4.60 star(s) 306 Votes

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
I agree especially since mom and dad gave Alex the wedding ring.
Hah...I forgot about the ring.
In that scene, the parents tell MC that for a long time everyone knew about his attitude towards his sister. I was outraged why they couldn't say this sooner. Like, “Son, you’re an idiot, we know everything about you and Jay. Stop suffering through this bullshit and come back.”

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Hah...I forgot about the ring.
In that scene, the parents tell MC that for a long time everyone knew about his attitude towards his sister. I was outraged why they couldn't say this sooner. Like, “Son, you’re an idiot, we know everything about you and Jay. Stop suffering through this bullshit and come back.”
Parents are the real nemesis of the story; anything negative that happens or can happen is their responsibility

Reactions: ename144

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
Parents are the real nemesis of the story; anything negative that happens or can happen is their responsibility
I don't agree here. The only fault of the parents is that they let the whole situation take its course. They are presented in the game as too gentle towards children. And this is at least not realistic. I know several family businesses where children were involved in working in family businesses from a fairly early age. And in the game, according to the lawyer’s words, the parents’ company employs 1,100 people. And I would never believe that in reality parents would not prepare their children to manage a business in the future.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't agree here. The only fault of the parents is that they let the whole situation take its course. They are presented in the game as too gentle towards children. And this is at least not realistic. I know several family businesses where children were involved in working in family businesses from a fairly early age. And in the game, according to the lawyer’s words, the parents’ company employs 1,100 people. And I would never believe that in reality parents would not prepare their children to manage a business in the future.
yours seems to me to be a fairly superficial judgment.

practically everything negative that happens in the story is their responsibility.

Jaye's relationship with her brother is ruined when the latter decides to stop accompanying her to school and basically avoids attending her so she can make new friends. the parents know the situation reassure MC, who will be 6-8 years old at the time, that they will explain it to Jaye. apparently they don't, and if they do they are not at all clear as Jaye doesn't know anything when MC 15 years later explains it to her. and given that at the time the two siblings were precisely 6-7 years old any excuse about sexual tension between the 2 is really not credible.

then, as you say, they decide to let things take its course and because of that they accept that their son as soon as he comes of age goes around the world, to very dangerous places (and they know where he is from time to time) where he often risks his life in really borderline situations.

so after they made sure that the childhood between the 2 was marked by misunderstanding, after they gave MC 5 years of sabbatical, they give him their blessing. they set all the stage for MC and Jaye to never regain a relationship, but at this point they are also okay with their relationship becoming something more.

if there is a scenario of resentment and misunderstanding that MC can let Jaye drown at sea, it is only because of their conscientious parenting

by the way, Sara in particular is also terrible professionally. she has a co-worker with an unhealthy fixation on her, which she doesn't realize, falsifying the results of her work, and even that she doesn't realize, making herself co-responsible for a scam.
and even now the completely instinctive imprint has remained in the company: an unknown journalist who appeared out of nowhere is brought up to speed in the midst of a legal war, experimental treatments are being conducted without any respect for the rules, and always out of politeness there is even an offer to clone a dog. the Prizer, in reality, would distort them in any court of law, third world included
but let's drop that last part, which is part of the cartoonish spirit of the story being told.

remains that every difficulty in the relationship between Jaye and MC stems from conscious choices of their parents, who made it impossible for 2 children to have a normal and frank relationship

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
yours seems to me to be a fairly superficial judgment.

practically everything negative that happens in the story is their responsibility.

Jaye's relationship with her brother is ruined when the latter decides to stop accompanying her to school and basically avoids attending her so she can make new friends. the parents know the situation reassure MC, who will be 6-8 years old at the time, that they will explain it to Jaye. apparently they don't, and if they do they are not at all clear as Jaye doesn't know anything when MC 15 years later explains it to her. and given that at the time the two siblings were precisely 6-7 years old any excuse about sexual tension between the 2 is really not credible.

then, as you say, they decide to let things take its course and because of that they accept that their son as soon as he comes of age goes around the world, to very dangerous places (and they know where he is from time to time) where he often risks his life in really borderline situations.

so after they made sure that the childhood between the 2 was marked by misunderstanding, after they gave MC 5 years of sabbatical, they give him their blessing. they set all the stage for MC and Jaye to never regain a relationship, but at this point they are also okay with their relationship becoming something more.

if there is a scenario of resentment and misunderstanding that MC can let Jaye drown at sea, it is only because of their conscientious parenting

by the way, Sara in particular is also terrible professionally. she has a co-worker with an unhealthy fixation on her, which she doesn't realize, falsifying the results of her work, and even that she doesn't realize, making herself co-responsible for a scam.
and even now the completely instinctive imprint has remained in the company: an unknown journalist who appeared out of nowhere is brought up to speed in the midst of a legal war, experimental treatments are being conducted without any respect for the rules, and always out of politeness there is even an offer to clone a dog. the Prizer, in reality, would distort them in any court of law, third world included
but let's drop that last part, which is part of the cartoonish spirit of the story being told.

remains that every difficulty in the relationship between Jaye and MC stems from conscious choices of their parents, who made it impossible for 2 children to have a normal and frank relationship
I don't agree. I see the situation in a different way. Everything that happened in childhood can be attributed to the behavior of children their age. Especially at the age of puberty when relationships become strained simply due to a hormonal surge. All this time, parents did not interfere in the children's relationships, probably due to their busy lives. Although they probably should have (this is just my opinion). After graduation, MC is already old enough to choose his own path.

Regarding the restoration of relations. Perhaps you didn't read it carefully. His parents called Alex repeatedly and tried to persuade him to return. Especially at the beginning. They made no obstacles to restoring the relationship.
Why they needed a face-to-face meeting to say what they know about their relationship with Jay, I don't know, and that's my main gripe with the plot in this one.

I also disagree about Sarah’s lack of professionalism. Amanda's investigation revealed that she was unaware of Derrek's deliberate falsification and sought out this falsification before leaving Praiser.

In general, I cannot call the upbringing that Sarah and (I forgot his name) gave to their children terrible. It definitely wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible either. The biggest mistake that parents made (in my humble opinion) was that they did not talk enough with their children about their problems and experiences. However, I see this attitude of parents towards children quite often in modern realities.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
it is simply not the case
I don't agree. I see the situation in a different way. Everything that happened in childhood can be attributed to the behavior of children their age. Especially at the age of puberty when relationships become strained simply due to a hormonal surge. All this time, parents did not interfere in the children's relationships, probably due to their busy lives. Although they probably should have (this is just my opinion). After graduation, MC is already old enough to choose his own path.
what does puberty have to do with it? hormones? at that time the two siblings are 7 years old at the most, and the parents reassure MC that they will talk to Jaye about it, then they don't or they do it badly and the 2 practically don't talk to each other for the next 10 years. will they be responsible for 2 7-year-olds? everything that happens after that stems from that. if they had had a “normal” relationship up to that point all the Christian incident would hardly have happened.

Regarding the restoration of relations. Perhaps you didn't read it carefully. His parents called Alex repeatedly and tried to persuade him to return. Especially at the beginning. They made no obstacles to restoring the relationship.
Why they needed a face-to-face meeting to say what they know about their relationship with Jay, I don't know, and that's my main gripe with the plot in this one.
you're kidding yourself here. if they wanted him to come back they would have simply blocked the trust, which is certainly not something owed to a son. but they are fine with Jaye and MC being apart, to get clarity on their feelings. so they accept all the risks that MC goes into these 5 years

I also disagree about Sarah’s lack of professionalism. Amanda's investigation revealed that she was unaware of Derrek's deliberate falsification and sought out this falsification before leaving Praiser.
of course she's unaware of it, I never said she's doing it voluntarily, but it's a fact that a close associate of hers was practically insane and did some very serious violations. that makes Sarah a very bad manager, who should have noticed but her?

In general, I cannot call the upbringing that Sarah and (I forgot his name) gave to their children terrible. It definitely wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible either. The biggest mistake that parents made (in my humble opinion) was that they did not talk enough with their children about their problems and experiences. However, I see this attitude of parents towards children quite often in modern realities.
I never said they had terrible behavior, but they remain responsible for what happens next, they may have had good intentions but those were the results.

Reactions: ename144

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
it is simply not the case

what does puberty have to do with it? hormones? at that time the two siblings are 7 years old at the most, and the parents reassure MC that they will talk to Jaye about it, then they don't or they do it badly and the 2 practically don't talk to each other for the next 10 years. will they be responsible for 2 7-year-olds? everything that happens after that stems from that. if they had had a “normal” relationship up to that point all the Christian incident would hardly have happened.

you're kidding yourself here. if they wanted him to come back they would have simply blocked the trust, which is certainly not something owed to a son. but they are fine with Jaye and MC being apart, to get clarity on their feelings. so they accept all the risks that MC goes into these 5 years

of course she's unaware of it, I never said she's doing it voluntarily, but it's a fact that a close associate of hers was practically insane and did some very serious violations. that makes Sarah a very bad manager, who should have noticed but her?

I never said they had terrible behavior, but they remain responsible for what happens next, they may have had good intentions but those were the results.
I think I understand why the behavior of parents seems to you to not care about their children. The text of the game (especially at the beginning) misses many very everyday but important details that give a complete picture of the MC’s family.
Obviously these are plot holes. All that players can do is supplement the missing logic of what is happening with the most typical examples from real life. For example, running a company with more than 1,000 employees is very likely to reduce family time. At the same time, Sarah is also involved in science. Therefore, children are largely left to their own devices.
Already old enough, MC and Jay still remain so stubborn that no arguments will be heard by them. They just annoy each other. And they clearly need to live separately to cool down their feelings and understand themselves. But running away from home right after graduation is too extreme a way out of this situation. Although the parents tried to return MS at the initial stages, they also understood that this was the decision of an adult.
I repeat, the only complaint against the parents is that they did not say that they were aware of the real feelings of MC and Jay. It would have been enough to say “we know everything” and the conflict would have been extinguished. But then we wouldn’t have gotten the plot as it is.

Lack of attention to a subordinate does not make Sarah a bad leader. Let me remind you that the company employs 1,100 people. She might not even know about Derrek's affairs. Moreover, he hid everything and probably gave no reason for doubt. One can only guess how the internal security service was organized in the company.

Separately, I would like to note the absolutely abnormal behavior of all the characters in relation to the drug PBG-132, which can cure Rett syndrome, which is a form of autism. Such an acquisition is worthy of a Nobel Prize, and only the appearance of a patent by a small biotechnology company would lead to a stir on the part of the pharmaceutical giants and a very likely imminent takeover. But everyone treats the invention as if it were not a cure for an incurable disease, but just another cure for diarrhea.

In general, developers have something to think about, both in terms of developing the plot, characters, and the realism of the world in which the game takes place.

4.60 star(s) 306 Votes