GhostBloodakaGB

May 18, 2018
Pepeada? bc pipiada means that it has dicks in it and i ain't a fan of dicks in my arepa :unsure: and well the fact that she is latina and says modism like ''coño de la madre'' does give a vibe that she's from Venezuela either she is or she likes those insults, either way is a win win character for me, verga nojoda si se muere me pego un tiro en el guebo
bro you tripping, a lot of Spanish dialects use that. Mexican, American Spanish, central american spanish which i have personally experienced language like that.

Jul 5, 2020
bro you tripping, a lot of Spanish dialects use that. Mexican, American Spanish, central american spanish which i have personally experienced language like that.
Eh, i'm no fan of patriotism or saying that things are exclusive of a country/place/etc, but quote on quote coño de la madre is a modism/insult that is mostly used in those three caribbean countries (other ones could be colombia and cuba) i never in my life had a mexican say that, so as a speaker of the ''español tumbao or caribeño'' i stay confident that only a few countries use that( but hey maybe i'm wrong and nicaragua or other central american countries use it, but i'd never experienced before) :whistle:

Kiomi6

Feb 18, 2020
Trying to download through Mega and keep getting a Failed: "Write Error" any assist with how to fix this so I can download

ChandraBestGirl

Jun 20, 2021
I don't agree with those saying Gloria's first "action" scene being a dream sequence is a letdown. It's not like MC is just there fantasizing: you and Gloria are sharing the dream together, so it's more like a VR than a pure dream. Although, one which apparently she did not consent to, which raises all kinds of interesting questions of ethics and/or kink. But in any event, what's this about the sex not being "real"? "This game did not cause naked women to show up at my house and fuck me in real life, 0/10".

Btw, the very moment the script feels the need to insist that Abby is "not a child" (wink, wink, she was previously characterized as "jailbait") it was clear we were about to have some fun, haha.

Thought: when the game is finished, there should be an achievement for completing the story without having sex. It could be called: "Aces!"

Reactions: blarg0192

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I don't agree with those saying Gloria's first "action" scene being a dream sequence is a letdown. It's not like MC is just there fantasizing: you and Gloria are sharing the dream together, so it's more like a VR than a pure dream. Although, one which apparently she did not consent to, which raises all kinds of interesting questions of ethics and/or kink. But in any event, what's this about the sex not being "real"? "This game did not cause naked women to show up at my house and fuck me in real life, 0/10".

Btw, the very moment the script feels the need to insist that Abby is "not a child" (wink, wink, she was previously characterized as "jailbait") it was clear we were about to have some fun, haha.

Thought: when the game is finished, there should be an achievement for completing the story without having sex. It could be called: "Aces!"
The Virgin chad.
This reminds me of a game where you are a virgin warrior and you can actually preserve it the whole game and get a damage boost, I did, then I was supposed to replay the game but I thought.....wtf did I do all that for?

Reactions: ChandraBestGirl

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
That scene could be a dream where the MC is dreaming about Meredith.
Well, Jake was really shocked watching Meredith "relax" (his line: "not sleeping a week"), such an experience must have left its imprint in Jake's subconscious, so dreaming of Meredith doesn't seem out of place. I'm curious how Gloria would react to this as such dreams don't happen without her :unsure:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I can't agree. Gloria didn't share the dream with the MC, she was a completely different character during the dream that just happened to look like Gloria. Sure, none of the characters in the game are *real*, but they are still characters within the story. The Gloria in that dream, however, was utterly unrelated to Gloria in the game. It's no more meaningful than watching a sex scene from another game that happens to use a model that looks like Gloria.

We didn't learn anything about her (or the MC) from that dream, nor did the dream change much based on our previous actions with Gloria. Even after we wake up and discuss the dream with the 'real' Gloria, we still get no insight into her, and again, what we get is one size fits all: there's very little variation in her attitude regardless of her history with the MC. And the Victoria dream was even worse.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course, so if you liked the dream scenes good for you. But I loathed them. Granted, I normally loathe dream sequences that are nothing more than an excuse for gratuitous sex, but I expected a lot more from a game like City of Broken Dreamers. Instead, it lived down to the worst aspects of the trope.

It was a massive wasted opportunity, IMHO, and those dreams are on the short list for the worst scenes in the game so far.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Ya I thought the dream sequences initially were going to be a way to have the player be given an option to get onto a solid romantic path with Gloria by having some kind of a sex dream where it was just the two of them, but the way it ended up was really kinda cringe.

Reactions: ename144

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I can't agree. Gloria didn't share the dream with the MC, she was a completely different character during the dream that just happened to look like Gloria. Sure, none of the characters in the game are *real*, but they are still characters within the story. The Gloria in that dream, however, was utterly unrelated to Gloria in the game. It's no more meaningful than watching a sex scene from another game that happens to use a model that looks like Gloria.

We didn't learn anything about her (or the MC) from that dream, nor did the dream change much based on our previous actions with Gloria. Even after we wake up and discuss the dream with the 'real' Gloria, we still get no insight into her, and again, what we get is one size fits all: there's very little variation in her attitude regardless of her history with the MC. And the Victoria dream was even worse.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course, so if you liked the dream scenes good for you. But I loathed them. Granted, I normally loathe dream sequences that are nothing more than an excuse for gratuitous sex, but I expected a lot more from a game like City of Broken Dreamers. Instead, it lived down to the worst aspects of the trope.

It was a massive wasted opportunity, IMHO, and those dreams are on the short list for the worst scenes in the game so far.
Me, I am not sure if those dreams scenes are wasting of opportunity. For my experiency, reading and watching drama, I think that Gloria from the dreams could be an "alterego", a hidden personality inside the "real" Gloria(similar to what happen with Jean Grey and the entity Phoenix). But let just wait for the next chapters, I think Philly will explain that question to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChandraBestGirl

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I do agree that we get no insight on GLoria from those dreams, more like we get them from Jake and Ellen in the last one for exemple.
But i guess they are the only way for making "sex scenes" with Gloria so far (for anyone crazy enough to go for that since she does tend to lose control of her powers there :LOL: ).

But i wouldn't call it the worst thing in the game. For me nothing was worse than the stupid borderline "acidental death" Tex got.:confused:

• Sad
Reactions: beef-devourer

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
nothing was worse than the stupid borderline "acidental death" Tex got.:confused:
Dammit I miss this bastard and that comedian rivalry between Charlie-Tex and Jake. Comedian but not grotesque and unbelievably forced as opposed to the MC vs Tybbie line in BaDIK. Tex also contributed a value to dialogues with Sonja.

Currently there are no men after Jake's ass except maybe Red Moon that is not exactly a human. My apprehension is that the story will go a sort of harem style route where Jake is a "Charlie's angels" squad commander.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Dammit I miss this bastard and that comedian rivalry between Charlie-Tex and Jake. Comedian but not grotesque and unbelievably forced as opposed to the MC vs Tybbie line in BaDIK. Tex also contributed a value to dialogues with Sonja.

Currently there are no men after Jake's ass except maybe Red Moon that is not exactly a human. My apprehension is that the story will go a sort of harem style route where Jake is a "Charlie's angels" squad commander.
Yeah the back and forth with Charlie/Sonja was pretty comedic. Gave me a few laughs the first several times I went through it.

I don't want to thing about any "h-word" stuff with this game. I don't care if Ellen & Gloria get together or Chandy/Abby, but I better not see Katie involved in any of that. If we go 14 chapters, and the end has anything remotely like that including her after investing what will be at the time several years in this game, I'm going to be right fucking pissed off.

This game will go from my #1 co-favorite to never EVER being looked at again.

Harsh? Yes. True? Also yes. It's how I am.

And it's also why I think Henry might've been "saved" or "reactivated" by Baynard. Besides the Red Moon, who's the biggest male threat in this game? Him

Reactions: beef-devourer

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
I don't want to thing about any "h-word" stuff with this game. I don't care if Ellen & Gloria get together or Chandy/Abby, but I better not see Katie involved in any of that. If we go 14 chapters, and the end has anything remotely like that including her after investing what will be at the time several years in this game, I'm going to be right fucking pissed off.

This game will go from my #1 co-favorite to never EVER being looked at again.

Harsh? Yes. True? Also yes. It's how I am.
Frankly speaking I see no female characters except perhaps Chandra and Abby who are willing to share their man. Of course on an assumption that the story stays reasonable and believable in terms of relationships. Although I don't mind threesomes and foursomes in dream sequences.

Also I hope any prospective dreams will not only serve fan service needs to give us unbelieavable threesomes and lewd scenes but will contribute to the story.

At least the Gloria-Victoria threesome did it to a minimal extent - Gloria found out about Victoria and her "complicated" relationships with Jake. Gloria looked kinda jealous or angry due to jealousy. But to me her subsequent conversation with Jake seemed a little bit underdeveloped. Gloria could pry deeper and ask for more, thus, enriching the Chapter 9 story value for us.

4.70 star(s) 420 Votes