Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
How bright is Chloe, though? She is still to fulfill her dream, falls into every dik she finds,
pursues all the deranged avenues known to skanks, but still cannot, 4 the life of her,
get enough money to straighten herself out and start building her life up from the ashes.

The mc is kind of an idiot though. GDS took a reverse hollywood approach here: Replace the female mc with a boring male mc
A fair take.

But as a straight male who likes to quasi-self insert himself into these kinds games, I liked the idea of a Male MC's POV in the Chloe universe. Even if I don't fully agree with the MC's actions.

But my point stands. Either continue developing FF or ChloeBtC and have them be separate games where I can enjoy them individually. Fake Family could by a spin-off or non-canon for all I care. If the game has a grounded protagonist with good character development (as the plot is interesting already for me), then it's still going to be a good game and I can still enjoy it while also enjoying the other game for entirely different reasons :sneaky:.

MC in this family con game has a car, does heists, goes to strip bars,
takes his gurls to many avenues,
what is there not to like about all the attention?
He might not get character development himself, but the action is amazing.
Now, why cannot Chloe mirror that and get herself a stake in her own life?

Tragic Princess

Dec 30, 2019
I'm really becoming less enthused each update knowing that, it's sadly becoming another Chloe game. If the Devs didn't get the supporters they were hoping maybe that was because people were skeptic that this story would actually be different from the same song and dance, but it wasn't. It was only a matter of time before Chloe presence took over the game., which she did unfortunately.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Man, only Chloe? What a letdown. I mean, I like her, but as others already said, that thirst was kinda sated already. Oh well.

Reactions: DanLong

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I always forget how stupidly grindy the Chloe games are. "You need 25 points. You only get +2 per event. And you can only do ne event a day, which takes away the ability to do anything else for that day..." Sheesh.

At least I found the scene replay gallery, I guess. Thouhg it's missing a lot of scenes that I'm not really wanting to grind out.

Jecht Alzer

Feb 25, 2018
MC in this family con game has a car, does heists, goes to strip bars,
takes his gurls to many avenues,
what is there not to like about all the attention?
He might not get character development himself, but the action is amazing.
Now, why cannot Chloe mirror that and get herself a stake in her own life?
For someone who commits crime on a regular basis, the MC lacks the sort of 'grit' you expect from these kinds of characters. Why is he taking the shit he's taking from STUDENTS when he's already achieved a lot albeit dubiously?

But I could also see it as the way GDS intended Travis to be. Maybe they wanted him to be comical and while I enjoy that less, I still find it fun.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
I'm really becoming less enthused each update knowing that, it's sadly becoming another Chloe game. If the Devs didn't get the supporters they were hoping maybe that was because people were skeptic that this story would actually be different from the same song and dance, but it wasn't. It was only a matter of time before Chloe presence took over the game., which she did unfortunately.
There’s really only so much left you can do with this franchise, we’ve pretty much seen her fucked in every way possible, in almost every scenario. This was supposed to be an opportunity to present a fresh cast and fresh start, but as you’ve just mentioned the Dev can’t seem to give the Chloe character a break, failed opportunity in my book. Spend time building characters, especially the MC, that’s would’ve helped a lot.

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
I'm really becoming less enthused each update knowing that, it's sadly becoming another Chloe game. .....
And that is the problem - the game is named "CHLOE 18 - Fake Family" and was advertised a Chloe 18 game from the beginning. That alone implies for most people who knows Chloe 18 it is a Chloe game with Chloe as the MC. I think many started the game with the expectation that it will continue Chloe18BTC and it didn't. No wonder that the patreons were not enthusiastic about it. The takeover by Chloe is only one consequence of this. If GDS named the game just Fake Family ( a story in the Chloe 18 Universe) without the advertisement that it's a Chloe story like with 'Hanna's boat trip' everything would have been not fine but better and GDS could have used Chloe as a NPC. There would be still be disappointment because of the open ends in Chloe18BTC and the delay of the Chloe story, but it would be ok for the most because it could be created like a new game like Hanna's boat trip that just happened to play in the same universe.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Do I need to play other Chloe games first or I can jump straight to this one? Does the story connected?

SCP 001

Aug 21, 2017
Do I need to play other Chloe games first or I can jump straight to this one? Does the story connected?
Chloe18 Fake Family features a completely new protagonist and you can just jump straight into this game without knowledge of prior games. The previous games are fine though, so you could check those out if you like this one (here's a list of all the Chloe18 games in chronological order).

The only thing you need to know about Chloe (main protagonist of the other Chloe18 games; she's also playable in this game) is that she's been trying forever to become a cheerleader, but in the early Chloe18 games she fucked everyone and everything and so she became known as a huge slut. To become a cheerleader she now needs to convince everyone that she's not the biggest slut around and that Taylor (blonde, petite girl who the main protagonist named Trevis lives with) is actually the biggest slut in town. The story isn't the main aspect of the games though, so you're not missing out on anything if you go into this game blind.

Last edited:
Reactions: fortuna95
4.00 star(s) 81 Votes