results came back negative, it would be misinformation anyway. Besides you're getting butthurt for no reason, as if Jaye is the only reason for me to talk about the game. But anyway, suit yourself. :rolleyes:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it literally says right there that they will start with Jaye's sample since she already has a record in their system:
View attachment 3609536
Then the scene continues with:
View attachment 3609543
View attachment 3609545
View attachment 3609547

So it is implied that the guy used the wrong sample in his hurry. Obviously like I told felice, they can't outright say if the samples got mixed or not due to Patreon reasons, so it's pretty much to the player's interpretation. But the way I see it - the guy did indeed use the wrong sample, judging by the female lap tech's reaction.

I swear sometimes you just argue just to argue. If they used the wrong sample for her test and the result is negative and like Jaye told MC the results came back negative, it would be misinformation anyway. Besides you're getting butthurt for no reason, as if Jaye is the only reason for me to talk about the game. But anyway, suit yourself. :rolleyes:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yet it is not complicated: MAYBE they used the wrong sample, if they both start with C there is exactly the same opportunity for it to be right or wrong.

but assuming it's the wrong one doesn't mean the test would have resulted in a different outcome. and considering the pateron issue we'll probably never know

don't go full Darkwen.... :cry:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yet it is not complicated: MAYBE they used the wrong sample, if they both start with C there is exactly the same opportunity for it to be right or wrong.

but assuming it's the wrong one doesn't mean the test would have resulted in a different outcome. and considering the pateron issue we'll probably never know

don't go full Darkwen.... :cry:
So you're just saying the same thing I did? I miss when my homie would contribute in discussions in a meaningful way and not saying stuff just to say it. :cry:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Okay, just thinking out loud, even if they used the wrong sample, it doesnt mean Jaye's sample would have tested positive. Obviously Jaye is Schrodinger's cat, not sure how anyone can miss it.
And also no one knows about this possible error, no one has any reason to retest. Both tests went well, everyone is happy.

Timo70

Jul 19, 2023
Just do it..
its amazing go to patreon and give them some cash even..
I bought this on steam after I played the first two chapters and I am VERY HAPPY

Reactions: Ancandune

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
I reached the end of chapter 8. I, probably, like many others, tried to be the best guy (maximum trust and love points) for both Jay and Mallory, feeding them both a fairy tale about great love. As a result, I got Game Over in Chapter 7. This is a slap in the face to the player! I had to study the walkthrough guide more carefully and replay about 1.5 chapters. There seemed to be a discussion about a cheat mod that regulates glasses and something else. Where can I get it?

Dec 29, 2018
Pushing someone who is using a VR headset is a dick move. Pushing someone who just got out of surgery is much worse. Jaye manages to do both in one shove because she's still the same spoiled little brat she's always been. There was a brief moment where it looked like the main character would finally tell her to grow up and act her age, but no. She pouts a bit and he instantly switches from telling her that what she did was fucked up, to rewarding her bad behaviour by giving her exactly what she wants.

In stark contrast to Jaye's selfishness, we see Bianca put the feelings of others ahead of her own, even if she hasn't met them yet or knows if they exist at all. Before you can get intimate with her, you must first assure her that you aren't going to be cheating on anyone by doing so. I wanted to tell her just that, but the game claimed that would be lying.

Apparently it still counted Mallory as an exclusive relationship, which seems unfair considering how she unilaterally decided to involve Amanda in our sex life. I would think that what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and us helping Bianca get her groove back would be similar to Mallory bringing Amanda in on the action. But the game disagrees.

Creating a new route for a guilt-free time with Bianca was no trouble at all thanks to the complete lack of minigames, free roaming sections, or any such time wasting nonsense that so many other games have. This route seems to be the best of them because everyone gets what they deserve. Bianca gets her pool boy fantasy, Mallory can do whatever she wants with Amanda, and Jaye can go fuck herself.

In playing through this latest route, I did something I hadn't done before. I sent Fiona the picture she wanted. She ends up sending us a custom made dildo in the mail, and the package was discovered by Jaye and Bianca. I briefly thought that we would be able to give it to Bianca, but it gets stolen by Jaye instead. Which is not surprising, considering how she had previously stolen our journals. So this is yet another example of how Jaye hasn't grown as a person at all.

There is a scene where Jaye demands the main character go on a walk with her, and then uses it to try to guilt trip him into staying a part of her life. She says "You need to understand that I can't do this without you." If she truly loved him, she would be saying something about how he needs to start putting himself first sometimes. But that's not Jaye, as everything is about her. She then says "I'm angry at myself that I had to come so close to losing you to let go of my anger..." and when he tries to respond, she angrily snaps at him saying "Let me have this!" without a hint of self-awareness. This whole conversation began with Jaye telling him to "Just shut up and walk with me." She's still bossing him around, and he's still enabling her. Same as it ever was.

I understand that people who liked Jaye right from the start wouldn't want her to change, but it's odd that the rest of us get a big load of nothing to work with here. We can't confront her, and we can't get rid of her. We're just stuck with her being an overbearing harpy who occasionally steals our intimate items to masturbate with because she's a creepy stalker. I would hope that the final chapter would allow us to distance ourselves from her a bit, but I've been hoping for that the whole game. I'd be foolish to think that could happen now.

At this point, I'm just praying we'll get a chance to make an honest woman out of Bianca.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I reached the end of chapter 8. I, probably, like many others, tried to be the best guy (maximum trust and love points) for both Jay and Mallory, feeding them both a fairy tale about great love. As a result, I got Game Over in Chapter 7. This is a slap in the face to the player! I had to study the walkthrough guide more carefully and replay about 1.5 chapters. There seemed to be a discussion about a cheat mod that regulates glasses and something else. Where can I get it?
Seriously, you think two-timing both leading ladies competing for your love with "a fairy tale about great love" is a best guy behavior? :FacePalm:

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes