Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
The only mod for this that you should use is scrappy's mod. Let's you mess with the scores too, unlock gallery, etc.

I've been using that mod for forever with this game, never once had a problem. Don't know if that's the mod you're talking about though, you weren't specific

https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-...hrough-cheat-mod-v1-10-1-ch-10-scrappy.30754/

If it is the mod, then do a fresh install, but you're also going to have to wipe out saves, since a modded save can't work with an unmodded game

Last edited:
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Of course you're deterred, if you expect to not like something. But how is that relevant? Wouldn't you just never touch a game, if you expect to not like it?
My goodness! You certainly read a lot into my comment, and not a bit of it valid! You should reread the comments in question, in sequence. See if you get it second time through.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
The only mod for this that you should use is scrappy's mod. Let's you mess with the scores too, unlock gallery, etc.

I've been using that mod for forever with this game, never once had a problem. Don't know if that's the mod you're talking about though, you weren't specific

https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-...hrough-cheat-mod-v1-10-1-ch-10-scrappy.30754/

If it is the mod, then do a fresh install, but you're also going to have to wipe out saves, since a modded save can't work with an unmodded game
First, scrappy's mod is exactly what is causing his problem.
Second, you statement about modded saves not working with unmodded games is nonsense

RebelliousKnightMordred What you could try if you really need this walkthrough mod. Play past the part where you have the issue without the mod, save your game, install the mod, resume your game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
First, scrappy's mod is exactly what is causing his problem.
Second, you statement about modded saves not working with unmodded games is nonsense

RebelliousKnightMordred What you could try if you really need this walkthrough mod. Play past the part where you have the issue without the mod, save your game, install the mod, resume your game.
I've been told, and read, in certain threads, that you can't use modded saves with unmodded games. So don't tell me it's nonsense, I've seen it here, in black and white, so pipe down on the attitude chief.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I've been told, and read, in certain threads, that you can't use modded saves with unmodded games. So don't tell me it's nonsense, I've seen it here, in black and white, so pipe down on the attitude chief.
It really depends on the mod, if it deletes/replaces the original files then saves probably won't work. If it's well done it shouldn't cause any problem (edit: unless dev plagues the script with anti-mod checks as DPC does, and even on that case it should only take a little bit more of work to get past them)

Last edited:

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
It really depends on the mod, if it deletes/replaces the original files then saves probably won't work. If it's well done it shouldn't be any problem (edit: unless dev plagues the script with anti-mod checks as DPC does, and even on that case it should only take a little bit more of work to get past them)
That's why I said in certain games and threads. I know I've had problems with a certain recent poster's mod with this game, which is why I stay on scrappy's and use Lain's as well for other games, that's why I know it's not nonsense

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Sorry, I should have phrased it differently. I'm not saying it's not possible that mods break your saves, but it should be rare.

But I read this as if you're saying that modded saves will never work on an unmodded game:
since a modded save can't work with an unmodded game

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
An Ignored Member's post aside. it just stinks that the mod has worked flawlessly for other people and for some it causes heaps of trouble, but that's not just for this mod. I know for other games that I have in my sig it's the same thing. Been using scrappy's for as long as I remember after drifting away from the other mod after techie issues

I know not everything works for everyone, I guess I've just gotten lucky on the mod front.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
As someone who beta tests this very game...and gets to watch and answer support questions (thankfully there are usually very few since it is a pretty straight forward VN), 99% of issues related to COBD are mod induced....and I immediately qualify any questions regarding gameplay by asking if the player modified the game. If so, I wipe my hands of it. Trying to do a max score/variable modified harem style playthrough will put your save in conflict and cause issues triggering events etc etc. If you want to install a mod and just hit a gallery unlock to wank...go nuts. That's about all they are good for in this case.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
As someone who beta tests this very game...and gets to watch and answer support questions (thankfully there are usually very few since it is a pretty straight forward VN), 99% of issues related to COBD are mod induced....and I immediately qualify any questions regarding gameplay by asking if the player modified the game. If so, I wipe my hands of it. Trying to do a max score/variable modified harem style playthrough will put your save in conflict and cause issues triggering events etc etc. If you want to install a mod and just hit a gallery unlock to wank...go nuts. That's about all they are good for in this case.
Hey Bison, not to kick a dead horse or anything, and I completely understand what you're saying here. The only reason why I started using the mod was because I didn't like the .PDF walkthroughs that were being released. Since I only do runs with one girl (Katie) which will all know about because of my history in this thread, I didn't like having >90% of the gallery unlocked.

I don't mess with the scores, I only watch the new chapter scenes once just to see them, and that's it. I started using WT mods for a couple of games I got off of SteamUnlocked before I bought them on actual Steam and before I came here. I guess the whole thing got out of control to where I use WT PDFs/WT mods on almost every game I have, but especially so with this one.

Quite frankly, I've never had a problem with most of my mods for the games; no errors, tracebacks, crashes etc. Just lucky I guess. I tried going through one game once without a mod/WT, and I didn't feel comfortable without one. I try to help those who have problems with mods for certain games, but in the end, most decide to not use the mod anymore after a couple of failed attempts of using one.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Great game with another banger story and characters - which isn't surprising to me after playing Depraved Awakening !
Loved the song in the Pit, had to check it out after playing the game.
Can't wait for further chapters ...

Nov 20, 2021
Gloria looks way underage to me. Her face looks like a girl in first grade, but the rest of her body looks like a young adults.

Teri also has the face of a first grader, but unlike Gloria her body looks more developed as a woman.

Seems like a trend with games here... and I find it creepy. Like I wonder just who are they marketing for... pedos? Because not every guy is into woman that look like first graders. I'm not. Gloria's face as a child looks EXACTLY the same as an adult... which is reality breaking and disturbing.

The only ones in the game who do not look creepy to me is Katie, the MC's ex wife, and Shanlon... but Shanlon acts creepy.

His ex I tried to like but could not get over how she speaks to the MC.

Of them all Katie is by far the most normal and nice so far.

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes