3.20 star(s) 17 Votes

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
might be nothing, but I got an email from patreon guideline team that my game is breaking the guidelines and may go down. I'm of course trying to figure out why. If worst case scenario and Patreon thinks i'm in violation, i'll switch to subscribestar. I know people don't like to use it as much a Patreon.
Well, both scenes of the aunt with the girls are basically rape so it clear what Patreon didn't like.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Well, both scenes of the aunt with the girls are basically rape so it clear what Patreon didn't like.
I don't think Patreon checks every piece of work their patrons do. I'd say someone filed a complaint and so they had to look into it. If I were to guess, I'd say a lot of abandoned games here met that fate because of self-appointed morality police.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
It shouldn't be. At least law wise. They consented in both.

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
Yeah, if they are gonna get you for anything, its because "roommate didn't consent beforehand" or "game has an incest patch for it" or some shit.

Ngl, Ditching patreon and adding different content into the game might be a shout. Like a certain "leak" that got posted here a while back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xavier DAnger

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
Yeah, this is how "they" get you. You do you though. I will support you morally no matter what you do, and once enough developments gone into the game, will throw some cash into the mix.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
It shouldn't be. At least law wise. They consented in both.
i've seen some devs. switch their patreon page into an "art" acount.

basically they still work on the game but as far as the patreon page is concerned they only use it to show off a few renders even if they don't upload the game there anymore.

MR Dots the dev for DMD ended up using patreon to develop another game while releasing the game that got him in trouble (DMD) here on f95 every 3rd month i believe.

so yeah if you dont wanna lose your patreon acount just use it for something else.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Alright, i wish he told me this the first time. So apparently the OP having an incest patch is getting me in trouble. I don't make the patch and i don't have power to remove it. i mean i can remove it from the OP, but mods/admins will put it back.

hopefully they are understanding that the patch not being mine is enough.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: clowns234

justin97978

Apr 14, 2019
yup, there definitely is some content i would like to use but Patreon is holding me back. I'll think about it and see how patreon goes with this first.
i prefer patreon, but i support on both, if you would find it to be better for you and the game. the true fans will follow where you decide to go.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Alright, i wish he told me this the first time. So apparently the OP having an incest patch is getting me in trouble. I don't make the patch and i don't have power to remove it. i mean i can remove it from the OP, but mods/admins will put it back.

I don't know if you made the patch or someone else but they think you made it because you are the thread owner and the patch is directly hosted on F95 and not as many other incest patches on lewdpatcher.

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
Yep, I said they would get you for the Incest Patch even if it isn't yours.

Unfortunately as I said but deleted in a Edit by mistake, Patreon doesn't really like adult games anyway and have made a few pushes to get rid of them/Hugely limit them. And by "patreon doesnt like them" i mean "the banks dont like them and patreon will bend to them hands down"

I'd say take the advice of someone on here and make your patreon about art or something, where you post the wallpaper or something from this game and just put the game itself on one of the other sites, Itch, Subscribestar I think its called etc.
Unless you plan on making a special edition or whatever for higher tier patrons your not really losing out.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

Is that why some Devs put name-change ability in the game? To avoid the need for a patch.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
That doesn't make sense, as tons of games here have Ipatch links in their OP, and still have Patreon pages. They must have been led to believe that there was a link to the Ipatch, somewhere on your Patreon, or a link from there to here. Don't see why they would care what is on a pirate site. That isn't even their purview. Just keep your Patreon page clean, and they should be fine. Right? Stupid Patreon nonsense. :mad: With the increase in SubScribeStar popularity lately, I can't see you losing a lot of support if you dumped Patreon, and went with them, but I can understand that can be a risk.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Also copying that and making it a description of the game on the Patreon page would probably be helpful, so they don't have to go hunting for it. Unless it's locked, I couldn't find an actual public description or intro for the game on the Patreon page. ;)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That doesn't make sense, as tons of games here have Ipatch links in their OP, and still have Patreon pages. They must have been led to believe that there was a link to the Ipatch, somewhere on your Patreon, or a link from there to here. Don't see why they would care what is on a pirate site. That isn't even their purview. Just keep your Patreon page clean, and they should be fine. Right? Stupid Patreon nonsense. :mad: With the increase in SubScribeStar popularity lately, I can't see you losing a lot of support if you dumped Patreon, and went with them, but I can understand that can be a risk.
I agree that Patreon as a rule doesn't scan the internet unless they have a reason. My guess is someone complained directly to Patreon, and since this is the site they referenced... I just hope the Dev finds a way because I would really hate to see this game get abandoned like so many others.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
alright, i don't know what more i can do to show that the incest patch is not mine. I edited the summary on the OP and got the patch removed. It's now being shared on lewdpatcher, but it's not part of the OP directly any more. i sent patreon an email that even my request to F95 to remove incest from the OP was denied.

They should see now that it is out of my hands.

WardenPlaysz

Nov 4, 2020
I agree that Patreon as a rule doesn't scan the internet unless they have a reason. My guess is someone complained directly to Patreon, and since this is the site they referenced... I just hope the Dev finds a way because I would really hate to see this game get abandoned like so many others.
Patreon have been known to actively search through content that isn't on their website and ban people for "Terms and conditions violations" on stuff that isn't on their site. I think 3 years ago, could be 2/4 though, they had a massive wave of people leave Patreon all together because they felt they could be arbitrarily banned for content that was said/done whilst not on their platform (or those they supported were getting banned), because they were also banning people retroactively (saying/doing something before they were on patreon, but was still on the internet once they were)

Reactions: clowns234
3.20 star(s) 17 Votes