3.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
thanks, i got your sounds and codes. i'll play with it tomorrow, if i try to do it while sleepy, it will only make it harder lol.
Fair enough, it's 0513 hours where I am so I should go to sleep too, ah the perils of being a dev, late nights eh?

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
you could say that, now that i released CH 1, i've been playing catch up on other peoples games lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhaiguize

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
you could say that, now that i release CH 1, i've been playing catch up on other peoples games lol.
I try that, I mean I'm on holiday for a month right now. But I always find after a week or so I want to create some more, So I start a new video, put more scenes in the game, carry on writing my books, or make music or anything. I'm a bit of a workaholic in that respect, can't sit down for too long.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
gotcha and i can already see what you mean. I do want to start on the next scenes, but I'm trying to learn blender first. I want to make custom assets in the future.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
gotcha and i can already see what you mean. I do want to start on the next scenes, but I'm trying to learn blender first. I want to make custom assets in the future.
Blender could take a while to learn but is industry standard. I don't think you'll learn all of it before people want chapter 2 though (Especially when they see that little scene and start to ask for 2-3 scenes per update!)...Up to you but this is fine in Daz to be honest, a future project might be a better play around with Blender. Step and stones y'know?

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
yeah, i'm not trying to learn it all. i'm just trying to get a little bit in between breaks. i definitely won't be going hard on the tutorials during production time.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
yeah, i'm not trying to learn it all. i'm just trying to get a little bit in between breaks. i definitely won't be going hard on the tutorials during production time.
Right well I'm going to sleep, look forward to more scenes with the Aunt.

Reactions: dartred

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
also, a former English major has volunteered to proofread my script earlier today, so next release should have a major improvement in that aspect. may lord have mercy on that poor mans soul as he has to go through my raw scripts lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I would personally advise against sandbox. It's hard to get right and more often than not, it becomes a chore akin to playing RPGM.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I would personally advise for sandbox. It's hard to get right but more often than not, it becomes something intensely re-playable as opposed to something linear akin to a short story book.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I would personally advise for sandbox. It's hard to get right but more often than not, it becomes something intensely re-playable as opposed to something linear akin to a short story book.
I mean look at it, on one hand you have Good Girl Gone Bad - intensely replayable and in a relatively linear fashion. On the other hand you have Summertime Saga, which is sandbox done right. Yet Summertime Saga took a lot of time to get its replayability right. If there comes a time when there's enough content that sandbox makes sense, then sure.

But all sandbox affords games with barely any content is filler in the name of being replayable to make up for the lack of actual content. And when things progress in a linear faction like Power Vacuum, that's even worse because it makes it a chore to get through events.

Jan 28, 2018
I mean look at it, on one hand you have Good Girl Gone Bad - intensely replayable and in a relatively linear fashion. On the other hand you have Summertime Saga, which is sandbox done right. Yet Summertime Saga took a lot of time to get its replayability right. If there comes a time when there's enough content that sandbox makes sense, then sure.

But all sandbox affords games with barely any content is filler in the name of being replayable to make up for the lack of actual content. And when things progress in a linear faction like Power Vacuum, that's even worse because it makes it a chore to get through events.
so its a chore to click a room and read the event that happens?

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
so its a chore to click a room and read the event that happens?
It's a chore to click a room to go outside, then click a building, then click a hallway and then click a door and then read what happens and do it all over again to get back to the main building and so on. But when it's just a house, it's a chore because you're clicking the advance time button half the time.

May 30, 2017
It's a chore to click a room to go outside, then click a building, then click a hallway and then click a door and then read what happens and do it all over again to get back to the main building and so on. But when it's just a house, it's a chore because you're clicking the advance time button half the time.
Stop complaining like a crybaby. Its a good game.

3.20 star(s) 17 Votes