Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Honestly with the bad decisions made by the devs on the throuple path and making it only available if you go solo jaye is stupid and makes no sense.
It actually makes a lot of sense if you understand the characters involved. Polyamory/throuple can only happen if Jaye wants it because of her initial characteristic (jealousy/possessiveness). If MC and Mallory want it but Jaye doesn't want it, then it can't happen. Jaye is the character that needs convincing to be in polyamory relationship. How to convince her? Be committed to her. Only then she'd feel comfortable and secure enough with her relationship with MC that she would be willing to go into a polyamory relationship.

Had MC just pursued both Jaye and Mallory, what you'd get is Jaye feeling that MC didn't really want to be with her so she'd rather not be in relationship with MC at all.

So basically we need to understand that Jaye's character changed depending on how her relationship with MC is. This is not a game where MC controlled everyone's character and things happened just because MC wanted it to.

I don't care anymore for there next game firebreak because of it
See you in Firebreak thread in 2025, mate. ;)

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Well to each his own. To me it actually makes perfect sense and I've explained why earlier. You're perfectly entitled to disagree and dislike how it played out, but ditching the devs and their next game because of how you felt here is nothing short of stupid in my book.
I don't think it is stupid at all, just go all in on one girl, then randomly out of the blue that girl will just randomly be ok with a throuple instead of the path of trying an open relationship/ throuple. I would ok with both dumping, then both having solo paths, but to put a throuple in a way that makes no sense is my problem.

Also Another problem in unequal scenes, lets give jaye 1 scene, but mallory gets 3, yeah ok that's cool, love that, just dumb decisions.

So yeah the dev has lost my trust, attention, and everytbing else. Before anyway says you are a pirate you get stuff for free, I am not rich, but I gave a couple months on patreon, so no one can claim I am completely a pirate and have no value or opinion.

Reactions: Reniere

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
It actually makes a lot of sense if you understand the characters involved. Polyamory/throuple can only happen if Jaye wants it because of her initial characteristic (jealousy/possessiveness). If MC and Mallory want it but Jaye doesn't want it, then it can't happen. Jaye is the character that needs convincing to be in polyamory relationship. How to convince her? Be committed to her. Only then she'd feel comfortable and secure enough with her relationship with MC that she would be willing to go into a polyamory relationship
That is your thinking but not mine and I am not the only one, so there must be some sort of prpblem if many people are thinking that way. And dev could of easily wrote things a little different to make things work, instead hed did the most convoluted bullshit method that makes xero sense and is stupid, So no you won't see me back for firebreak, I don't care what happens with this dev or the rest of the epilogues in this game.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
I don't think it is stupid at all, just go all in on one girl, then randomly out of the blue that girl will just randomly be ok with a throuple instead of the path of trying an open relationship/ throuple. I would ok with both dumping, then both having solo paths, but to put a throuple in a way that makes no sense is my problem.

Also Another problem in unequal scenes, lets give jaye 1 scene, but mallory gets 3, yeah ok that's cool, love that, just dumb decisions.

So yeah the dev has lost my trust, attention, and everytbing else. Before anyway says you are a pirate you get stuff for free, I am not rich, but I gave a couple months on patreon, so no one can claim I am completely a pirate and have no value or opinion.
People keep saying Mallory has 3 scenes to Jaye's 1. But it's only actually 2 scenes. One of them is spilt in half in the gallery, but it's just a continuation of the same scene.

If you check the gallery - Jaye has 8 scenes + plus the Tara one you can play as Jaye, while Mallory has only the 8. Sounds pretty equal to me.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
This also means that the walkthrough mod would have to be tweaked then. (explain to people which route to go)
if its intentional

Derpyshanks

Jul 14, 2021
Dev didn't have an endgame for my scorched earth playthrough.

Did every negative thing possible and got some "LULS yous are friends wit everything and everyone 1724121783993.png 1724121788013.png 1724121791311.png "

I was hoping to get a better version of that early ending when MC pretends to not see his sister drowning but ah well~

Big ups on completing game!(y)(y)(y)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well to each his own. To me it actually makes perfect sense and I've explained why earlier. You're perfectly entitled to disagree and dislike how it played out, but ditching the devs and their next game because of how you felt here is nothing short of stupid in my book.
They aren't wrong though. Regardless of how much sense it may make to you it IS a weird decision.

To have the throuple ending on Jaye's route means not sleeping with Mal.

Playing through the game while having sex with both has Mal get offered an open relationship and later Jaye offers the throuple but still results in Mal leaving.

The second route makes far more sense to be the throuple route as he would have been sleeping with both. Instead it's all "hey, remember that girl you've been turning down all game, let's bring her into our relationship for ..... reasons".

Love the game, love the solo endings but the throuple ending is the most ass backward route of nonsense i've ever seen.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Judging by the complaints in the comments, it seems to me that there is a difficult path ahead... :HideThePain:

Because my last playthrough was about two updates ago and my path is "open relationship"... looks like something went wrong

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Really like the game, and Jaye is the hottest fucking girl on this site but the ending kind of fell flat to me. Had a bunch of buildup with a bunch of characters and the game just...kind of fizzles out and ends abruptly. Was really hoping for a big farewell scene but didnt get anything.

The game really just tossed aside a bunch of great girls at the end too and did them pretty dirty imo.

Hopefully the epilogue really kills it, because imo this final could have been 3x longer.

siath70

Apr 5, 2019
Really like the game, and Jaye is the hottest fucking girl on this site but the ending kind of fell flat to me. Had a bunch of buildup with a bunch of characters and the game just...kind of fizzles out and ends abruptly. Was really hoping for a big farewell scene but didnt get anything.

The game really just tossed aside a bunch of great girls at the end too and did them pretty dirty imo.

Hopefully the epilogue really kills it, because imo this final could have been 3x longer.
Yeah, I pointed out in another post, they went through all the set up for a place for them to hide for a month. Setting up the bad guys making another push, then suddenly everything was over the next day.
The whole Jaye, Mal and MC staying together could have led right into them all being together. Instead, you flash back to the bar and Jaye and Mal walk in, in that ending of course. Mal was MIA and there was no discussion with her, just BANG here I am.

Then the Bartender says 'No dust ups!' when Jaye walked in, yet the MC had just finished telling him that Jaye and him were together and everything had been worked out. Made zero sense for the bartender to worry about a fight, was he not listening to the story the MC was telling him?

The ending was very very rushed, the epilogue will not do it justice.

Honestly, they need to go back and fix the end and add content (another chapter) to fill in the gaps between them being at the lawyer's house and suddenly at the bar.

4.60 star(s) 315 Votes