Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Cheat mod for Big Brother: Ren'Py - Remake Story [v1.06 + FIXED ]

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022

Bathyscaphe

Feb 5, 2023
Can confirmed that I'm getting character dialog in Russian and English options at the same time after installing the PC version of the cheat mod that I DL from MEGA.

So, is the mod broken? All I really want to use this mod is to view all the achievements without having to keep reloading different save games...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bathyscaphe

Feb 5, 2023
Ok, so I managed to fix my issue but it was by replacing the "scripts.rpa" file back to the game folder and everything seems to be working properly, cheat menu and all.

I was wondering why the installation guide has you removing "scripts.rpa" in step one when that is what you need for the fix4 patch. Odd.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Ok, so I managed to fix my issue but it was by replacing the "scripts.rpa" file back to the game folder and everything seems to be working properly, cheat menu and all.

I was wondering why the installation guide has you removing "scripts.rpa" in step one when that is what you need for the fix4 patch. Odd.
Because my mod contains all the files that lie in the archive "scripts.rpa". These are the same files, so if we do not delete, we get duplicates of all scripts. To make sure there are no errors and the files are not duplicated and the mod works correctly, this file must be deleted.
I don't know why you have this problem. I checked with the English version of the game FIX 4.
If you don't believe me, here's a screenshot.
Try to do this:

Delete "scripts.rpa", reset the language in the game settings, restart the game and choose English again.

screenshot0002.png

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022

I specifically recorded to demonstrate the entire process of installing the game and mods and show that I have no problems.
To avoid duplication of information in this comment (it's a lot), you can read it either in the description of the video + in the attached comments on YouTube under the video,
or in this thread in the spoiler PROBLEMS, in the spoiler "Russian text in the English version of the game"

Bathyscaphe

Feb 5, 2023
lol Thanks for the video but as I mentioned, I managed to fix my issue. I do know how to follow instructions and did everything in the installation guide but I still got issues with Russian and English text for some strange reason. Everything is working now so no worries.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
lol Thanks for the video but as I mentioned, I managed to fix my issue. I do know how to follow instructions and did everything in the installation guide but I still got issues with Russian and English text for some strange reason. Everything is working now so no worries.
I'm glad you're doing well. But I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is causing this problem, so that if someone else also write next time that he has problems with the Russian language.
I'm trying to find a correlation to either try to improve my mod so that I can switch the language at mod level or tell the user right away what the cause is and how to fix it.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
i downloaded everything, extracted everything from the folders, moved the cheat mod into the game folder and still nothing
Please watch this . Are you sure you did everything exactly the same way? You don't have any old saves that might interfere with the game?
What do you mean by the cheat mod not working? Do you have the game running, but you don't have the cheat mod button? Or is there a cheat mode button, but its functions do not work? I do not understand this particular problem. Please explain in more detail.

If anything, see the description of the spoiler "PROBLEMS"

13bcs37!

Dec 25, 2022
Please watch this . Are you sure you did everything exactly the same way? You don't have any old saves that might interfere with the game?
What do you mean by the cheat mod not working? Do you have the game running, but you don't have the cheat mod button? Or is there a cheat mode button, but its functions do not work? I do not understand this particular problem. Please explain in more detail.

If anything, see the description of the spoiler "PROBLEMS"
no cheat mod

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
no cheat mod
Unfortunately, I just don't know where to start...

1. Are you using windows?
2. What version of the game are you using? Send the link to the page of this game.
3. open the file nav.rpy in the game folder, take a screenshot of the first lines.
4. Take a screenshot of the folder from the game.
5. Take a screenshot of the game folder.
did you try to press the "K" key

anybodyhi55

Jul 22, 2022
Hey I was checking all the comments and then followed your video on yt to check everything A-Z(even tho ?did i screw up big? :D am i too dumb to copy paste
files? ) =_= still i got this issue of russian language everywhere!!! even the options tho the thing is the mod appears in english only but unable to change language anywhere the option simply disappeared
The only reason i can think of is that i had played the game earlier but i deleted it then re installed it but the saves were not gone when i opened it after adding the mod and opened it
Haha dunno where the reset option vanished ;-;

Last edited:

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Hey I was checking all the comments and then followed your video on yt to check everything A-Z(even tho ?did i screw up big? :D am i too dumb to copy paste
files? ) =_= still i got this issue of russian language everywhere!!! even the options tho the thing is the mod appears in english only but unable to change language anywhere the option simply disappeared
The only reason i can think of is that i had played the game earlier but i deleted it then re installed it but the saves were not gone when i opened it after adding the mod and opened it

anybodyhi55

Jul 22, 2022
hey!! as you said i deleted all the saves and i thought of trying the 32bit application and it's working !!
no no haha i don't blame the mod at all i know mods are just a bit of umm how to express a extra info where the algorithm works the problem might arise due to other errors i guess since i didn't find any files related to the translate thing in your mod =_= it's just a misconception duh
tho i didn't try 64bit application yet 32 bit one works smooth
Thanks!! have a good day !!

Reactions: Greslux

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
I was wondering... Do you have a "tl" folder in your "game" folder?
Do you have an "en_deepl" folder in the "tl" folder? Do you have any files in the "en_deepl" folder?
All game scripts are written in Russian, then Renpy takes English translation from the folder "tl".
I looked at your screenshots several times and it seems to me that Renpy doesn't get the English translation
Send me your save and I can check it for myself.

Here is my save from the new version.

There are a few saves I made for the test while working with the mod, but I couldn't tell which one is okay, so I've uploaded a few. Pick the one that has day 227 and you can see the house there.
Make sure your saves have a different name so you don't overwrite your saves with mine.
Make a copy of your saves just in case.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
hey!! as you said i deleted all the saves and i thought of trying the 32bit application and it's working !!
no no haha i don't blame the mod at all i know mods are just a bit of umm how to express a extra info where the algorithm works the problem might arise due to other errors i guess since i didn't find any files related to the translate thing in your mod =_= it's just a misconception duh
tho i didn't try 64bit application yet 32 bit one works smooth
Thanks!! have a good day !!

I'm very glad it worked. This information will be useful for me, because now I know that the problem may indeed be related to saves, and that saves from older versions of the game may contain information about the location (or presence) of game elements such as buttons. But I'm more inclined to think that this information is stored in the "persistens" file.

Can you send me your old save (one of the ones you deleted) so I can run some tests? I want to see how it works. Any of the old saves and the old "persistens" file. Thanks

If you have windows x64 installed you can safely run the game for 64 bit systems. I'm sure that the bit depth of the .exe file has nothing to do with russian or the missing button

anybodyhi55

Jul 22, 2022
I'm very glad it worked. This information will be useful for me, because now I know that the problem may indeed be related to saves, and that saves from older versions of the game may contain information about the location (or presence) of game elements such as buttons. But I'm more inclined to think that this information is stored in the "persistens" file.

Can you send me your old save (one of the ones you deleted) so I can run some tests? I want to see how it works. Any of the old saves and the old "persistens" file. Thanks

If you have windows x64 installed you can safely run the game for 64 bit systems. I'm sure that the bit depth of the .exe file has nothing to do with russian or the missing button
yep i guess i still have the old saves in my recycle bin somewhere :D well some of them might have same names cuz i'm lazy to type names....sooo just be careful about it
here's the tl file

Last edited:

anybodyhi55

Jul 22, 2022
I was wondering... Do you have a "tl" folder in your "game" folder?
Do you have an "en_deepl" folder in the "tl" folder? Do you have any files in the "en_deepl" folder?
All game scripts are written in Russian, then Renpy takes English translation from the folder "tl".
I looked at your screenshots several times and it seems to me that Renpy doesn't get the English translation
Send me your save and I can check it for myself.

Here is my save from the new version.

There are a few saves I made for the test while working with the mod, but I couldn't tell which one is okay, so I've uploaded a few. Pick the one that has day 227 and you can see the house there.
Make sure your saves have a different name so you don't overwrite your saves with mine.
Make a copy of your saves just in case.
well i guess these are all tho i didn't check exactly but the manual saves are of a few days earlier when i first started the game you might find in the auto saves the part i was having problem in

Reactions: Greslux