der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
1624732329166.png

More ass! I couldn't resist with Doc.

I'll make this one quick since I am going to be starting the comic in a couple hours so I can have it finished up tomorrow or early Monday. It is a close poll this time round, so augments and up get your vote in.

Now, for progress, we are at 685 renders and also 41 animations. Expect that number to not go up as high next week since I want to focus on a few other items and polish up what is currently done before I hit the last chunk of the update.

As always, stay awesome guys!

Philly

Schattenlust

Sep 3, 2018
View attachment 1266532

I'll make this one quick since I am going to be starting the comic in a couple hours so I can have it finished up tomorrow or early Monday. It is a close poll this time round, so augments and up get your vote in.

Now, for progress, we are at 685 renders and also 41 animations. Expect that number to not go up as high next week since I want to focus on a few other items and polish up what is currently done before I hit the last chunk of the update.

Philly
assman strikes again!

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
View attachment 1266532

Philly
Holy shitsticks, Batman!!!

tenor.gif

One of so many reasons why I love Katie!!

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
View attachment 1266532

Philly

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1266532

Philly
Let's see. Philly completed 73 static renders and 6 animations this week. His average is 76 static and 4.6 animations renders per week. His static render rate has been almost invariant during development. His animation render rate has varied a bit more, but is still relatively consistent. Here are the charts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
From the charts, it looks like we're still a month or so away from matching Chapter 9's static render totals. Given how consistent his static render rate is, he's probably running a full queue so I doubt that time could be improved (other than by having fewer statics than Chapter 9, obviously). That's broadly consistent with Philly's suggestion that he will "hit the last chunk of the update" after next week, especially if Chapter 10 winds up being heavier on animations than its predecessor. All in all, I'd say we're probably still estimating an early August release (at least until we learn more about the scope of the chapter).

As for this weeks render, finally an ass I care about! The setting is pretty clearly back at the Stairway to Heaven, so it looks like the chapter will extend beyond the MC's roadtrip with Sonja and Gloria. On the one hand that's good, because we didn't really have much downtime in Chapter 9. On the other hand, I do worry that we're going to get yet another derivative Katie sex scene.

Don't get me wrong, I love Katie as much as the next guy and her first proper scene in Chapter 6 was fantastic. But since then we keep getting more of the same: no new setting, no new topics of conversation or new things to try out. It feels like Katie's arc has been on hold for the last year even though she remains a frequent participant in story. Hopefully she can start to shake things up now, but it's hard to believe we'll devote a lot of time to events back at base after we wrap up the mech-hunting roadtrip.

I guess we'll see. At any rate, worrying about less-than-optimal Katie content is clearly a first-world problem. :p

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Let's see. Philly completed 73 static renders and 6 animations this week. His average is 76 static and 4.6 animations renders per week. His static render rate has been almost invariant during development. His animation render rate has varied a bit more, but is still relatively consistent. Here are the charts.
From the charts, it looks like we're still a month or so away from matching Chapter 9's static render totals. Given how consistent his static render rate is, he's probably running a full queue so I doubt that time could be improved (other than by having fewer statics than Chapter 9, obviously). That's broadly consistent with Philly's suggestion that he will "hit the last chunk of the update" after next week, especially if Chapter 10 winds up being heavier on animations than its predecessor. All in all, I'd say we're probably still estimating an early August release (at least until we learn more about the scope of the chapter).

As for this weeks render, finally an ass I care about! The setting is pretty clearly back at the Stairway to Heaven, so it looks like the chapter will extend beyond the MC's roadtrip with Sonja and Gloria. On the one hand that's good, because we didn't really have much downtime in Chapter 9. On the other hand, I do worry that we're going to get yet another derivative Katie sex scene.

Don't get me wrong, I love Katie as much as the next guy and her first proper scene in Chapter 6 was fantastic. But since then we keep getting more of the same: no new setting, no new topics of conversation or new things to try out. It feels like Katie's arc has been on hold for the last year even though she remains a frequent participant in story. Hopefully she can start to shake things up now, but it's hard to believe we'll devote a lot of time to events back at base after we wrap up the mech-hunting roadtrip.

I guess we'll see. At any rate, worrying about less-than-optimal Katie content is clearly a first-world problem. :p
In the scene when he gets back after the fight in Chapter 8, she did tell him she loves him. Now, he hasn't said anything like that to her but in Chapter 6 he did say "you mean more to me than anyone." so I guess that's his way of telling her he loves her. I don't know if he'll actually say it at some point but I want to see more of the type of scene in Chapter 6 rather than the Chapter 8 quickie.

But I do agree, I think the dialogue between MC/Katie needs to be more varied. which I'm sure it'll be in the future. Maybe when he gets back with the two girls they'll talk more after the scene, who knows but I am getting a little weary of EVERYTHING revolving around Gloria.

I get that she's the main focus of the game and all, but playing fetch for everything she needs for a normal life is getting a little tiresome. I love this game, I mean, fucking love it. It's my co #1 VN, but I can't wait until they leave Stairway to Heaven for a new setting. Been there now for what 4-5 chapters? What would happen if the MC & Katie checked on her old clinic? What would happen if Chandy & Ellen met? Or Chandy & Katie? Or Abby, Chandy and Katie/Ellen (or both)?

Just what I think about I guess. Is everyone eventually going to move in to StH or are they all going to be shacked up somewhere together in a new safe house on the fringes of town?

Just so curious and maybe a bit impatient.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
In the scene when he gets back after the fight in Chapter 8, she did tell him she loves him. Now, he hasn't said anything like that to her but in Chapter 6 he did say "you mean more to me than anyone." so I guess that's his way of telling her he loves her. I don't know if he'll actually say it at some point but I want to see more of the type of scene in Chapter 6 rather than the Chapter 8 quickie.

But I do agree, I think the dialogue between MC/Katie needs to be more varied. which I'm sure it'll be in the future. Maybe when he gets back with the two girls they'll talk more after the scene, who knows but I am getting a little weary of EVERYTHING revolving around Gloria.

I get that she's the main focus of the game and all, but playing fetch for everything she needs for a normal life is getting a little tiresome. I love this game, I mean, fucking love it. It's my co #1 VN, but I can't wait until they leave Stairway to Heaven for a new setting. Been there now for what 4-5 chapters? What would happen if the MC & Katie checked on her old clinic? What would happen if Chandy & Ellen met? Or Chandy & Katie? Or Abby, Chandy and Katie/Ellen (or both)?

Just what I think about I guess. Is everyone eventually going to move in to StH or are they all going to be shacked up somewhere together in a new safe house on the fringes of town?

Just so curious and maybe a bit impatient.
I have to agree. the scenery has become a bit stale and boring,and it needs to change. Chandra is not a part of the "group" that work together to help Gloria and doesn't have any interactions with other members of the group besides mc,and that's why she's been kinda left out. I get that she works for the group indirectly by providing info about her mother,but still I don't see any character development from her until she meets other female characters.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Just spent the entire evening until midnight watching/replaying this wonderful work... it is still my favourite VN here, and there are some other very fine and creatively rewarding VNs here too. But I get lost in the buzz of City of Broken Dreamers like no other... I find it so well constructed, so well realised, I love everything about it. Katie is the most gorgeous model I have ever seen. Love the art and animation, but its the story, the characters and the production that blows me away each time. Thank you so much, Philly Games!

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
And this is the second confirmed misconduct of Jake. The first one: he ate Katie's kitty just once and only after she sat on his face. Just for comparison, he ate Victoria's kitty voluntarily and twice. Given the difference in their sincerity, this is inexcusable to Jake, isn't it :unsure:

By the line "you mean more to me than anyone" he could actually mean lots of things besides "I love you", I don't think Katie with her attitude will be satisfied with this specific expression of feelings.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
And this is the second confirmed misconduct of Jake. The first one: he ate Katie's kitty just once and only after she sat on his face. Just for comparison, he ate Victoria's kitty voluntarily and twice. Given the difference in their sincerity, this is inexcusable to Jake, isn't it :unsure:

By the line "you mean more to me than anyone" he could actually mean lots of things besides "I love you", I don't think Katie with her attitude will be satisfied with this specific expression of feelings.
Agreed I think she would want to hear those three little words. If it was me I'd be saying it to her before we went on a run and when we got back. That's just me

Jill_Royce

Jan 13, 2021
View attachment 1266532

Philly

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I have to agree. the scenery has become a bit stale and boring,and it needs to change. Chandra is not a part of the "group" that work together to help Gloria and doesn't have any interactions with other members of the group besides mc,and that's why she's been kinda left out. I get that she works for the group indirectly by providing info about her mother,but still I don't see any character development from her until she meets other female characters.
Ya I've often wondered if Philly can find a way to integrate her more into the story. If she ever meets Katie I'm not sure what I'm going to do, lol, since I really like them both.

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
i just got to play the last update.... and i have to say it was kinda disappointing, dont know what it is, but the update felt realy short. And this was in development for 5-6 months? o0

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
i just got to play the last update.... and i have to say it was kinda disappointing, dont know what it is, but the update felt realy short. And this was in development for 5-6 months? o0
3 different paths to the same story, a little less game time if you only play one but same amount of work for Philly.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Wanted to compare two mysterious female characters from the TOP-2 VNs in terms of how they are written and implemented from a story point of view in a small comparative note. As both the games are sort of story-driven I find this comparison appropriate. A battle of titans: Victoria (Philly's CoBD) vs. Isabella (DPC's BaDIK)

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
That's a very good read my friend. And I agree on the writing trick as well but I am also intrigued what Philly would do with Isabella as a character in general. No doubt she's one of the most intriguing characters in that game.

If Philly did use that sort of writing in CoBD I think the game would be untouchable as a #1 game on here (to me, it's pretty close to already being that.)

4.70 star(s) 406 Votes