Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Anyway, why the "completed" tag?

The game is not complete. Hopefully, the epilogue will be good, because this chapter 9 is VERY disappointing and underwhelming and really badly written.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
If this was aimed at me, I feel it was. I was just offering to help clear up some of the holes. There's no need to make more renders or anything, just a few things here and there to clear up things.

Not much can be done with the way everything started, but her being upset at him for 10 years seems a bit out of place. Upset for a week, maybe, but she loves him and he is, up to that point, her best friend. She would have went to talk to him at some point and work things out. I mean she does everything for him, washes his uniform, goes to every game (even though she hates the sports), makes sure her sports don't interfere, even feeds his fish. Yet they never talk about their issues...

Up to them if they would like help for free. In the form of suggestions.
I did not even see your comments - there were far too many pages of spoilers and people declaring that this was not the update they wanted (content wise) for me to keep up with and still enjoy this release - so I decided to enjoy this release before commenting on its content.

I chose to be a bit flippant and remind any readers of my post that this is something we do for fun.

I've posted my thoughts about the Jaye/MC relationship and the build-up to the graduation party explosion multiple times and won't repeat all of those thoughts here (those posts are likely more than a year or two ago).

I will say, as an anecdote (and I have good friends who are Irish) -

Have you ever heard of the expression: They have Irish Alzheimer's - they forget everything but the grudges?

That is how I see the Jaye/MC relationship for some time after the graduation party explosion.

Summary:

Fateful miscommunication by two 18-year-olds with unresolved feelings that they did not have the emotional tools to resolve; an MC who blocked his number on Jaye's phone so he Could not reach out to her; grudge held by Jaye while avoidance pursued by the MC; great tragedy brings them back together.

I've seen worse in RL.

If you have not, I hope that your GL streak continues.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Kcilfap

Oct 20, 2021
3) Well, of course you've got to make that call - it is the best outcome by far!
Not directed at you in particular, open to anyone, but when is the decision to make this call? I just finished the game last night, but I swear the only really important call I remember was the one with Lisa's family issues, but the game still says I got her in to Johns Hopkins; was it in a previous chapter?

EridianX

Jul 24, 2018
So i've gotten to the point that Mallory dumps you if you are in the open relationship and I gotta say, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. Like there is a whole scene of her and you with Amanda, so her dumping you by saying she doesn't have enough love for two is just really, really odd. Especially since after looking at other comments it seems there IS a way to get both her and Jaye. Seems there should have been some threads there to let you get Mallory, Mallory and Amanda, Mallory and Jaye, or Mallory, Amanda, and Jaye. Just feels like that was the natural conclusion to how things were going up until that point.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Not directed at you in particular, open to anyone, but when is the decision to make this call? I just finished the game last night, but I swear the only really important call I remember was the one with Lisa's family issues, but the game still says I got her in to Johns Hopkins; was it in a previous chapter?
The teleconference with Jaye in the last chapter...

Kcilfap

Oct 20, 2021
The teleconference with Jaye in the last chapter...
Could you be more specific? I just skipped through my entire playthrough of the latest chapter, and there was never an option to "phone a friend" or anything relating to Jaye's college. Is it possible it's a bug on my end?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb. But to be clear, for anyone who is as dumb as I am, you have to ask Jaye what's wrong instead of giving her a pep talk, which leads in to the teleconference.

That said, like I mentioned, the game said I had got her in to Johns Hopkins even when I didn't make the call, so maybe that's a bug?

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 319 Votes