Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Gloria looks way underage to me. Her face looks like a girl in first grade, but the rest of her body looks like a young adults.

Teri also has the face of a first grader, but unlike Gloria her body looks more developed as a woman.

Seems like a trend with games here... and I find it creepy. Like I wonder just who are they marketing for... pedos? Because not every guy is into woman that look like first graders. I'm not. Gloria's face as a child looks EXACTLY the same as an adult... which is reality breaking and disturbing.

The only ones in the game who do not look creepy to me is Katie, the MC's ex wife, and Shanlon... but Shanlon acts creepy.

His ex I tried to like but could not get over how she speaks to the MC.

Of them all Katie is by far the most normal and nice so far.
Being one of Katie's most loyal super-fans on this site and in this game, it didn't matter to me who or what the other LIs looked like in this game. Personally, I love Asian women, and Ellen would've been my first choice, if I didn't see Katie first in the game, but once I saw her, I knew she was going to be my girl for this game, since I only do one LI per VN. But it wasn't just her face, it was her dialogue, her personality, which has definitely changed in the later chapters, especially Chapter 10, where I compare her to what Carli was like in Depraved Awakening.

But there was no way in hell I was going to turn down that face, which is why she's my avatar. My most favorite VN girl ever, and SO cute when she's mad or angry.

screenshot1041.png

screenshot0962.png

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Gloria looks way underage to me. Her face looks like a girl in first grade, but the rest of her body looks like a young adults.

Teri also has the face of a first grader, but unlike Gloria her body looks more developed as a woman.

Seems like a trend with games here... and I find it creepy. Like I wonder just who are they marketing for... pedos? Because not every guy is into woman that look like first graders. I'm not. Gloria's face as a child looks EXACTLY the same as an adult... which is reality breaking and disturbing.

The only ones in the game who do not look creepy to me is Katie, the MC's ex wife, and Shanlon... but Shanlon acts creepy.

Can't really agree with the comment about their physical visual, specially when there are quite a few games out here that actually do that with the characters looking like teenagers.

That being said Gloria does act like a teen, which is the reason i always felt like Jake is robbing the cradle and i avoided her.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Can't really agree with the comment about their physical visual, specially when there are quite a few games out here that actually do that with the characters looking like teenagers.

That being said Gloria does act like a teen, which is the reason i always felt like Jake is robbing the cradle and i avoided her.
Going after Gloria here made me feel as bad as going after Judy in DA. I happen to like Gloria a lot with her character and her story, but she's the little sister to the MC and Ellen, so I just couldn't bring myself to do anything with her. I watch her scenes once in the gallery thanks to the mod, but after that, nope. She's cute and all, but it doesn't feel right pursuing her.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
hope an update comes out soon as i really cant wait to get out of that cockblock cliffhanger ending :p
Before Philly got COVID, we were looking at something around Christmas (either before or after) but I'm guessing it'll be in January at this point, as I think Philly is still stuck in NYC waiting for Canada to admit him back.

Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Before Philly got COVID, we were looking at something around Christmas (either before or after) but I'm guessing it'll be in January at this point, as I think Philly is still stuck in NYC waiting for Canada to admit him back.
their health comes first of course. after all i am just an impatient ass when it comes to good stories that do not try to kill itself with emotional whiplash XD

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

While Gloria & Teri do look younger compared to the rest of the cast, I think the vast majority can agree that they don't look as young as you think, and nowhere near pedo material. If this is truly how you feel, that's on you. I have zero doubt that there's no intention to cater to the pedo crowd by Philly at all.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Going after Gloria here made me feel as bad as going after Judy in DA. I happen to like Gloria a lot with her character and her story, but she's the little sister to the MC and Ellen, so I just couldn't bring myself to do anything with her. I watch her scenes once in the gallery thanks to the mod, but after that, nope. She's cute and all, but it doesn't feel right pursuing her.
Atleast Gloria's romance isn't as creepy as Judy's in DA, where you could sexually assault her as soon as you met her, even though she's supposed to be your daughter. Like, Judy and the MC get slipped a drugged that makes them uncontrollably horny - the same drug that ruined Stalla - and by the end of the game this somehow turned into a romance.

What I don't like as much about Gloria is that her dialogue almost makes it seem like not pursuing her is the bad outcome. I know her and the MC share a mental connection and wet dreams, but she always seemed to be uncomfortable with this. Then she suddenly wants to jump on the MC's dick to lose her virginity and is so very disappointed, when you tell her no, that pursuing and not pursuing her almost feels equally bad.
The romantic buildup is much better handled for the other LI, especially Katie and Ellen. It almost feels like Gloria is the intended LI you're supposed to go for, but it's just so handwaved. It's weird that it happens so late in the game, when she's already established as the little sister, as you said.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Atleast Gloria's romance isn't as creepy as Judy's in DA, where you could sexually assault her as soon as you met her, even though she's supposed to be your daughter. Like, Judy and the MC get slipped a drugged that makes them uncontrollably horny - the same drug that ruined Stalla - and by the end of the game this somehow turned into a romance.

What I don't like as much about Gloria is that her dialogue almost makes it seem like not pursuing her is the bad outcome. I know her and the MC share a mental connection and wet dreams, but she always seemed to be uncomfortable with this. Then she suddenly wants to jump on the MC's dick to lose her virginity and is so very disappointed, when you tell her no, that pursuing and not pursuing her almost feels equally bad.
The romantic buildup is much better handled for the other LI, especially Katie and Ellen. It almost feels like Gloria is the intended LI you're supposed to go for, but it's just so handwaved. It's weird that it happens so late in the game, when she's already established as the little sister, as you said.
Yeah goosing Judy on Day 1 the night after meeting Carli was just wrong. I did a Judy run ONCE, and it just didn't feel right at all, and I didn't use the patch. Couldn't imagine how I would feel if I did.

And you're right about Gloria in this game, when it comes to her and the MC. She's so put off by the dreams they share then suddenly, at a hotel in the desert, she wants a piece of him because she doesn't want to die a virgin. If Gloria was the intended LI, as you referred to. Katie is there with you from Day 1, and if you play the cards right, and ask her for help, and then the party, you can see, after the party, and then later in her office, a bond already starting to grow between them. That just felt so right.

Ellen's route develops out of saving Gloria multiple times, but even that felt right, because of the history they share. Gloria's though, with that sister feeling, just isn't right, and I guess borderline cringey.. If you didn't have to save her multiple times, and she was just another LI, maybe I would've felt different. But it was a definite "love at first sight" moment with Katie for me.

I felt bad turning Gloria down at the hotel, but being so devoted to Katie, I wasn't about to more forward with her.

Reactions: Hildegardt

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020

That's the one thing I don't like about Philly's games. It's like the story is woven sometimes for the MC to get his dick wet. Often at the expense of the plot and the characters.

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
That's the one thing I don't like about Philly's games. It's like the story is woven sometimes for the MC to get his dick wet. Often at the expense of the plot and the characters.
Well, in the first game, you obviously had Carli and Stella to help with that aspect, Christina and Mi-do as well, and if you wanted, Judy.

In this game, there's everyone from Shanlon and Teri to Ellen, Chandy, Katie and now Gloria and Sonja.

I mean, most VNs rotate around a singular male MC with at least 4-5 girls throwing themselves at him, and I think they are all designed for me the MC to go hog wild if he wants to, it's not just Philly's. Games like Leap of Faith and BaD have every girl swooning over one guy.

It's nothing new really. Philly has a much better way of doing it though, much more creative, and one of the best damn settings/themes that I've seen in a VN in the two years or so I've been playing them.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Well, in the first game, you obviously had Carli and Stella to help with that aspect, Christina and Mi-do as well, and if you wanted, Judy.

In this game, there's everyone from Shanlon and Teri to Ellen, Chandy, Katie and now Gloria and Sonja.

I mean, most VNs rotate around a singular male MC with at least 4-5 girls throwing themselves at him, and I think they are all designed for me the MC to go hog wild if he wants to, it's not just Philly's. Games like Leap of Faith and BaD have every girl swooning over one guy.

It's nothing new really. Philly has a much better way of doing it though, much more creative, and one of the best damn settings/themes that I've seen in a VN in the two years or so I've been playing them.
The setting is the exact reason why it doesn't sit right with me. BaD, for all of it's merits, it's not really something new. So it gets a pass. But when the mc in this game or in Philly's previous game fucks everything that walks, it takes away from the tension in the plot which is so essential given that's exactly what he's trying to achieve.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Echbert
Nov 20, 2021
Actually Judy looked older than Gloria and was also easier on the eyes to me, both her and Chrstina looked older than gloria and Teri both.

Ellen is nicer to the MC than Sonja, but to me her face is a bit pre-teenish as well.

Like IRL adult women have a nose greater than eye ratio usually, but Ellen is verging on anime style.

It seems the only games where the main LI dont look pre-teen are ones with lots of older women (20-40)

It rare to find games where none of the main LI characters look pre-teenish.

Callisto pulls it off more or less though, since they all look like adult women to me for the most part.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Never got the feeling that taking her virginity was supposed to be the right thing to do. The MC himself acknowledges that Henry, Ellen, Katie and Sonja would all be mad at him, even Sasha looked him down with disgust. Gloria is some kind of forbidden fruit at best.

The romance would have been better if she had not been portrayed like a vulnerable child in a huge part of the game. The first visual the MC got from her is her child form, she basically replaced the little girl from Caraccas in his mind. Henry is portrayed as her surrogate father, Ellen & Katie act like her big sister figures, she's Sonja's morality pet. While Chandra & Abby are still way younger than the MC, they're both portrayed as snarky young women with an attitude and confident with their sexuality, so it doesn't really feel wrong. Gloria on the other hand is still traumatised with her aborted first sexual experience. The dream sequence where the MC as a full grown man is trapped in Gloria's first boyfriend'skin and watches her undressing herself despite the fact she's supposed to be 15 years old at this point, is actually creepy and uncomfortable. In many cases, the MC looks like a pervert every time he lusts after her. Even the dream threesome session with Ellen, while being hot, is pretty weird considering Gloria's having sex with her big sis figure and her fuck buddy.

It doesn't help either that she mentioned Ellen during the sex scene, confessing she feels less sexy than her. She sounded like a teenage girl lusting after her big sister's boyfriend.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Actually Judy looked older than Gloria and was also easier on the eyes to me, both her and Chrstina looked older than gloria and Teri both.

Ellen is nicer to the MC than Sonja, but to me her face is a bit pre-teenish as well.

Like IRL adult women have a nose greater than eye ratio usually, but Ellen is verging on anime style.

It seems the only games where the main LI dont look pre-teen are ones with lots of older women (20-40)

It rare to find games where none of the main LI characters look pre-teenish.

Callisto pulls it off more or less though, since they all look like adult women to me for the most part.
For Ellen's defense, she is Asian, and Asians, especially women, always look younger.
I never liked how Christina looked, and even Carli, from the beginning of the game and then the middle and end looked different to me.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Never got the feeling that taking her virginity was supposed to be the right thing to do. The MC himself acknowledges that Henry, Ellen, Katie and Sonja would all be mad at him, even Sasha looked him down with disgust. Gloria is some kind of forbidden fruit at best.

The romance would have been better if she had not been portrayed like a vulnerable child in a huge part of the game. The first visual the MC got from her is her child form, she basically replaced the little girl from Caraccas in his mind. Henry is portrayed as her surrogate father, Ellen & Katie act like her big sister figures, she's Sonja's morality pet. While Chandra & Abby are still way younger than the MC, they're both portrayed as snarky young women with an attitude and confident with their sexuality, so it doesn't really feel wrong. Gloria on the other hand is still traumatised with her aborted first sexual experience. The dream sequence where the MC as a full grown man is trapped in Gloria's first boyfriend'skin and watches her undressing herself despite the fact she's supposed to be 15 years old at this point, is actually creepy and uncomfortable. In many cases, the MC looks like a pervert every time he lusts after her. Even the dream threesome session with Ellen, while being hot, is pretty weird considering Gloria's having sex with her big sis figure and her fuck buddy.

It doesn't help either that she mentioned Ellen during the sex scene, confessing she feels less sexy than her. She sounded like a teenage girl lusting after her big sister's boyfriend.
Fully agreeing with this entire post 100% and the best way I've seen it worded so far during this conversation.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Philly is a guy. You can rest assured, as some know him in person and many of us have heard his voice.
Important fact: he also works alone.
I'm writing this in the vague hope that someday people will stop referring to him as "they." Let's see how it turns out.

As for the discussion about Gloria, I'm seeing her scenes because anything Philly makes is gorgeous and I'm a completionist too.
However, this is how I ranked all the girls in December, 2018 when Philly first presented the characters for his then upcoming new masterpiece:

https://f95zone.to/threads/city-of-broken-dreamers-philly-games-discussion-thread.21988/post-1375043

Here I go:

- Gloria: My least favourite of the four, I'm afraid. I agree with the forum user who said that some of the girls looked bland to him and that's my case with this girl. She clearly reminds of Judy, my least favourite in DA too I must admit. Maybe it's just the look she has in that picture, we'll have to see.

- Victoria: The best. I don't know if it's her look in that picture or what but there's something mysterious and sexy to her that caught my eye. Definitely Carli v. 2.0.

- Katie: Very nice too, I like the glasses and the freckles (Becca from Melody is another good example). However not all girls need those gigantic boobs. We already have Victoria with that kind of "feature".

- Ellen: My second favourite. She's clearly no Mido, that's impossible. But she's a nice variation from the usual girls that we get in these games. If she's the approachable (to the MC) version of The Dragon I'll be goddamn happy. I'd love to have her as an ally, if you get what I mean.

All in all I think that Philly did an outstanding job with the girls. That's no surprise. However I get the feeling that other than Ellen, all the other three girls follow a similar pattern in terms of body type, their hair colour being the main distinguishing trait. Anyway I'm sure that their different personalities and backgrounds will make up for that.

Besides I'd love to see a girl with a darker complexion, maybe latina or mulatto. That would be much more enriching.
I think that Philly may still be working on the design of new characters, so if that's the case and you read me, please, give it a thought.
The most awesome thing about this is that my opinion HASN'T ALMOST CHANGED since then, and I we didn't even have a game at that time.
Victoria is the best character in any game, while Ellen is still my second favourite.
BTW still waiting for a beautiful mulata or black girl. Next game it will be then :(

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017

Great points!
I think the issue is that Gloria is supposed to fulfill the porn trope of the innocent virgin, which doesn't fit well with the cyberpunk setting, where nobody is innocent. Having a grown woman act like a child in a world, where exploitation is normalized, gets creepy very fast. If anything she should have grown up pretty fast, because she spend her formative years homeless on the streets and all.
In contrast Chandra and Abby are also very young, but fit the setting well, because they show off the club and drug scene. Having rich kids rebelling against their corpo parents by partying with the lower class is also an interesting plot device.

I've mentioned before in this thread that I think the sex scenes in this game are a little disappointing, because they don't have anything to do with the setting. This doesn't mean that the game is bad, because the romance arcs are written well either way. That's especially the case for Katie and Ellen, but Victoria also works, because her sex scenes have plot relevance. In Gloria's case it's just so on the nose that she only exists, because we like them young. Her character is tropy in a way that can detract from the quality of the rest of the game.

Gloria could have been a newborn AI hiding in the matrix from the grasp of the corpos, who want to exploit her genius hacking skills. Ellen organizes a heist to get the MC to a specific port he can jack into to find and save Gloria. The heist is a success and Gloria and the MC get to know each other. He jacks into the matrix to visit her and subsequently jacks into the private port between her virtual legs, because she's a conscious AI and wants to explore human feelings and emotion.
But then, oh no, the corpos found her again! At the final showdown Victoria has to step up. The MC has always been good to her and she doesn't want to be on the side of the exploiters anymore. Her augmentations allow her to download Gloria onto her brain to remove Gloria's trace from the matrix and save her once and for all, so that she doesn't have to hide anymore.
The climax is an epic threesome with three minds sharing two bodies. In the epilog Gloria gets her own body with extra functions (wink wink).
Like this we could have an innocent young virgin, but with a cyberpunk spin on it.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Great points!
I think the issue is that Gloria is supposed to fulfill the porn trope of the innocent virgin, which doesn't fit well with the cyberpunk setting, where nobody is innocent. Having a grown woman act like a child in a world, where exploitation is normalized, gets creepy very fast. If anything she should have grown up pretty fast, because she spend her formative years homeless on the streets and all.
In contrast Chandra and Abby are also very young, but fit the setting well, because they show off the club and drug scene. Having rich kids rebelling against their corpo parents by partying with the lower class is also an interesting plot device.

I've mentioned before in this thread that I think the sex scenes in this game are a little disappointing, because they don't have anything to do with the setting. This doesn't mean that the game is bad, because the romance arcs are written well either way. That's especially the case for Katie and Ellen, but Victoria also works, because her sex scenes have plot relevance. In Gloria's case it's just so on the nose that she only exists, because we like them young. Her character is tropy in a way that can detract from the quality of the rest of the game.

Gloria could have been a newborn AI hiding in the matrix from the grasp of the corpos, who want to exploit her genius hacking skills. Ellen organizes a heist to get the MC to a specific port he can jack into to find and save Gloria. The heist is a success and Gloria and the MC get to know each other. He jacks into the matrix to visit her and subsequently jacks into the private port between her virtual legs, because she's a conscious AI and wants to explore human feelings and emotion.
But then, oh no, the corpos found her again! At the final showdown Victoria has to step up. The MC has always been good to her and she doesn't want to be on the side of the exploiters anymore. Her augmentations allow her to download Gloria onto her brain to remove Gloria's trace from the matrix and save her once and for all, so that she doesn't have to hide anymore.
The climax is an epic threesome with three minds sharing two bodies. In the epilog Gloria gets her own body with extra functions (wink wink).
Like this we could have an innocent young virgin, but with a cyberpunk spin on it.
I personally enjoyed the Katie lewd scenes as I thought they were well done, just waiting for the MC to say the three words to her as she already did to him. The C10 lewd scene in her clinic was pretty damn good, as was the one, well, ones in C6 when they're in the room together. C8's short one was passion fueled for sure, but I enjoyed them all, but maybe that's also because I love how the relationship between Katie and MC builds over the game.

But I do agree on the Gloria virgin thing, as I do with the idea about Chandy and Abby. I'm still not fully personally trusting Victoria yet, but you can see how her view has changed from the beginning of the game to where we are now. I guess once I see Vic in the face of Meredith and actually helping out the MC's side, I'll change my tune, right now, I'm back and forth with her.

I'd love to see the MC bring Vic to meet the gang, you would think it would have to happen at some point right? Imagine the looks on the other people's faces. I mean her and Ellen "sort of" connected while Ellen was in the hospital. But what about Katie and Gloria? How would Ellen deal with Chandy? Just questions I would love to know the answers to.

4.70 star(s) 417 Votes