Blossop

Jan 19, 2018
Loaded up this game in Joiplay, and stuck on the main screen. Can select options such as Start, Load, Settings, etc but can't activate them with click or enter. If anyone is using Joiplay for Chasing Sunsets, please help.

Reactions: omzawep

Blackperalta

Dec 28, 2019
I'm at the beginning of chapter two and liking it so far, except for one thing, is the flashbacks, time skips, location changes, etc going to stop (or at least slow down) eventually, or it will be like this throughout the whole thing?

Every time I started to get invested it just jumps to someplace else, be it location or in time, and it's starting to get really annoying, if it's going to be like this through the whole story I think im just going to stop now and skip this one.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I'm at the beginning of chapter two and liking it so far, except for one thing, is the flashbacks, time skips, location changes, etc going to stop (or at least slow down) eventually, or it will be like this throughout the whole thing?

Every time I started to get invested it just jumps to someplace else, be it location or in time, and it's starting to get really annoying, if it's going to be like this through the whole story I think im just going to stop now and skip this one.
There are barely any flashbacks anymore when you arrive on the yacht, and the few which are still there, are good (mc telling jaye about his past) if i remember it correctly.

Blackperalta

Dec 28, 2019
There are barely any flashbacks anymore when you arrive on the yacht, and the few which are still there, are good (mc telling jaye about his past) if i remember it correctly.
I hope that's the case because other than that I'm really liking the story, I've arrived at the yacht and got the Cristian flashback, than barely a minute after it went to the "26 years ago" one about MCs moms research I think, I honestly just saved and closed the game after that. I guess will give it another go later then, thanks.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I agree, actually; the constant flashbacks and abrupt plot changes at the start got rather annoying. Fortunately the game does settle down after Chapter 2 and allows the characters and plot to unfold more calmly. There are still a few flashbacks here and there, but most of them are either woven into the story and well handled or are at least somewhat under the player's control.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveyP

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

It's a cinematic style that persists throughout, even though the flashbacks lessen. It's like a movie or TV series or novel that skips through time and space from scene to scene. At least the jumps in this game are clearly labeled. I never had a problem with it, myself. But if scene jumps annoy you, you probably aren't going to like the rest of the game either.

My suggestion is to try it for another chapter, and see how you feel about the game then.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
they are also kinda important to the story/plot overall to understand the characters motivations and past events that tie in to what's happening currently in the game. Without the flashbacks a lot of it wouldn't make sense.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
they are also kinda important to the story/plot overall to understand the characters motivations and past events that tie in to what's happening currently in the game. Without the flashbacks a lot of it wouldn't make sense.
In general, in my opinion, they also create a lot of confusion. I think for example of Cristian going from rapist, to victim to foster brother of the family.... Flashbacks that have immediate utility such as the experience in the mountains or the after party at the end of high school, or Mallory's childhood work . The rest I don't find so useful in understanding much about the characters.

Reactions: ename144

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
In general, in my opinion, they also create a lot of confusion. I think for example of Cristian going from rapist, to victim to foster brother of the family.... Flashbacks that have immediate utility such as the experience in the mountains or the after party at the end of high school, or Mallory's childhood work . The rest I don't find so useful in understanding much about the characters.
The bigger narrative issue is having bad end / game overs in a story that is being told by future MC to a bartender.

And then I died. I am a scary ghost. ooooooooooo

4.60 star(s) 323 Votes