beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Teri - Shanlon's assistant.
The heels and a fancy night club environment point at her.

Victoria, Shanlon and Katie are bigger; Ellen has tattoos; Sonja's and Gloria's legs look different; Kay is tanned; Abby no longer gets dressed like that, the same is true of Chandra.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
As for random characters, I hope Philly will introduce new non-GDS male characters to occupy vacancies of Henry and Tex. The screen time of Gloria's dad and Red Moon could be extended too. I don't want them to go underused like some characters in Depraved Awakening. Currently (Chapter 9) Jake appears to be the only "real man" in the house that sort of saddens me. That cinder dealer, who drugged Abby up, plays a very minor role and can be disregarded.

If a protagonist is not the only capable male in a story, to me this makes a game stand out among other games as this feature really contributes to the immersion feeling. BaDIK is a good example even though I don't like it from the story and direction point of view. Unfortunately players mostly do not appreciate story-driven VNs very much. Just recall that after completion of DA Philly had approx. a $4000 monthly income on Patreon. Any creepy incest JPRG "game" with a f**kfest instead of a story would achieve this number in 3-4-5 updates :(.

Reactions: Nevrius

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You do not wanna feel man enough to hold your own with these babes? Is that it?
You are their go to real man precisely because you are your own man, your rules,
your tender caresses, your throbbing...
As for random characters, I hope Philly will introduce new non-GDS male characters to occupy vacancies of Henry and Tex. The screen time of Gloria's dad and Red Moon could be extended too. I don't want them to go underused like some characters in Depraved Awakening. Currently (Chapter 9) Jake appears to be the only "real man" in the house that sort of saddens me. That cinder dealer, who drugged Abby up, plays a very minor role and can be disregarded.

If a protagonist is not the only capable male in a story, to me this makes a game stand out among other games as this feature really contributes to the immersion feeling. BaDIK is a good example even though I don't like it from the story and direction point of view. Unfortunately players mostly do not appreciate story-driven VNs very much. Just recall that after completion of DA Philly had approx. a $4000 monthly income on Patreon. Any creepy incest JPRG "game" with a f**kfest instead of a story would achieve this number in 3-4-5 updates :(.
Guys have ta fit the story .. alternative antiheroes, bad characters, short sighted delusionals, inept harrassers.
There is story you watch happen and there is story you drive - in this game, you drive the story.
Watching some other guy build up a persona in your own game is strange to say the least.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

It is sure that the RedMoon will be back and maybe his role will increase now that Henry died but i don't really think we need another Tex. He was the comedy relief and got a ignoble acidental death.
Instead they could bring again some of those mutants like the "werewolf" guy Sonja and Jake visited or the drug dealer "Devil" who Abby knows (yeah i forgot their names :ROFLMAO: ).

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
It is sure that the RedMoon will be back and maybe his role will increase now that Henry died but i don't really think we need another Tex. He was the comedy relief and got a ignoble acidental death.
His death felt actually a bit weird for me, he could totally have been not only comedy relief IMO. He had some depth and seemed competent, yet Philly made him the butt-monkey every time. Always felt he could've been more than that. A massive waste if you ask me.

Man, I really liked Tex, even though he looked fucking ridiculous. Would've preferred if he just lost his hat and sunglasses in a blast or something, then stuck around as a supporting character. Kinda like Shanlon, but less sex. I mean, surely Tex would have contacts that could be useful in the long run, right? He obviously knows the business, and MC being something of a recluse while Sonya being somewhat abrasive to a lot of people, I could totally see him pulling some strings or calling in favors here and there where those two couldn't.

Buuut obviously this is for nothing, he dead now.

... Right?

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
I specify the point of my previous post about introducing more male characters to avoid misunderstanding, I might haven't set it out clearly but I certainly didn't expect it to be that confusing and lead to a weird response.

You do not wanna feel man enough to hold your own with these babes? Is that it?
(...)
Watching some other guy build up a persona in your own game is strange to say the least.
Being the only man in an adult VN is a feature that makes a story of that VN less believable unrealistically artificial, thus, less immersive for those players who prefer a story-driven experience over a fuckkfest for the sake of fuckfest. Lots of players would rather choose a mature well-developed story unaffected by $-J-W censorship and based on its characters and their dialogues, interactions, feelings etc.

If a protagonist is mostly surrounded by (virtual) "babes", this brings a story closer to a generic harem fantasy. Not everyone is into such fantasies considering how childish and crappy they are framed in most cases. Although I don't mind including it in bonus scenes.

Therefore, a VN story will look much more believable if its protagonist interacts with various male characters from time to time just like in BaDIK. It doesn't matter who they are - rivals, enemies, allies, squadmates, episodic characters to stage a scene. Having a sort of buddy figure also contributes to a story value, just recall Liam in Acting Lessons and Derek in BaDIK.

It is sure that the RedMoon will be back and maybe his role will increase now that Henry died
I hope you are right and we'll see more interactions and confrontations with Red Moon that won't be limited to gunfights only.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
PhillyVerse is an interesting place.
In another Universe, Victoria is a sexy "prostitute"?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In another Universe, Sonja is a secretary.
In another Universe, Katie? is a waitress.

Jun 12, 2021
His death felt actually a bit weird for me, he could totally have been not only comedy relief IMO. He had some depth and seemed competent, yet Philly made him the butt-monkey every time. Always felt he could've been more than that. A massive waste if you ask me.

Man, I really liked Tex, even though he looked fucking ridiculous. Would've preferred if he just lost his hat and sunglasses in a blast or something, then stuck around as a supporting character. Kinda like Shanlon, but less sex. I mean, surely Tex would have contacts that could be useful in the long run, right? He obviously knows the business, and MC being something of a recluse while Sonya being somewhat abrasive to a lot of people, I could totally see him pulling some strings or calling in favors here and there where those two couldn't.

Buuut obviously this is for nothing, he dead now.

... Right?
He cannot survive the smash of his head by heavy metal foot (nomen omen). Ridiculous charakter and the same death. Bye, bye Brokeback. But Philly has got a lot bigger crimes in this area. I can't forgive him

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
He cannot survive the smash of his head by heavy metal foot (nomen omen). Ridiculous charakter and the same death. Bye, bye Brokeback. But Philly has got a lot bigger crimes in this area. I can't forgive him
Errm... but there IS a threesome with Stella and Carli in DA. Didn't you get it?

Jun 12, 2021
Errm... but there IS a threesome with Stella and Carli in DA. Didn't you get it?
Eek, I've some missed? I have to go back to the game... :rolleyes: But anyway that was very, very bad, I really liked that girl. TNX bro.
Ninja edit:
I've found it. I made some wrong choice, but luckily made save in correct place of stroryline. Smart ass, aren't I?

Last edited:
Reactions: moskyx
4.70 star(s) 417 Votes