Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
The only thing that could stop this update getting released shortly is Philly can't help himself from adding things. He was just working in a new animation that eats monster mb, but is graphically just amazing.

Trying to get the cleanest script out there for everyone is a time-consuming job. The proof is not really done, as one more pass is still needed, but it's likely the cleanest release from that end yet.

As for hype, I don't believe this episode can be hyped enough. Since it's meant to be able to be placed on Steam after this chapter is complete, and Philly doesn't make decisions like that recklessly, expect something impressive.

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
The only thing that could stop this update getting released shortly is Philly can't help himself from adding things. He was just working in a new animation that eats monster mb, but is graphically just amazing.

Trying to get the cleanest script out there for everyone is a time-consuming job. The proof is not really done, as one more pass is still needed, but it's likely the cleanest release from that end yet.

As for hype, I don't believe this episode can be hyped enough. Since it's meant to be able to be placed on Steam after this chapter is complete, and Philly doesn't make decisions like that recklessly, expect something impressive.
As someone who already thinks the animations are amazing I'm still having trouble picturing what these next level, more complex ones we keep hearing about are even supposed to look like. It's also great to hear it's going on steam before completion. The steam avenue gives another means to show support for Philly which is good in my opinion. Hype certainly gets higher with each new post.

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019

Dev Update #50
Holy crap, 50 updates! I feel that timing syncs up pretty well.
Now, for what you are all waiting for. Expect release in a matter of days so fixers and up will get it this month. In the almost three years that I have been doing this, I feel this update is the one I am most proud of. I know the first month or so on this chapter I was a bit slow getting my feet back under me, but these last couple months have been great. I said before that this is the most work I have done on a single chapter, and I hope it shows.
The file size for this update got big, really big. Therefore, I have made an upgrade patch, so if you have a clean install of 0.6 you can update it without downloading the full thing. This has been tested and is working.
Also, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about custom renders this month. I will put out a poll in a couple days. As per usual after a release I will take it easy for a few days, so it will mostly be custom work, some admin type stuff, and outlining chapter 8.
I am super excited to see what you guys think when it lands.
As always stay awesome!
Philly
Based on his words that fixers and higher tiers will get this update this month and that Corporate Doc tier will get the updates 10 days earlier than fixers we should expect a release for Corporate Doc tier today or tomorrow.

25.gif

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Dev Update #50
Holy crap, 50 updates! I feel that timing syncs up pretty well.
Now, for what you are all waiting for. Expect release in a matter of days so fixers and up will get it this month. In the almost three years that I have been doing this, I feel this update is the one I am most proud of. I know the first month or so on this chapter I was a bit slow getting my feet back under me, but these last couple months have been great. I said before that this is the most work I have done on a single chapter, and I hope it shows.
The file size for this update got big, really big. Therefore, I have made an upgrade patch, so if you have a clean install of 0.6 you can update it without downloading the full thing. This has been tested and is working.
Also, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about custom renders this month. I will put out a poll in a couple days. As per usual after a release I will take it easy for a few days, so it will mostly be custom work, some admin type stuff, and outlining chapter 8.
I am super excited to see what you guys think when it lands.
As always stay awesome!
Philly

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
This chapter will present a "break point" in the story, allowing Philly to put what will feel like a "season 1" of CoBD on Steam.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018

Adding shit is fun though. :D

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Well, originally, Philly didn't see an access point to be able to post the game to Steam because the story is so intricate. But he quickly came to a realization that such a point could also work in terms of storytelling. And now, it turns out, he's reached that point.

So, I'd say both comments are correct.

Connoisseur

Oct 29, 2019
Don't know if someone has asked this before, but does anyone know what does Philly use for the render? Is it daz like most games or is it blender? Or maybe something else?

Because his render is one of the most amazing and detailed render out here and i would really like to know which tool he use to achieve it

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Don't know if someone has asked this before, but does anyone know what does Philly use for the render? Is it daz like most games or is it blender? Or maybe something else?

Because his render is one of the most amazing and detailed render out here and i would really like to know which tool he use to achieve it
Octane and a combination of other tools.

If you go back, listen to his Q&A session and I know he goes through quite a bit of the "behind the scenes" stuff that might be relevant to you.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Nice, I thought another day or two for the release but that's even better.
Naw...it was close and wanted to get it out early enough so Fixer tier can get the game before July's bill. Steam also complicates things for how much you can "sell" the game for on patreon (min donation for full game access).

4.80 star(s) 394 Votes