felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
for me it has nothing to do with who is involved, it's the execution, it's the fact that it comes out of the left field, with zero buildup, it's because it damages Mallory as a gf, for springing that onto the MC as a surprise without talking to him first, it's because it paints the MC as the bad guy for denying Mallory and Amanda this, it's because it makes the solo romance seem like settling, instead of the end goal 'If I am enough for you, you are enough for me' :HideThePain::HideThePain:
*this part I might be miss remembering, since I played last time on release day* I think you can only refuse them after Amanda kisses Mallory in front of the MC. It's setup in a disrespectful way both to the MC and the player.
I was expecting a throuple ending, just not like this...

And for the first time since I play, analyze and theorycraft about AVNs, it actually kinda bugs me how few people seem to have issue with that. Like I know Mallory is not the most popular, but still, attempted character assassination on the last leg of the race should concern more players.
In my opinion Mallory is not a bad character, even though she is clearly weaker than Jaye, and perhaps that is why the authors thought of strengthening her by adding Amanda. But in this way they have marginalised her even more.

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
The throuple could have been handled better instead of shoving Amanda outta nowhere and straight to sex. Just like in the case of Josy/Maya, the buildup to making them a throuple was at quite a good pace, so it was accepted by almost everyone even though there are still some folks who prefer a solo run for Josy and Maya separately.

Dev kind of screwed up there, maybe he should have had Mallory and MC talk about this before and then you are given a choice to let her join in or not, starting by MC letting her watch and then slowly getting comfortable with her joining in. Otherwise it also somewhat ruins Mallory's character as she lets some girl whom MC doesn't even know that well watch them having sex without telling him and then suddenly next day tells him she wants a threesome.......

Dev could go for Jaye/Mallory/MC one as both the girls were quite comfortable with MC and each other during the party even while playing the shot games, there was teasing and flirting from both sides so in future there are slight chances for them to go for a threesome.
In a similar way Jaye/Tara/MC could happen to as all of them have slept with each other and know about it too, Tara might not know that MC and Jaye have fucked but knew that both the siblings had sexual tension between them. So such a throuple could work too as a casual one and not high on romantic feelings just Tara joining them for some fun.

Last edited:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I like Mallory and my first playthrough was her route. But I couldn't shake the feeling that the authors wrote her storyline on a secondary basis. It's as if they didn't actually believe that she would be popular enough to give the redhead beauty a good run for her money. So it feels like for the sake of the release schedule, all the best bits of the plot went to Jaye and the leftovers to Mallory.

Just watch the prologue of the main story. This is a touching story of the innocent childhood love of two half-siblings, paralleled by a romance between their parents that develops into a happy marriage. Authors constantly play with the emotions of readers, emotionally attaching them to the characters. First love, first lust, first jealousy, feeling of betrayal, misunderstanding, tragedy, feeling of powerlessness, I want to tap on the keyboard to get through to this idiot MC "Just talk to her, moron!"

The MC's stupid escape, which lasted for many years. When the adult MC returns to the city and meets Jaye after these years, all those feelings and emotions that the authors carefully planted in the reader’s mind in the prologue, come to the fore. They have a long shared history.

And what about Mallory? Yes, they had a few moments when they saved the wolf cub and later, but this is a good basis for mutual sympathy, maybe for a fling, but this does not compare to his love story with Jaye. Yes, Mel gets her little bit of a childhood drama later on in the intro about her and Amanda, but again, it looks a little dull compared to the MC and Jaye's story.

It is difficult for her to compete with Jaye for the sympathy of readers given such unequal starting conditions.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I like Mallory and my first playthrough was her route. But I couldn't shake the feeling that the authors wrote her storyline on a secondary basis. It's as if they didn't actually believe that she would be popular enough to give the redhead beauty a good run for her money. So it feels like for the sake of the release schedule, all the best bits of the plot went to Jaye and the leftovers to Mallory.

Just watch the prologue of the main story. This is a touching story of the innocent childhood love of two half-siblings, paralleled by a romance between their parents that develops into a happy marriage. Authors constantly play with the emotions of readers, emotionally attaching them to the characters. First love, first lust, first jealousy, feeling of betrayal, misunderstanding, tragedy, feeling of powerlessness, I want to tap on the keyboard to get through to this idiot MC "Just talk to her, moron!"

The MC's stupid escape, which lasted for many years. When the adult MC returns to the city and meets Jaye after these years, all those feelings and emotions that the authors carefully planted in the reader’s mind in the prologue, come to the fore. They have a long shared history.

And what about Mallory? Yes, they had a few moments when they saved the wolf cub and later, but this is a good basis for mutual sympathy, maybe for a fling, but this does not compare to his love story with Jaye. Yes, Mel gets her little bit of a childhood drama later on in the intro about her and Amanda, but again, it looks a little dull compared to the MC and Jaye's story.

It is difficult for her to compete with Jaye for the sympathy of readers given such unequal starting conditions.
giphy.gif giphy (1).gif

Joke aside , it is very difficult to choose between many Gorgeous beloved girls Jaye Mal Lisa Tara :WeSmart: :love: :love: (y)
Gorgeous4.png

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
If there is something I like more than readheads It's blackhaired girls like Lisa, but I wouldn't throw out of bed neither of them to be honest.

Reactions: yossa999

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
You're saying that as if we could choose Tara... (or Lisa, for that matter).
Sorry , I play for Jaye and Mal but I am sure that in early pages ppl are making competition between Jaye and Tara and who is the best , and Mc have sex scene with her , So I think she can be LI , NO ?? and why Not ? :unsure:
But NO Lisa That is unfair :cry::cry::cry::cry::sleep:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Just so. The devs clearly built the game around Jaye, to the point that even if the MC rejects her he's still allegedly in love with her - just too scared or too dense to act on it. Mallory was only included because they knew the game needed more than one LI, partially to give a token choice for playability, but mostly so they could tease the possibility of somehow getting both girls.

To their credit, Mallory is a good character in her own right. They could have, and IMHO should have, let her stand on her own and left Amanda as another side-girl. Instead they made Amanda a crucial part of Mallory's romance in a misguided effort to justify the eventual threesome. :mad: Not one of their better decisions.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Sorry , I play for Jaye and Mal but I am sure that in early pages ppl are making competition between Jaye and Tara and who is the best , and Mc have sex scene with her , So I think she can be LI , NO ?? and why Not ? :unsure:
But NO Lisa That is unfair :cry::cry::cry::cry::sleep:
I only started playing this game earlier this year, but after extensive reading in this thread and some other places I came to the conclusion that Tara was only a one-time thing in the past and Lisa is only a fling in the present time.
You can't choose Tara or Lisa as real LIs in the game, but only Jaye and Mal. In fact, I'm not even sure there's a chance we will see another sex scene with Tara in the future or if that flashback super early in the game was the only thing we'll ever get to see with her in this game. Have the devs explicitly commented on this?
Anyway, Tara is almost forgotten in the story despite the very important role she played in the past and the fact that she's still Jaye's best friend.
Jaye is my favourite, so I'm good in that regard, but Tara is my second favourite girl and I believe her role in the story is disappointing and a wasted opportunity. It would have made much more sense than Amanda's involvement on Mal's path, in my opinion.
I won't even touch on Tara and Lisa's being LIs in the next game; that's... indescribable.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
All of the women in this game are attractive. It is unlikely and difficult for a dev to put unattractive characters in games. Much like a movie or TV show, you rarely see an unattractive person unless they have something specific to offer. It is funny reading all the comments about how horrible it is that <my favorite LI> was screwed over by the devs in this story. I keep waiting for a legitimate critique of the story and its characters that doesn't involve ridiculous bias.

The story is about the MC and Jaye. Everyone else is secondary to the story. If the story were about how the best friend and MC should've been together, Tara would have a bigger role. If the story were about how the MC fell in love with the CEO of his parents' company, then Lisa would be the focus. But this is "the story of step-siblings reconnecting and dealing with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths." Not the story of how step-siblings deal with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths and meet an intrepid reporter and she changes their lives!

Yes, Mallory is secondary in the story. She is a love interest but not the focus of the story. She plays a major role in the telling of a story about two siblings coming to grips with their parents' death and how they are thrust into running a major corporation together. Despite Mallory being secondary, a good amount of the story concentrates on the feelings growing between the MC and Mallory and how she fits into the corporation run by the MC's parents. But that isn't the story. This is a love story about Jaye and the MC.

Now, there is something off about the Mallory/Amanda/MC relationship. It does feel a bit forced. Although, Amanda's personality and life experience play well into the awkwardness. It doesn't quite explain everything and many players are left with the feeling that something is not quite right. I do not believe that is because Mallory is secondary in the story or that the devs did not focus more on her character development.

I would love to see some honest critiques of why the secondary characters should be the primary story. Something other than, "She's my favorite." :ROFLMAO:

4.60 star(s) 324 Votes